Your favourite album?

• klatys sa...
    • Användare
    • 1 mar 2007, 08:59

Your favourite album?

Hi prince-lovers. I've got holidays so I'm listening to prince, watching purple rain, getting little bored after almost week doing nothing but sitting at home (because weve got rainy weather in here) and wondering "What is YOUR favourite prince album?"

• As far as Prince goes? So difficult. Every album has an almost diff meaning to me.......

• Because of Willing & Able,

Push, Strollin', and Walk Don't Walk, Diamonds & Pearls is my favorite Prince album.

• [Raderad användare] sa...
    • Användare
    • 9 apr 2007, 23:39
    Each album is not only so different, but for most of us, each album has different meaning coinciding with events in our lives. For me Purple Rain was such a great time. Everything was purple, everything was lace, everything was so fucking cool. But to go back and listen to transitional albums like Controversy or Sign O the Times is just as fun because of the eclectic nature of the album(s). Same goes when you want some out and out funk like 1999, Lovesexy, or rock n roll like The Gold Experience or Chaos and Disorder, or funky pop like Come.

So favorite? Eh, depends. I think Parade is up there for the Clare Fisher's strings, the live feel of the first four songs (they were recorded in sequence, in a one-take stretch), and it was my own emancipation from high school (read: graduation). I also think The Gold Experience is up there for me. Anything after Emancipation is like ...eh. Take or leave it.

I JUST bought Musicology a couple of months ago, I still don't own N.E.W.S. or One Nite Alone Live.

Anyway, those are two off the top of my head.

• Voxefx sa...
    • Användare
    • 13 apr 2007, 15:54

Favorite?

I asked my Brother (another huge Prince fan) what album he would want if he was shipwrecked on an island, just another way of asking his favorite kinda. Anyway He and I both agreed that "Prince" would be both our choice.
    Prince
    I think the main reason is that this is the album that introduced us to Prince. Ironic that this particular LP is probably Prince's least favorite due to the fact of the Label execs putting pressure on him for a commercial success:

Prince is the second album by Prince, released on October 19, 1979. It was a quickly written album in reaction to his debut For You. The album needed to have hits and sell well to make up for the blown budget on his first release. Worries were stifled with the success of the lead single "I Wanna Be Your Lover", which reached #1 on the R&B charts and nearly broke the top 10 on the pop charts.

• LittleZe sa...
    • Användare
    • 14 maj 2007, 18:13

favourite album

Easy, Sign O the Times

• '3121' , it's fab.

• Such a hard question.....

I would have to say off the top of my head Around the World in A Day was pretty awesome. Oh! But what about Sign-O-the-times? "For You?" Oh heck... I can't answer this one!

Just an Audiophile.
    • majushka sa...
    • Användare
    • 3 aug 2007, 22:11

it´s easy for me to say...

it´s 3121, I love all the songs inside this such a perfect album.

♪♫♪Life without music, is like love without passion.♪♫♪

♥The best music ever is unrivalled Prince!♥
    • novakev sa...
    • Användare
    • 6 aug 2007, 10:12
    The Gold Experience for me. Gotta love the good times of the 90's.

• guvadela sa...
    • Användare
    • 31 aug 2007, 12:03

best album

sign'o'the times & around the world in a day

• The Gold Experience & Chaos and Disorder

Both are them!

• Användare
    • 2 sep 2007, 01:00
    Come

• Sign O' The Times

• ledona sa...
    • Användare
    • 24 okt 2007, 18:00
    for today the answer is Sign O' The Times,... I'm sure I'll have a different answer tomorrow...

"The meek shall inherit the earth, but don't forget
    the poor are the ones that inherit the debt"
    - De La Soul, The Grind Date
  • Sign O' the Times

Ahh, this has always been a tough question. For me, it's between "Purple Rain," "Dirty Mind," "1999," and "Sign O' the Times." They are all superb, each having its own unique, brilliant sound. But just because of the variety and depth of the tracks, I would say "Sign O' the Times" is my favorite. Yeah, it's a masterpiece.

• Användare
    • 6 jan 2008, 04:34
  • Purple Rain

Purple Rain is the best experience from beginning to end.

• llehcin sa...
    • Användare
    • 5 feb 2008, 10:38
    Sign Of The Times, hands down.

Nissi
    • TBDD sa...
    • Användare
    • 5 feb 2008, 22:20
    Sign O' the Times

• antipop2 sa...
    • Användare
    • 7 mar 2008, 14:51
    One nite alone

• Planet Earth (for the memory of a copy each time we went to see him live in London and Guitar, The One U Wanna C)) closely followed by Sign 'O' The Times (It, Sign 'o', U got the look, strange relationship etc), or Diamonds and Pearls, or Batman, or Parade (for Anotherloverholenyohead), or , or 1999 (for Little Red Corvette, 1999 etc), or Purple Rain (Let's go crazy or I Would Die 4 U and Baby I'm A Star).

I wouldn't put New Power Soul on the list as it has the most tracks I skip over when they come up on my iPod.

The fact I can list such a long selection of possible choices is amazing.

• My favorite is Rainbow Children!!!!

• Yo check out this artist I found on myspace. He kinda sounds like Prince. Especially on the songs "The Test Drive", "Model Girl", "God Don't like Ugly" and "If Eye I Get 2 Heaven". There is only one Purple One but you can mos def tell he is influenced by him. I hear a little Jimi and Curtis in him also. I read on the web that he has the same lawyer (Londell McMillan) as Prince and that Prince may have played some guitar on some of the songs. They may even be some tracks from prince's vault. It turns out Prince was a huge fan of "Speechless" which this guy Fanatic produced for Beyonce and she introduced them to each other. My friend said he saw him perform in NY and he was different and pretty good. Here are links to his page
    www.myspace.com/experiencefanatic
    www.youtube.com/alphabigmama

Anonyma användare kan inte skriva inlägg. Vänligen logga in eller skapa ett konto för att göra inlägg i forumen.