0.11 preview version

• Beowulf sa...
    • Användare
    • 22 nov 2010, 23:09
    That could be a viable work-around (at least for tracks which have a match). Could you post your patch (either here, or at http://sourceforge.net/projects/qtscrob/ )?

• biengo sa...
    • Användare
    • 23 nov 2010, 10:49

It's coming along nicely!

just built r211 and noticed a nice speedup in startup-time and ui-response, also hurray for libre.fm support. The last thing that nags me is that I'd want to remove marked lines with a del keystroke, at least turn off the stupid "are you sure" dialogue. It's just too much clicking to remove unwanted lines.

Besides that I really never had an issue! Using qtscrob with linux&rockbox btw.

• DruiD_ff sa...
    • Användare
    • 23 nov 2010, 20:03
    Doom.. or be doomed
  • QTS scrobbler doesn't work with my Transcend mp860
    Here the console:

Can you solve this problem?

• dfkt sa...
    • Användare
    • 29 nov 2010, 17:36
    I tested DruiD_ff's patched version for the last week or so (with a Cowon J3), and it works perfectly fine. Out of ~300 submissions only two didn't get a valid track length reported back.

• sorry, pals
    but i'm a windows user, can u upload somewhere a compiled version of qtscrob with this workaroud?
    i'm gonna test it on my Cowon S9!
    P.S. my cowon doesn't scrobble flac files at all =(

• DruiD_ff sa...
    • Användare
    • 30 nov 2010, 10:12
    xAndroidx, you can get build here http://ompldr.org/vNjh4cQ. But because I am not familar with combination of ms compiler and Qt, the build may be buggy.

Doom.. or be doomed
    • Beowulf sa...
    • Användare
    • 1 dec 2010, 03:41
    Good to hear that DruiD_ff's patch is working. I have a (altered) version of it on my machine, but it's not yet ready to commit. To prevent the application being banned it'll need rate limits and possibly caching too. But I plan to add it fairly soon.

• simpanc sa...
    • Användare
    • 2 dec 2010, 18:37
    so much appreciate, because its only reliable nano 5G scrobbler for "sure" ipod scrobbling. thanks again

2w
  • (At least) patched version doesn't see played Vorbis files (.ogg), only mp3 ones. Tested on Cowon J3, all tracks were added in MSC mode.

• i just tested the latest svn version (r229, cowon j3) and it works great (submitting mp3 files)!

• Beowulf sa...
    • Användare
    • 15 dec 2010, 18:24
    I've updated the builds listed in the first post of this thread, so they can now grab missing track length information. Those of you with Cowons/Transcends etc can give it a go!

• dfkt sa...
    • Användare
    • 16 dec 2010, 13:09
    Thank you for the new beta. I've noticed a tiny bug (well, more of a mistake on my side, but thought I mention it). I forgot to enter my Last.fm login and password when I updated to the newest version, I scrobbled a Rockbox log, QTscrob complained about the missing login/pass, didn't submit the log, but deleted it nevertheless. Maybe a little sanity check for EBKACs like mine would be a good addition?

• Beowulf sa...
    • Användare
    • 16 dec 2010, 23:16
    Thanks for giving it a go. That wasn't a mistake on your behalf - it was meant to transparently update the config info without you having to re-enter it, and it definitely should not have removed the data without a submission. Were you using a MTP device?

• dfkt sa...
    • Användare
    • 19 dec 2010, 19:38
    I was upgrading from DruiD_ff's version to your new beta, not from an official version - maybe that was the issue of the missing login/pass? By updating I mean simply replacing the .exe. Now that you mention MTP, I'm not sure anymore if I really scrobbled a Rockbox Sansa log or an MTP Cowon.

• inetd sa...
    • Användare
    • 21 dec 2010, 00:19

I don't see submission progress

In 0.11 when I click submit I see only "Cancel" button at Submission Progress window and nothing other. I have more than 4000 songs to submit. How many time I should to wait before submit completed?

• Windows7 x64, Cowon D2, files copied in MTP mode. 0.10 gives me 0 track length (as always). 0.11 fetches from last.fm but the songs have wrong track number and are not in order. It's like I've been with shuffle on.

cinnamon fields forever
    • KinKeid sa...
    • Användare
    • 1 jan 2011, 23:10
    Спасибо всё работает))

• Beowulf sa...
    • Användare
    • 3 jan 2011, 17:00
    inetd: You have sites setup and enabled? Each site should appear in that progress dialog, showing you how they are getting along.

KinKeid: (after google translate) you're welcome :)

dexter_walrus: Odd, only the lengths are updated, the tracknums should be left as-is. The order tracks are taken from MTP devices is a bit random at the best of times :) Could you pastebin a trace level console log?

• [Raderad användare] sa...
    • Användare
    • 3 jan 2011, 19:40
    may I ask how are things going with 5gen iPod nano? 'cause my old 3gen works like a charm, and with 5gen I get "ERROR : Parsing failed - not an iTunesDB file".
    (I'm testing 0.11-r239 Gui version @win7pro)

• Could you pastebin a trace level console log?

How?

cinnamon fields forever
  • Actually I think I didn't explain it right. The track numbers are the correct ones but they aren't ordered. I get the right numbers for the right tracks but in a random order. Like I've been shuffling and I haven't.

cinnamon fields forever
    • Beowulf sa...
    • Användare
    • 14 jan 2011, 03:00
    The ordering is going to be shuffled:
    Not all MTP devices give the last time a track was played. If a track was played multiple times then there is no information at all about when those earlier plays might have occurred, only the number of times. So QTScrob has to fill in the blanks, by taking the earliest timestamp found, and counting backwards using the track lengths to generate plausible playtimes. Without the information to go on the tracks are going to end up in whatever order the devices returns them as. But this shouldn't have any effects as far as last.fm are concerned.

• That makes sense but with 0.10 even with 0 length they were ordered the way I listened to them

Edit: No. I'm wrong. They are not in order. If I drag and drop them in MSC mode and switch to MTP after that they are in order. But if I transfer the song in MTP mode they are shuffled

cinnamon fields forever
  • If I transfer my songs in MSC mode using Able Apple's Melomania 0.10 displays them in the order I listened them. 0.11 doesn't. I thought you might find this interesting.

cinnamon fields forever
Anonyma användare kan inte skriva inlägg. Vänligen logga in eller skapa ett konto för att göra inlägg i forumen.