What are your favorite and least favorite power metal bands?

• [Raderad användare] sa...
    • Användare
    • 9 jan 2012, 16:25

What are your favorite and least favorite power metal bands?

Some of my favorites are

Stratovarius
    Rhapsody Of Fire
    Vision Divine
    Galneryus
    Elvenking
    Dark Moor
    Sonata Arctica
    Hammerfall
    Dragonland
    Fairyland
    Labyrinth
    Manowar
    Wizard
    Cain's Offering
    DragonForce
    Wuthering Heights
    Falconer
    Celesty
    Freedom Call
    Power Quest

Not too many least favorites for me.

Redigerat av en raderad användare den 17 feb 2012, 22:34
    • Användare
    • 13 jan 2012, 01:51
    Edguy
    Avantasia
    Blind Guardian
    Theocracy
    Iron Savior
    Unisonic(with Michi Kiske & Kai Hansen imo the better Helloween,check the new video at YouTube)
    DragonForce
    Sabaton
    and many many more

• Användare
    • 13 jan 2012, 17:47
    Thank you for the reply. I very much appreciate it.

• Favourite: Freedom Call

Love many others but Freedom Call have always been top for me... even if Hero on Video is one of the most embarrassing songs I've ever heard.

Least favourite: hard to say as there's a lot of sub-par bands out there... of the bands that everybody loves I'd have to say Kamelot though. I like them but they're my least favourite of the big names.

• Användare
    • 17 feb 2012, 22:33
    The_Mercian said:
    Favourite: Freedom Call

Love many others but Freedom Call have always been top for me... even if Hero on Video is one of the most embarrassing songs I've ever heard.

Least favourite: hard to say as there's a lot of sub-par bands out there... of the bands that everybody loves I'd have to say Kamelot though. I like them but they're my least favourite of the big names.

Yeah Freedom Call is really good. I like Kamelot, it seems alot of people don't like them all that much though. Thanks for your response.

• Användare
    • 18 feb 2012, 19:16
    Favourites are Stratovarius, Blind Guardian and Theocracy. I like alot of bands and couldn't really decide on one big favourite, since listening preferences are always mood-dependant, but I name those 3 because they are probably the only bands where I can't find one single bad song.

Least favourite: hmm... hard to say, but I gonna settle on Skylark, their music just sounds boring and unimpressive.

• Användare
    • 23 feb 2012, 17:10
    RariSCy said:
    Favourites are Stratovarius, Blind Guardian and Theocracy. I like alot of bands and couldn't really decide on one big favourite, since listening preferences are always mood-dependant, but I name those 3 because they are probably the only bands where I can't find one single bad song.

Least favourite: hmm... hard to say, but I gonna settle on Skylark, their music just sounds boring and unimpressive.

Thanks for the reply. Stratovarius is indeed amazing.

• helrohir sa...
    • Användare
    • 23 feb 2012, 20:11
    Iced Earth is my the most favourite power metal band.
    Also I like bands such as Blind Guardian, Stratovarius, Helloween, Kamelot, Rhapsody Of Fire, Angra, Symphony X, Manowar, Virgin Steele

Least favourite: ...I don´t know...

• Användare
    • 24 feb 2012, 16:00
    helrohir said:
    Also I like bands such as Blind Guardian, Stratovarius, Helloween, Kamelot, Rhapsody Of Fire, Angra, Symphony X, Manowar, Virgin Steele

Nice. It's hard to find bands not to like in power metal.

• MickeySteroid said:
    helrohir said:

Eternal Night, absolute shit

"It's mind over matter, if I don't mind, it don't matter" - Rev Ernest Poe.
    • Användare
    • 26 feb 2012, 19:19
    Nergal131 said:
    MickeySteroid said:
    helrohir said:

Eternal Night, absolute shit

Heheheh. I have yet to listen to them.

