• Ooh, that sucks. I actually got to catch Handsome Furs concert in St.Augustine. It was a good one. Their supporting act, Violens, were really awesome.

I missed The Bravery when they came to Jacksonville a few months back because it was for a ridiculously expensive festival that nobody went to--well, that I know. And then I missed them in Orlando and they didn't bother to come here. It's so expensive for a poor high-schooler to make it down to Orlando for concerts.

Now if only Wolf Parade would get their asses down here. Within a decent distance...

• Well, I'm lucky to have caught Porcupine Tree's Orlando concert in October, but I unfortunately missed The Mars Volta in Orlando earlier this month.

I also missed Iron & Wine in Ft. Lauderdale just a few weekends ago, but that wasn't as big of a loss as the Volta.

• wish i would have known about handsome furs prior to the above messages! also missed tapes n tapes because i didn't want to be tired for mum the next day...

Redigerad av akaanorak den 27 nov 2008, 04:28
  • The biggest mistake I have ever made is not seeing Daft Punk last summer at Coney Island in NYC. All my friends made the trip but I stayed behind. I still can't listen to Alive without wanting to rip my heart out.

*sniff*

• I'm going to Seattle at the end of this month, and it looks like I'll be just missing The Wombats play on the 27th, since I'm flying in the 28th. I looked to see if they would be playing in Florida at all... and of course, no.

I am going to try to see if I can catch Bon Iver, but that might be an evening I may be hanging out with some other folks who came in for the same wedding I'll be attending. I wonder if I can sneak away... if the show isn't sold out, that is.

"Not everything which makes us feel better is good for us. Not everything which hurts may be bad." - Alain de Botton
  • I will be missing The Real Big Deal due to a lack of funds. And it makes me sad...it's Motion City's only Florida date. Sickos. But at least I will catch 2 concerts in Jacksonville within a months time. I refuse to miss Black Kids and The Virgins and will try my best to see T13C.

I just wish I lived in Orlando. I'd have more concerts to choose from...

• if i miss MONOTONIX tomorrow i will flip out! that band is nuts! i can NOT wait to see them.

edited over a year later - i saw them and they were "nuts" .

• Kikilv2 sa...
    • Användare
    • 21 jan 2010, 03:34
    I never go to shows because:
    a) good out-of-state bands touring Florida are rare enough.
    b) good all ages venues in Florida are rare enough.
    c) said bands playing said bands never ever happens.

So being under 18 I'm essentially screwed out of shows. Melt Banana played Crowbar, which is 18+. Most of The Social's shows are 18+. or instance, Bowerbirds is playing New World Brewery, which is 21+, which is weird since they are completely non-offensive. But whatever.

• [Raderad användare] sa...
    • Användare
    • 27 jun 2011, 14:11
    Kikilv2 said:
    I never go to shows because:
    a) good out-of-state bands touring Florida are rare enough.
    b) good all ages venues in Florida are rare enough.
    c) said bands playing said bands never ever happens.

So being under 18 I'm essentially screwed out of shows. Melt Banana played Crowbar, which is 18+. Most of The Social's shows are 18+. or instance, Bowerbirds is playing New World Brewery, which is 21+, which is weird since they are completely non-offensive. But whatever.

I saw Carbon/Silicon at The Social when I was 16 in 2008... I really do think that as long as you get like a wristband or marking on your hand (maybe) they will let you in if you're under 18. Don't quote me on it, but it happened to me.

I missed Gogol Bordello, Interpol (twice!) The Dead Weather and Cansei de Ser Sexy. So frustrating that no one will ever go with me.

Anonyma användare kan inte skriva inlägg. Vänligen logga in eller skapa ett konto för att göra inlägg i forumen.