How about an instrumental album?

• plodder sa...
    • Användare
    • 28 aug 2008, 22:25

How about an instrumental album?

Wouldn't that be brilliant?

Would you guys go for that?

Four or five nice, long tight tracks.

• Would be incredible. Any Rush instrumental poses a great potential (considering how Geddy and Alex write melodies for Neil's writing, and without that they're free to roam as they want). It could be a great album.

"... I feel the sense of possibilities..."
    "... I feel the wrench of hard realities..."
    The Camera Eye
  • Yeah i think it might be a good idea. Especially since, if you've heard the Snakes and Arrows Live album, Geddy's voice ain't what it used to be. Of course it's only natural that when you grow old it gets tougher to reach those high notes and i'm not saying Geddy ain't as good as he used to be, they all still play great, maybe better than ever, it's just the singing part that bugged me on the live album. Just a minor problem, though.

But yeah, i'd love an instrumental album by these guys.

Never be bought, never be sold.
  • It could be the best instrumental album ever!
    I bet that it will happen as they get older, not sure if it will be released under the Rush monicker.

• I would miss Geddy's voice to death... and feel as if he thinks that he can't sing anymore... which isn't true to any stretch of imagination.

• I wouldn't mind a two disc kind of thing; the Bonus disc being all instrumental.

Or a special release kind of thing.

• rollingstone37 said:
    I wouldn't mind a two disc kind of thing; the Bonus disc being all instrumental.

Or a special release kind of thing.

I agree with this. Instrumentals are great, but an album of just instrumentals I'm not so sure about...

• arenna sa...
    • Användare
    • 14 maj 2009, 04:26
    I would actually like to here Rush work with an Orchestra. I believe Metallica did something like this awhile back,

• arenna said:
    I would actually like to here Rush work with an Orchestra. I believe Metallica did something like this awhile back,

They did (S&M) and that was rather cool actually. Rush doing something like that would be pretty amazing. :-)

• _Tarkus_ sa...
    • Användare
    • 19 maj 2009, 16:34
    There have been several groups who have performed with orchestras, such as the aforementioned Metallica, ELP, Deep Purple, etc. That would be a cool experiment, just as I thought their cover album, Feedback was very cool.

However, even though Geddy can't sing like he used to, I still feel his voice is way too important to set aside for an instrumental album.

• Sanantta sa...
    • Användare
    • 4 dec 2009, 00:45
    It would be weird not having Geddy's vocals, but I'd definitely buy it.

• YYZ. La Villa Strangiato. Malignant Narcissism. The very best of their songs are their instrumentals if you ask me. I would love an all instrumental album, more of that brilliance can only be a great thing. Sadly though, I don't think it's something they'd ever actually want to do.

• I would buy it, but it would be strange not to hear Geddy's voice at all. I agree with rollingstone37; it would be good as an extra disc.

A spirit with a vision is a dream
    With a mission
Anonyma användare kan inte skriva inlägg. Vänligen logga in eller skapa ett konto för att göra inlägg i forumen.