The list of Desktop Software that scrobbles

• Alainn sa...
    • Användare
    • 3 feb 2011, 16:05

The list of Desktop Software that scrobbles

• Mufin (Music Finder) - Review - Site link - Use if: you want to auto generate playlists based on your currently playing track, either local or online - Rating: poor
    • MusicBee - Review - Site link - Use if: you want to scrobble tracks on Jamendo and blog-pages with embedded mp3s. - Rating: Very Good (if it could detect Soundcloud-files it would be excellent)
    • ShareTheMusic - Review - Site link - Use if: never - Rating: bad
    • Songbird - Review - Site link - Use if: you want to easily play embedded mp3s on blog pages and find new artists based on that - Rating: very good

New: Obscure Music Blogs a collection of music blogs with rare/obscure music from all genres
  • Pandora Lite for Gnome

• Cogscrobbler is one of the best desktop scrobblers out there. It's been invaluable to me ever since I found it.

From the website:
    cogscrobbler is a manual last.fm scrobbler for analog/offline media.

It works by searching for track listings in online databases.
    Discogs is currently supported.

Downloads are provided for Windows and Debian derivatives.

http://cogscrobbler.ulfurinn.net/

• corneld sa...
    • Abonnent
    • 3 apr 2012, 09:21
    @Alainn .... All your 4 softwares ar destinated for Windows, and .... maybe this should be noted first.
    Unfortunatelly, none of your links for "review" are working now (maybe you deleted them ?)
    And ... the link for "Songbird" goes to ... sharethemusic instead :-)

Since I'm using this piece of software in my Linux and I'm very pleased with it and ... since it DOES have a Windows port ... I'd like to present you all ... Clementine

It may be the greatest music software you can find :-))
    Take a look at the screenshots, read about the features and ... give it a try (I only want to mention it's ability to display lyrics for the current playing song, as well as other facts about the artist ....)
    And most of all ... it has already available in the standard installation the plugin for scrobbling your plays here at last.fm ! (as well as direct playing FROM last.fm, if you are a subscribber)

Against stupidity, the gods themselves contend in vain.
    • pogue972 sa...
    • Användare
    • 4 dec 2012, 06:13

Last.fm Scrobbler for Chrome

This extension should take the place of the like.fm extension, since the author of that site has now said publicly he doesn't want to have anything to do with last.fm and is trying to run his own music streaming service.

Last.fm Scrobbler for Chrome scrobbles from the following sites:

• 22tracks.com
    • Amazon.com Cloud Player
    • BandCamp.com
    • Deezer.com
    • FFtunes.com
    • Fizy.com
    • Ghostly Discovery
    • Google Music
    • iHeart.com
    • Indieshuffle.com
    • Jango.com
    • Megalyrics.ru
    • MySpace
    • Pandora.com (new interface)
    • Pitchfork.com
    • Thesixtyone.com
    • TTnetMuzik.com.tr
    • Tuba.fm
    • Virgin Radio Turkiye
    • VK.com
    • Weborama.fm
    • YouTube
    • Zvooq.ru
    • Z-music.org

It doesn't support Grooveshark, since it now allows users with registered accounts to scrobble songs they play directly to their last.fm accounts within their account settings.

There is also a third party developed scrobbler for Android devices that will scrobble plays from a lot of different media players (but not Pandora, unfortunately).

It's called Simple Last.fm Scrobbler (NOTE: I had to shrink the link because lastfm breaks long URLs from Google Play.)

Both of these projects are open source and, if you were so inclined, you could add additional support for other media players or websites.

• Last.fm Scrobbler is also available for Opera 15 and newer (stable version is Opera 16 released yesterday), as this browser uses the Chromium engine now:

https://addons.opera.com/extensions/details/lastfm-scrobbler-2/

Works fine with the new Myspace site which offers their Premium catalogue of all major and many indie labels in US/UK/AUS/NZ on-demand for free now (over 50 mio songs).

Latest connectors include scrobbling on Xbox Music, Beats Music, 8tracks, Spotify et al.

Anonyma användare kan inte skriva inlägg. Vänligen logga in eller skapa ett konto för att göra inlägg i forumen.