• My all time favorite band is Pharaoh but as far as the others go, pffff Manilla Road, Virgin Steele, Omen, Jag Panzer, Satan's Host, Helstar, Vicious Rumors, Oracle, Phantom, ... there are just so many awesome bands but I guess USPM as a whole gets my vote :p

• dsk1984 sa...
    • Användare
    • 27 feb 2012, 16:08
    Favorites: Theocracy, Angra (New), Wuthering Heights, Timeless Miracle, Kamelot, Sonata Arctica

Least: Rhapsody of Fire, Angra (Old), Edguy, Avantasia, Iron Savior

I just can't get into the original singer for Angra, so that's why they are on both lists =p. I do wanna say the stuff in my "Least" list isn't stuff I actually hate, but just stuff that bores me after a couple listens.

• Användare
    • 27 feb 2012, 18:00
    Nergal131 said:
    My all time favorite band is Pharaoh but as far as the others go, pffff Manilla Road, Virgin Steele, Omen, Jag Panzer, Satan's Host, Helstar, Vicious Rumors, Oracle, Phantom, ... there are just so many awesome bands but I guess USPM as a whole gets my vote :p

I'll have to look into these bands.

• Användare
    • 27 feb 2012, 18:01
    dsk1984 said:
    Favorites: Theocracy, Angra (New), Wuthering Heights, Timeless Miracle, Kamelot, Sonata Arctica

Least: Rhapsody of Fire, Angra (Old), Edguy, Avantasia, Iron Savior

I just can't get into the original singer for Angra, so that's why they are on both lists =p. I do wanna say the stuff in my "Least" list isn't stuff I actually hate, but just stuff that bores me after a couple listens.

I understand. Thank you for the reply.

• Kamelot and Firewind spring to mind.

Tbh there is no power metal band I actively dislike.

• Användare
    • 28 feb 2012, 17:06
    DeadDogma said:
    Kamelot and Firewind spring to mind.

Nice.

• DeadDogma said:

I doubt you have heard many of them if that's the case because there are quite a few mediocre to downright bad power metal bands out there.

• Användare
    • 29 feb 2012, 17:19
    Nergal131 said:
    DeadDogma said:

I doubt you have heard many of them if that's the case because there are quite a few mediocre to downright bad power metal bands out there.

Most power metal fans seem to dislike at least one power metal band but I share the opinion of not actively disliking any.

• Greg72 sa...
    • Användare
    • 1 mar 2012, 14:17
    Favorite: Iced Earth

Least Favorite: DragonForce

• Användare
    • 1 mar 2012, 14:36
    Greg72 said:
    Favorite: Iced Earth

Least Favorite: DragonForce

Sounds like you're more of a fan of the thrashier power metal rather then the melodic maybe? Just a guess from this.

• Greg72 sa...
    • Användare
    • 2 mar 2012, 13:45
    MickeySteroid
    Sounds like you're more of a fan of the thrashier power metal rather then the melodic maybe? Just a guess from this.

You're right, I am a big fan of the thrashier stuff, however I like a lot of the melodic stuff as well. For example, I love Kamelot as well as many of the European style power metal bands too.

• Användare
    • 2 mar 2012, 18:32
    Greg72 said:
    MickeySteroid

You're right, I am a big fan of the thrashier stuff, however I like a lot of the melodic stuff as well. For example, I love Kamelot as well as many of the European style power metal bands too.

Awesome. A very open minded power metal fan you must be.

• Aslagar sa...
    • Användare
    • 13 mar 2012, 16:19
    Favorite :

Sabaton
    Kamelot
    Nightwish
    MANTICORA (my newest discovery =D)

I don't think much about bands i don't like. Everytime i got an album i liked it ...
    Anyhow i don't like Dragonforce much

“Bran thought about it. 'Can a man still be brave if he's afraid?'
    'That is the only time a man can be brave,' his father told him.”
    ― George R.R. Martin, A Game of Thrones
  • Favorite : Blind guardian, symphony X, rhapsody of fire

least favorite : kamelot

Anonyma användare kan inte skriva inlägg. Vänligen logga in eller skapa ett konto för att göra inlägg i forumen.