What is your favorite editor?

• c4t2007 sa...
    • Användare
    • 17 nov 2011, 11:10

What is your favorite editor?

Mine is Notepad++.

Compared to Programmer's Notepad 2, Notepad++ has prettier highlighting, comparing, and most importantly: dynamic input support.

If only it had SciTE's generic completion and stable Eric 5 had unstable PyScripter's signature tips...

Edit: Moved link for clarity.

“Brazil’s cattle industry [...] is responsible for about 80 percent of all deforestation in the Amazon. In fact, the Brazilian cattle industry is the largest single source of deforestation anywhere in the world. And deforestation in turn causes one-fifth of all the greenhouse gas emissions in the world, more than all the world’s cars, trucks, trains, planes, and ships combined.” - Lindsey Allen
    Child labour: the tobacco industry's smoking gun
    Up to 90 percent of logging has ties to organized crime in some tropical countries.
    Redigerad av c4t2007 den 4 aug 2013, 14:53
    • [Raderad användare] sa...
    • Användare
    • 20 nov 2011, 18:04
    I tried Geany out of curiosity and ended up using it for everything code-related. It's great for C; not so much for C++, but I don't program in it as often.

• I like Notepad++ too when I'm on Windows.
    I like Code::Blocks as a simple editor and as an IDE.
    When I'm on my Mac, TextWranggler does it's job just fine.

• Vim. I frequently SSH into other machines, so it was worth it to learn this incredibly counter-intuitive editor. The perks are that editing feels fast and rewarding, probably due to the sense of elitism I get by knowing how to use this awkward but powerful editor.

Seconding TextWrangler for OS X; it's pretty cool too.

• Akabelle sa...
    • Användare
    • 10 dec 2011, 22:02
    Notepad++ rullz \m/

• Emacs. I guess I enjoy the sense of elitism as well, altough… I've first been drawn to it because I was fed up of reaching for the arrows and mouse for surfing the code base and because I was kind of into LISP.

Unfortunately, I've found out the hard way emacs on a plain keyboard is potentially damageable for your wrist and pinkies. Now that I have the best keyboard in the word (which makes the arrow keys are easy to reach) and that I'm not into LISP anymore, Emacs just gets on my nerves… but I'm so used to it by now.

Anyone has suggestions about a good code editor for OSX with tight FTP integration?

• Användare
    • 17 dec 2011, 19:28
    I always used HTML-Kit on Windows, but it sucks
    Now I always use Geany (partly because I abandoned Windows and now use Ubuntu, which has no HTML-Kit) and it's awesome. I use it for everything, from html to less to ruby.

• VS10 rules. Notepad++ when working on non-.NET projects, which is rare.

• Weeks sa...
    • Användare
    • 29 dec 2011, 18:30
    It used to be Vim.

But now all of Eclipse's code refactoring and automatic class/method/field declarations make Eclipse my favourite 'editor'.

Although, I guess Eclipse is more of an IDE. If we were just going on text manipulation, and not code completion, I guess I'd still say Vim.

• slosd sa...
    • Användare
    • 7 jan 2012, 21:46
    Favourite editor would be Sublime Text 2 (http://www.sublimetext.com/blog/articles/sublime-text-2-beta) - Available for Linux, Windows and Mac OS, lightweight but still awesome features for "powerusers". Perfect for editing single files or working on smaller projects.

My favourite IDE at the moment is VS10, it just feels a little faster and more powerful than Eclipse. I also enjoyed working with QtCreator.

• Gedit

The editor of Gnome.
    I'm working on Ubuntu 10.10 SO and the Gedit is simple and perfect to me.

• As a LAMP dev, VIM+TMUX or Sublime Text 2 is what I use more often than anything else. But I like Zend Studio for Webdev on Windows, Coda for Webdev and XCode for C++/Obj-C on OS X, VS2010 for .NET (of course), Aptana Studio 3 isn't a bad Eclipse based Webdev IDE either (multi-platform of course). Qt is nice for a multi-platform C++ GUI. For Java I like NetBeans over Eclipse.

• PatSee sa...
    • Användare
    • 10 feb 2012, 17:00
    Emacs, but i had to get my laptop-keyboard replaced twice because of a broken ctrl-key…

• Scotbuff sa...
    • Användare
    • 20 mar 2012, 12:16
    Vim. Although I have toyed with Text Wrangler and Sublime Text. I do a lot of systems administration on UNIX and Linux and I can always find Vi.

• makalega sa...
    • Användare
    • 10 apr 2012, 14:33
    Vim

• Eclipse for longer hours on coding, but for fast-fixing-editing im good with Kate.

• Användare
    • 7 maj 2012, 19:43
    TextMate.

• Skiye sa...
    • Forum Moderator
    • 6 jun 2012, 13:52
    gedit - linux
    notepad++ and/or gedit - windows

• Arroy sa...
    • Användare
    • 27 jun 2012, 11:59
    Most of the time I'm using eclipse, but got and notepad++, gedit and sublime

• Sublime Text 2 for Mac! Loving it..

• As a C Software Developer, my gear is:

Source Insight

Notepad++

Source Insight it's not free, but it worth the payment. If you deal with big projects, and you always need to be reading X and X thing and you need that X thing instantly which is 3000 Km far away your file position then this is for you.

Live from someplace with the MDR-V6.
    • numlawd sa...
    • Användare
    • 21 aug 2012, 17:32
    I still use MS Visual Studio for large edits, and notepad for quick unaudited edits. My Build folder is organized by source project, underneath which are the most recent N* backup versions (as well as the Debug and Release folders, and the Res folder). I tend to use Windiff somewhat heavily, in order to dynamically provide a complete change history (*where N tends to become a large integer if the project is important enough). GUIDS and version numbers are auto-managed by custom tools to avoid the stress of forgetting to change them...

• c4t2007 sa...
    • Användare
    • 26 aug 2012, 01:21
    numlawd said:
    I still use MS Visual Studio for large edits, and notepad for quick unaudited edits. My Build folder is organized by source project, underneath which are the most recent N* backup versions (as well as the Debug and Release folders, and the Res folder). I tend to use Windiff somewhat heavily, in order to dynamically provide a complete change history (*where N tends to become a large integer if the project is important enough). GUIDS and version numbers are auto-managed by custom tools to avoid the stress of forgetting to change them...
    Have you considered using TortoiseSVN or Git?

I'm still using Notepad++ (with NppExec plugin) for source, TortoiseSVN for version control, and Eclipse for Ant-building Java stuff (disabling the dangerous plugins it comes with, of course).

“Brazil’s cattle industry [...] is responsible for about 80 percent of all deforestation in the Amazon. In fact, the Brazilian cattle industry is the largest single source of deforestation anywhere in the world. And deforestation in turn causes one-fifth of all the greenhouse gas emissions in the world, more than all the world’s cars, trucks, trains, planes, and ships combined.” - Lindsey Allen
    Child labour: the tobacco industry's smoking gun
    Up to 90 percent of logging has ties to organized crime in some tropical countries.
  • Nano in Arch
    gedit in Ubuntu
    Notepad++ in Win 7

The Escapist
  • VS2010 at work, VS2012 at home for main coding and SublimeText2 for the occasional Python and other random text/script edits.

Anonyma användare kan inte skriva inlägg. Vänligen logga in eller skapa ett konto för att göra inlägg i forumen.