what could make soundamus even better?

• Google Calendar

Maybe I found a bug in this wonderful service.

Just couple of days ago I was able to add release to Google Calendar, but now it's not possible. Server says "Calendar cannot load this event", probably because of lack of date. It seems like Google Calendar has problem with link dealing or changed some conventions.

Any help most appreciated.

thanks.

• Joffi222 sa...
    • Användare
    • 21 sep 2009, 21:18
    Google Calender must have changed something... I too cannot add new events via the automated link. I've tried both normal and ssl connections, tried deleting cookies and cache, to no avail.
    add event and get:
    http://img269.imageshack.us/img269/5170/captureaw.jpg
    click save changes and get:
    http://img269.imageshack.us/img269/2813/capturebq.jpg

• behlert sa...
    • Abonnent
    • 22 sep 2009, 12:48
    Sorry for not seeing this sooner, it seems my reply tracker is broken... I've tested the Google calendar links just now and don't have the problem. I did notice that sometimes there is a small delay on the Google calendar side filling in the date... but the link format looks to be correct. Try again and let me know.

new and upcoming music releases from the artists you listen to
    http://www.soundamus.net
  • Works like a charm for me now. Thanks a lot.

• behlert sa...
    • Abonnent
    • 26 okt 2009, 09:04

soundamus update

At last, you can now filter album sources, e.g. to remove itunes or amazon.fr or amazon.de links from your feed. Album release dates are not yet adjusted based on the sources you select, this will be coming soon. It also does not apply the filter to your monthly recommendations, again coming soon.

There were a few other updates last month that I did not announce here. Following a suggestion in this forum, popular tags are now displayed for each album. Releases from dancetracksdigital.com, a great source for electronic music mp3s, have been added. Lastly, some improvements (hopefully) to normalizing/merging album information were made. The biggest one is to use last.fm artist redirection information, so, for example, if one site lists an album from Chk Chk Chk and another !!!, soundamus will treat them as the same.

Thanks again for the feedback.

• FineWolf sa...
    • Användare
    • 27 nov 2009, 16:45
    Right now, the services gives me a bunch of duplicates. Would be nice to remove those.

• C26000 sa...
    • Användare
    • 8 jan 2010, 22:30
    what about ignoring the T-Shirts? :)

great tool, I love it!

• jankeno sa...
    • Användare
    • 30 jan 2010, 13:56
    Some remarks:
    Id love to ignore all the releases which are not "music".
    I would really enjoy "add to ical" feature..
    I cant see "my recommendations" while using browser. Is it my browser, or is something wrong with the page code?
    Oh, and Is it possible to exclude just-electronic-releases?
    Or the duplicates?

Im sorry if it sounds too critical :) I really love soundamus.

• behlert sa...
    • Abonnent
    • 3 feb 2010, 06:31
    Thank you always for the feedback.

Monthly recommendations are broken at the moment, I am working on a new recommendations engine and plan to update the site over the weekend.

Clearly, duplicates and T-Shirts shouldn't appear in soundamus feeds. The external data that soundamus relies on is full of noise and inconsistencies, and my filtering rules need an update... very soon.

Filtering by tags would be very cool, something I've had in mind since adding tags last year.

I will look into the technical possibility of an "add to ical" button, if you know of any other sites that have kind of feature I would like to take a look at how they work.

• Joffi222 sa...
    • Användare
    • 1 mar 2010, 04:49
    even broken, it is a godsend; thank you for your continued work on this

• It will very good if we will have ability to get rss without "recommended releases". I want see two different rss to see only upcoming releases from my library and second rss to see only recommended releases.

• For starters, it would be nice if the link to http://soundamus.net/lfmnr/user/USERNAME/html was somewhere on the site.

When I don't have my bookmarks with me, I always go to soundamus.net and spend 10 to 30 minutes trying to remember how to see my feed. I always fail and have to go to this group digging up old threads in hopes to find the link. Would also be nice if the link didn't have the "html" at the end and, perhaps, "lfmnr" renamed to "lastfm" and the "user" folder dropped. Would be that much easier to remember. Or just add the link to the website.

Anyways, great service.

• behlert said:
    I will look into the technical possibility of an "add to ical" button, if you know of any other sites that have kind of feature I would like to take a look at how they work.

The webcal link you already have for Windows/Outlook does exactly that. If you are on a Mac OS or iOS, that link opens iCal (now called simply "Calendar") with the Subscribe dialog.

So, you can safely rename that link from "Add to Outlook or Windows Calendar" to "Add to Outlook or Windows/Mac/iOS Calendar" or something like that.

• Well, this thing seems to be abandoned.

• AVtime sa...
    • Användare
    • 21 aug 2014, 09:49

Quick filter request

Could you add a simple checkbox to ignore multi-artist albums?

Compilations specifically. I'm old enough now that alot of my favorite artists form the past are getting wrapped up in the cheap "Best of the <zzz>!!" albums. An alternate, possibly harder option would be to add a checkbox to allow multi-artist albums whose artists are ALL found in your list. For example, that would still allow collaborations between two artists I like to appear, but still filter out all the crap. The first one would be just fine with me, though.

Anonyma användare kan inte skriva inlägg. Vänligen logga in eller skapa ett konto för att göra inlägg i forumen.