Films (Recently Viewed)

• BoT___ sa...
    • Användare
    • 17 nov 2011, 03:23
    LucianLuciferi said:
    I watched Lars Von Trier's Melancholia a few days ago, I really loved it, especially the hypnotic use of Wagner's Prelude to Tristan & Isolde throughout the film.

I am halfway through Melancholia and...and...I fell asleep a few times due to exhaustion mixed with lack of interest. I might give the rest of it a go tonight. I had high hopes for it considering that I loved everything else I've seen by Von Trier.

He who cannot learn to fly higher should learn to fall faster.
  • BoT___ said:
    I am halfway through Melancholia and...and...I fell asleep a few times due to exhaustion mixed with lack of interest. I might give the rest of it a go tonight. I had high hopes for it considering that I loved everything else I've seen by Von Trier.

That's a pity. I never once felt bored during the film. Though maybe you were just tired. :)

• nabraxas sa...
    • Användare
    • 18 nov 2011, 03:18
    I watched a movie called Heartless last night. It was pretty entertaining ( I never fell asleep during it : P ). Well shot/good visuals and good acting. Story was amusing and heartfelt, if not a little predictable. I didn't think it was bad but it wasn't 'great', many commentators on the webs seemed to have enjoyed it more than I did, but to each their own...

Those that hear not the music, think the dancers mad.
    • [Raderad användare] sa...
    • Användare
    • 20 nov 2011, 11:58
    does this count as a film as well? either way, I highly recommend this to anyone

• BoT___ sa...
    • Användare
    • 24 nov 2011, 01:28

I Rewatched This Last Week

You can click here if you'd like to own it for a while.

• nabraxas sa...
    • Användare
    • 11 dec 2011, 06:18
    Really good documentary that I recommend to ANY Last.fm user, despite what music they may typically prefer to listen to. For me, being a music appreciator and a fellow artist, it presented a very viable topic for discussion...

• Copie Conforme by Abbas Kiarostami. It has been a long time since I saw such a masterpiece. The plot may look simple and boring, and, in some ways, the whole story is such. But where Kiarostami is a genius, is because he's able to instil the life, magic and power of the cinema in his movie, something that can be done simply with the way of filming for instance, and not only with digital effects - something that is too easily forgotten these days. The performance of Juliette Binoche is also astounding and plays a big part to make the film work.

nota bene: I won't post the movie trailer, because it's plain bullshit. It doesn't reflect at all the atmosphere of the movie, worse, it betrays it, giving the feeling that it's only a stupid love story. Of course, it is, but it's approached in a more subtle way that this uncouth trailer let imagine

• Användare
    • 11 dec 2011, 19:56
    thanks for the recommendation Nathan!! this looks highly interesting. will get on that asap.

• BoT___ sa...
    • Användare
    • 12 dec 2011, 03:40
    Aevitasm said:
    thanks for the recommendation Nathan!! this looks highly interesting. will get on that asap.

Yes, thanks Nathan. It's on hold at the libby.

• Användare
    • 14 dec 2011, 23:29

• BoT___ sa...
    • Användare
    • 15 dec 2011, 01:30
    Aevitasm said:

^ ^ I sent that film (in hard copy) to Rooie. I wonder if he watched it?

Also, Hiromi and I were completely and utterly emotionally steamrolled by the film below:

Such a touchingly, graciously, beautifully filmed film. The story is well paced, grabbing one from the get-go.

• BoT___ sa...
    • Användare
    • 20 dec 2011, 06:57

OOOH, fans of the hippity hop need to watch this film.

• nabraxas sa...
    • Användare
    • 2 jan 2012, 12:30

Good flick!

• BoT___ sa...
    • Användare
    • 2 jan 2012, 21:50

Watching this film prompted me to track down Haneke's 'Funny Games.'

• BoT___ sa...
    • Användare
    • 6 jan 2012, 17:34

Fun for the WHOLE Family!

When it was over, Leilani asked us: "What was your favorite part?" Hers was the shit cocktail. I had a harder time determining which stunt was my favorite.

