New album: IS AWESOME!!

• New album: IS AWESOME!!

Take that, haters. It's gonna be awesome. This is why.

Previews

New previews - impressive!

Henrik's commentary

Old post:

There will be one, definitely.

tracking vocals for the 5th Scar Symmetry album!
    Twitter

15 min interview with Henrik, not only about the album.

So, what do you think? When will it come out? 2011? Or the cliche 2012 year?

Redigerad av SoulBlade_ den 15 apr 2011, 10:36
  • I think probably their next album comes out later this year. Previous album was released a year after the premiere the previous one, so why they can't make the album this year? : P

• I have some news regarding the new album....
    It's called "Event Horizon" and the initial release date is... April 15th !!! (less than three months left :-) :-) :-) ).

Source: NB release schedule - http://img262.imageshack.us/img262/3631/ss2011.png

EDIT:
    Confirmation: http://www.nuclearblast.de/en/products/tontraeger/cd/cd/scar-symmetry-event-horizon.html (the source remains the same though - the label)

• This is great news. I thought the album will be released somehow in the the middle or at the end of the year.

• Great album title! Can't wait :D

For those who don't know:

In general relativity, an event horizon is a boundary in spacetime beyond which events cannot affect an outside observer. In layman's terms it is defined as "the point of no return" i.e. the point at which the gravitational pull becomes so great as to make escape impossible. The most common case of an event horizon is that surrounding a black hole. Light emitted from beyond the horizon can never reach the observer. Likewise, any object approaching the horizon from the observer's side appears to slow down and never quite pass through the horizon, with its image becoming more and more redshifted as time elapses. The traveling object, however, experiences no strange effects and does, in fact, pass through the horizon in a finite amount of proper time.

• Hell yeah!

thats a sweet ass title <3 cant wait!.. Scar Symmetry album titles never disappoint me :D

• Wow! I almost thought Scar Symmetry would put a simple title for their album. I mean, at first thought "Event Horizon" doesn't sound any epic. But they didn't disappoint, me as always. :D

• I'm anxious about the track list :D

• I don't know how to break it to you, but the title may have changed to... "The Unseen Empire" :)

That's according to this: http://www.nuclearblast.de/en/products/tontraeger/cd/cd/scar-symmetry-event-horizon.html
    but note the url above - there's still 'event horizon' in it :-)

Anyway, I personally like "Event Horizon" better.

BTW apart from physics "Event Horizon" is the name of good, quite old, sci-fi/horror/action movie ( http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0119081/combined ).

As for the tracklist, I think we may have our first two song names:
    "Event Horizon", "The Unseen Empire", lol

• I prefer Event Horizon xD

• The Unseen Empire fits more to the interview, he talked about illuminati, NWO etc.

• Xelias11 sa...
    • Användare
    • 2 feb 2011, 23:28
    Meh I liked the title Event Horizon way more...

FF til' Death
  • Agreed. I understand the illuminati vibe of "The Unseen Empire", but "Event Horizon" sounds much more Scar Symmetrian, I mean more mysterious and "sci-fi". It also feels like "The Unseen Empire" is a title any other band could come up with.

But in the end we have to remember that it's all about the music, not the names :-]

• Xelias11 sa...
    • Användare
    • 4 feb 2011, 15:44
    painki11er sagte:
    Agreed. I understand the illuminati vibe of "The Unseen Empire", but "Event Horizon" sounds much more Scar Symmetrian, I mean more mysterious and "sci-fi". It also feels like "The Unseen Empire" is a title any other band could come up with.

Could not have said it better myself. That's exactly why I love Scar Symmetry on the one hand because of their mysterious, space-ish and sci-fi-ish album and song titles. Adds up to the feeling way better.

And of course the music counts and let's hope they found their way again.

FF til' Death
  • Little update here:

Plec is mastering the album. DMD was mastered by Jonas Kjellgren himself. Plec was responsible for Holographic Universe and Symmetric in Design.

IMHO this is a great news, cause the production of DMD was probably the weakest point of the album. The sound was "flat", the guitars were to loud, vocals were too quiet etc... and I wasn't the only one complaining -> read the reviews: http://www.metal-archives.com/review.php?id=244326 . Plec equals more polished and clean sound.

Source: http://twitter.com/plecprod

• Xelias11 sa...
    • Användare
    • 6 feb 2011, 17:36
    Fuck yeah! Good news. The production was a big letdown compared to their older albums for me. It was just..too noisy somehow and not polished. HU, PBP and SID were lightyears better in that regard.

Thank God. Hopefully they have a lot of synths again :)

FF til' Death
  • And long songs like HU or Kaleidoscopic God :).

• And cosmic-mysterious cover like HU =)

• Agreed!!

• Thanks for the link!

A little repost:
    Per Nilsson said:
    I guess we'll post some teasers eventually, when we get closer to the release date! Some of the songs are among the best we've ever written, and Jonas did an incredible job with the mix - it's in that sweet spot in between organic/natural and modern/punchy/triggered that I think suits our style of music really well.

Lars has grown considerably as a singer since last album. I think he did great on Dark Matter Dimensions - especially considering that was his first real studio recording EVER let alone his first album recording! He's much more confident with his voice now. Roberth did great also, as usual, but he's been singing and releasing albums for 20 years or so...

• "The Anomaly" is the name of the opening song.

More to come... stay tuned.

• The album seems to be very Illuminati-themed...

Astronomicon, Alpha & Omega, Rise of the Reptilian Regime are among other titles...

MTC

• From the official tracklist??

Anonyma användare kan inte skriva inlägg. Vänligen logga in eller skapa ett konto för att göra inlägg i forumen.