Bands for 2009...

• Bands for 2009...

I know, it's very early, but I just really want to post my band wishes and see if any of you concur:

- Black Moth Super Rainbow (!!!)
    - Jex Thoth
    - Callipso

And maybe:

- The Winchester Club
    - A Whispher in the Noise
    - Place of Skulls
    - Sahg
    - Negura Bunget

Also I think those should make a reappearance:
    - Om
    - Electric Wizard

• [Raderad användare] sa...
    • Användare
    • 24 apr 2008, 10:11
    Some more suggestions:

Pentagram
    OM
    Middian
    Sourvein
    Electric Wizard
    Cathedral
    Acid King
    Shrinebuilder (if it happens)

And since you opened the door to some alternative genres:
    Larsen (the italian group who worked with David Tibet, Michael Gira and Jarboe)
    Michael Gira
    Steve von Till
    Jarboe

And of course Sleep and Saint Vitus ;)

Redigerat av en raderad användare den 19 aug 2008, 10:42
  • Ah yeah, Saint Vitus ;) Reverend Bizarre and Spirit Caravan Reuniongigs for me :D

• Dear Santa Claus - ahm - Walter, please bring me:

5ive
    Sons of Otis
    Aldebaran
    Asva
    Breach (another reunion show please)
    Coalesce
    Snowblood
    Buried at Sea
    Only Living Witness
    Conifer

• Sons Of Otis
    Farflung
    Pentagram
    Mountain
    Some DUTCH bands -!

• 2009 bands

farflung
    the heads
    high on fire
    ufomammut
    electric wizard
    nebula

floating
    • Användare
    • 9 maj 2008, 13:22
    Cough (damn good sludge)

• Here's a few, by categories. Jurgen/Walter, take heed! :)

Absolutely-must-have-please-please category:
    Neurosis
    Process Of Guilt
    Deadbird
    BLACK SUN
    Baroness

I'd really-really-love-to category:
    Unearthly Trance
    Pyramids
    Asva
    Lair of the Minotaur
    The Angels of Light
    Asunder
    Black Sheep Wall
    Envy
    Planes Mistaken For Stars
    Complete Failure
    Torche
    Javelina
    IXXI
    Crowbar
    Omega Massif

If-Neurosis-go-then-why-not? category:
    Steve Von Till
    A Storm of Light

He-won't-play-live-but-try-anyway:
    Ulver

The-token-dutch-band category:
    Transmission0

I always take the long way home.
  • - Brain Police (Beyond The Wasteland is the best straight up stoner album in quite a while)
    - Black Belt (Am I really the only person who likes this band?)
    - Asva
    - Gravetemple
    - Nachtmystium
    - Gin Palace (I'd like some more of this kind of raw simple stuff to compensate for all the Isises, Enslaveds and Wolves in the Throne Rooms.)
    - Demon's Claws (see Gin Palace)
    - Corrosion of Conformity (It's about time...)
    - Dax Riggs
    - Bigelf
    - Black Engine
    - ZZZ
    - Carcass (of course with a set consisting of only their later, Roadburn-fähig material)
    - Torche
    - King Khan & The Shrines (Bit out of left field, but his last album has a lot of psychedelic influences - Check The Ballad Of Lady Godiva! - and they're a great live act)
    - Made Out Of Babies

• Currently I am very impressed by Japan's Birushanah.

Oh, and local heroes Anaphylactic Shock deserve a chance too, the quality of 2000 Years was a very positive surprise.

• dpdd sa...
    • Användare
    • 25 jul 2008, 10:13

minder metal

ik zou graag minder metal willen zien. 2008 had echt een metalboventoon. 2007 was echt meer dan perfect, maar zo'n lineup zul je ook nooit meer zien.

in elk geval; STRYPER. als jullie dit voor elkaar kunnen krijgen dan kom ik 100%.

En voor de rest: Transitional, Daturah, Omega Massif en Grails (heel jammer van afgelopen jaar. B.SON kon ik ook niet zondere bijgevoelens zien).

• kojocik sa...
    • Användare
    • 26 jul 2008, 14:36
    Shora
    Shora
    Shora
    Shora
    Shora
    maybe Shora? :)

• dpdd sa...
    • Användare
    • 26 jul 2008, 19:48

in fucking deed

shora was de reden dat ik hier weer ging posten. ik was de band even vergeten, shame. maar dit is een absolute must.

en dan mag uit dat land ook worden meegenomen: art of falling, monkey3 (weer!) en the evpatoria report

• Användare
    • 28 jul 2008, 22:24
    Stryper? Are you serious? No power metal ballads please! (or were you kidding? hards to tell since you insist on speking dutch).

I think Roadburn 2008 was the perfect festival for me. I really can't imagine a better lineup. If anything maybe a less intensive schedule with less overlapping. I missed Roadburn 2007 but I thought that lineup was perfection until they published the 2008 lineup.

• dpdd sa...
    • Användare
    • 29 jul 2008, 09:56

yeah i am

i remember going to lowlands for the first time. the festival blows but the darkness totally did it for me. stryper is even more over the top than that. it's not that i like the music but come on; "to hell with the devil" makes great for the not so serious signalongs. i'd bring my own bible though. saves them the trouble of trowing one in my direction of the audience.

and while i'm at it: halfway to gone, novadriver, (i know it's metal, but..) lifelover and what would make a great headliner: motorpsycho!

• Användare
    • 30 jul 2008, 11:37
    I think Stryper refer to themselves as metal as well ;)

• dpdd sa...
    • Användare
    • 31 jul 2008, 22:28
    oh this one is essential: KINSKI!!!

• friday_the_14th said:
    I think Roadburn 2008 was the perfect festival for me. I really can't imagine a better lineup. If anything maybe a less intensive schedule with less overlapping.

I think some pruning would be a nice idea. There are too much bands that either are not ready yet or just lack quality (for some reason a lot of them are German.)

That there was so much metal is a consequence of musical trends; a lot of metal bands currently are experimenting with psychedelic and stoner influences. I rather see Enslaved, Lesbian or Kruger than yet another third rate Kyuss or Black Sabbath rip-off (and I don't even like Enslaved...)

• Can't really imagine which German bands you are referring to. Black Shape of Nexus? Long Distance Calling? Electric Orange? My Sleeping Karma? All very decent bands in my book...

Anyway, looking forward to Roadburn 2009. Fewer overlapping would be great indeed.

• Användare
    • 1 aug 2008, 23:15
    Since there are three stages at 013 I'm pretty glad I wasn't a fan of all the bands.

• Well me neither, but I like to stay open minded and always like to see bands, even if I'm not a fan ;)

• GIRA1971 sa...
    • Användare
    • 6 aug 2008, 09:09
    Well, this afternoon the first glimpse of the line up of 2009 will be revealed! I'll post it here as we have posted it on the website.

Jurgen

• Användare
    • 6 aug 2008, 12:39
    Neurosis curates! :D Hope they'll invite Jarboe!

This can't go wrong :)

Sorry Jurgen, you're too slow ;)

• dpdd sa...
    • Användare
    • 6 aug 2008, 16:41
    this kind of feels like a whole bunch of bands i wished for are ruled out for the saturday. i must not get ahead of myself either, this opens oppertunities as well.

• Användare
    • 6 aug 2008, 19:00
    Yeah.. you never know. Perhaps they'll invite stryper ;)

Anonyma användare kan inte skriva inlägg. Vänligen logga in eller skapa ett konto för att göra inlägg i forumen.