• nabraxas sa...
    • Användare
    • 9 jan 2012, 02:11

Pretty tame/boring/contrived/pretentious... Two-dimensional characters portrayed by second rate actors. A promising premise that never left the launchpad. I wanted to like it, but it totally missed the mark for me.

• BoT___ sa...
    • Användare
    • 14 jan 2012, 01:11

I broke up this film into two parts due to my harried life of parenting and academia and...and...and the lead character is SO GODDAMN morbidly shy that I started to feel ill while watching his character navigate through various interactions.
    Cool animated portions!
    The pace picks up in the second half and leads to an ultimately fulfilling viewing experience.
    The guy from The Princess Bride is in it! I forget his name (and the character's name from TPB) but there we are. Too lazy to look it up.
    One of the main reasons I picked this up is...Wait. Start over. TWO of the main reasons I picked this up is
    1.) It's from Film Movement
    2.) On the cover there was a blurb that said something like, "Everything an independent film should be!" and I thought, Really? We'll see about that...

• BoT___ sa...
    • Användare
    • 15 jan 2012, 03:28

Calling all perverts!
    Submissives....crawl in line!

This is a beautifully inspiring documentary with powerful, beautiful women inside. What more needs to be said?
    A BIG spanks to Nathan for pointing it out to me AND for showing me that it can be viewed in its entirety on Hulu for free.

• nabraxas sa...
    • Användare
    • 19 jan 2012, 07:10
    Hip, edgy, high school crime noir.

• BoT___ sa...
    • Användare
    • 19 jan 2012, 07:49
    nabraxas said:
    Hip, edgy, high school crime noir.

^ Oh shit, I forgot I watched this a while back. Thanks!

Okay, okay. So I already mentioned this in the shoutbox but it really deserves a spot in the immortal , ongoing stack of recommended films that is this dedicated thread.
    Alright, alright. I think I ALMOST cried at one or two points. If I could've known none of you were peeking over my shoulder I prolly would have.
    It surprised me too. The emotion, I mean.

• nabraxas sa...
    • Användare
    • 20 jan 2012, 09:40

• BoT___ sa...
    • Användare
    • 4 feb 2012, 06:10

We were watching this tonight when at the 1:24 mark the DVD disagreed with our home computer. Twenty minutes left to go! SO I sent the kids to bed and finished it alone on my computer.
    I'm glad I did, for the film was much better than my expectations for it granted.
    Certainly not a romantic take on the whole vampire mythos.

A major part of this film's thrust comes from knowing that it is based on true events.

• nabraxas sa...
    • Användare
    • 7 feb 2012, 05:51
    I'm in the middle of this right now:

What can I say, I have liked what I have seen from the first 2 films. The Paranormal Activities have been consistently clever in my opinion (from a sort of technical standpoint) and at the very least, there has been a recent language of film being probed a little bit further. And I personally approve of ANY movies that make an effort to encourage attentiveness (via believable characters, intriguing pacing of events, etc)...
    It's kind of peculiar how often the occult is associated with 'horror', generally speaking.

Oh, also the little girl in this movie is just too darned cute : )

• nabraxas sa...
    • Användare
    • 7 feb 2012, 09:11
    As a follow up, I am now watching a recent film from Spanish cult director Álex de la Iglesia entitled The Baby's Room... unfortunately/surprisingly there is no proper online trailer for it...

• nabraxas sa...
    • Användare
    • 11 feb 2012, 11:10
    Watching Lucifer Valentine's third installment of his 'Vomt Gore Trilogy' adequately entitled Slow Torture Puke Chamber

What exactly is it? A strict indictment implaced against propagation? A slurred sermon affirming the arrogant effrontery of fertilization??
    Formula's fatal to the fetal flesh
    Maybe It's Maybelline
    BelieveInNothing WhatYouSeeIsWhatYouGet self-assured-self-same-shame-chute s'nuff'said \m/
    forever...

Oh yeah, and LOVE : )

Anonyma användare kan inte skriva inlägg. Vänligen logga in eller skapa ett konto för att göra inlägg i forumen.