Thanks Tecfan!

He is referring to this blog post:
    http://blog.last.fm/2010/06/29/new-music-discovery-on-lastfm

Which is announcing this new playground app:
    http://playground.last.fm/demo/directrecs

• Tecfan sa...
    • Event Moderator
    • 29 jun 2010, 14:08
    The CSS of the table makes my spotify link pictures (inserted by greasemonkey) very weird.. but that's none of your problem probably. (but maybe the css could be more specific to what images it applies to?) ^^

Other than this I liked it really much. The only thing would be: there is quite a lot of recommendation tools on the playground now.. combining them all and releasing them to the site would be better :>

If you're into /, you might enjoy my (free) tracks: Tecfan
    • Tecfan sa...
    • Event Moderator
    • 29 jun 2010, 14:18
    and wow, I already found something that's easily the best discovery of the month :)

Youth Pictures of Florence Henderson.. so beautiful

• A "play all" feature would be nice

• DataWhat sa...
    • Användare
    • 29 jun 2010, 17:01
    How is this different than the Recommendations I'm getting on the main page? http://www.last.fm/home/recs

What is this adding? Individual tracks I might like? Or individual tracks from an artist I might like? Or is it all indie artists?

• @DataWhat: those recommendations are specific to indie artists.

If you were taught that elves caused rain, every time it rained, you'd see the proof of elves.
  • nova77LF disse:
    @DataWhat: those recommendations are specific to indie artists.

How you guys define (in this app) indie artists.
    Number of listeners?? Not on the big 4 (or one of it sublabels)???

Also thanks for the app.

If this only shows indie artists, I curious to see what artists MTV lovers guys will get.

• Playlist

Good recommendations, and I'm glad you're promoting the full length tracks from indie artists.

The same recommendations should be made available in a playlist so that you don't have to wade through them. A play-all button on the page and a playlist in the radio would be great.

• @exdeathbr
    These are recommendations for full-length track. So an indie artist here is one that can make full length tracks available on last.fm.

From an earlier blog:
    unsigned artists who hold global rights to their music will soon be able to again offer tracks in full to their fans via their track pages.
    So that's all there is to indie, I guess.

• skyanth sa...
    • Användare
    • 30 jun 2010, 07:25
    Nice feature, but somehow I'm getting two pages full of artists that make dark ambient. I do like other music (and I'm sure my profile reflects this) so I don't really get that. I'd love some other recs, though I did love the stuff it came up with.

• This rec system should get 2 full track to each artist, in that way the user would try the songs and at the same time, the artists.

Something like this:

1- Do the song recommendations calculations last.fm team do to get the recommendation score.

2- Look at the list of songs that you got using that calculation.

3- Remove from this list the songs that are not full tracks, and songs from artists that have only 1 full track on the list and songs from artists the listener already listen.

4- To each remaning artist with full tracks on the list. Get the score, of his 2 full tracks with the best score and them get the average of those scores.

5- Artist with the best average would get a higher position on the rec app.

With something like that, the user would get songs recommendations and also this will be like if he was getting artists recommendations because he will get recommendation based on two songs, he will try two songs. The only problem is that indie artists with only one full track on last.fm will not join the game.

Redigerad av exdeathbr den 22 sep 2010, 15:52
    • hikibi sa...
    • Användare
    • 30 jun 2010, 14:20
    A play all button would indeed be nice.
    Or a playlist that doesn't imply leaving the recommendations page to each individual artist's to listen to the tracks one by one. This behaviour gets boring really fast...

• hikibi said:
    Or a playlist that doesn't imply leaving the recommendations page to each individual artist's to listen to the tracks one by one.

Agreed! We are already working on it...

• Skiye sa...
    • Event Moderator
    • 9 jul 2010, 03:26
    ^^awesome.

funkycoder said:
    A "play all" feature would be nice

^^agreed, or if this could be a station or an option when listening to recommended radio (turn on/off free/direct plays)? available through api?

this is fantastic. hope this is a permanent addition.

im sure i'll be back to this thread often =)

• funkycoder said:
    A "play all" feature would be nice

+1.

The recommendation algorithm already seems to work very well, btw. I like what I'm hearing.

gamboviol said:
    hikibi said:
    Or a playlist that doesn't imply leaving the recommendations page to each individual artist's to listen to the tracks one by one.

Agreed! We are already working on it...

Excellent. Thanks!

• Skiye sa...
    • Event Moderator
    • 2 aug 2010, 13:10
    Not available

Whoops, this page is not available right now. Please try again later

edit: nvm - cleared cookies/cache/hist and refreshed - all is well now.

while im here...any word on a "play all"? or can the staff provide a url for this? like the url that plays my regular recommendations for example:
    "lastfm://rql/cmVjOlNraXll"
    :D

• Skiye said:
    any word on a "play all"?

We have an internal demo that does this, still working on something even nicer to release :)

• Tecfan sa...
    • Event Moderator
    • 26 aug 2010, 12:25
    gamboviol said:
    Skiye said:
    any word on a "play all"?

We have an internal demo that does this, still working on something even nicer to release :)

sweet :)

• Skiye sa...
    • Event Moderator
    • 10 sep 2010, 16:07
    its down :(

nvm...f5 cure....

• Very nice work

Hi
    Thanks for the full track lenght. It's a very special place into the lastfm. I agree with "play all" button, or presentation like radio in this place. However, it still very nice like it is actually.
    Thanks again.

Daniel

• New version is here!

The new version is finally here. Our new Recsplorer includes in-page and continuous play, and other goodies too. Enjoy!

• Tecfan sa...
    • Event Moderator
    • 26 nov 2010, 17:09
    and it works well :)

• snyde1 sa...
    • Abonnent
    • 26 nov 2010, 18:59
    Tecfan said:
    and it works well :)
    When it's available B-) It's down at the moment.

Improve your view of Last.fm - add some User Scripts.
    Did I hear that right? Mondegreens - for the misheard word. Like Odds? Can't get better than Even Odds!

Speak your truth quietly and clearly; and listen to others, even to the dull and the ignorant; they too have their story.
  • Anyone know if the recsplorer is knackered - or is it just me?

The front images load, I can click on em but then nothing happens except for watching the loading swirl rotating away... no biggie but people here might know someone who can turn something off and on to fix...

Cheers all!

Anonyma användare kan inte skriva inlägg. Vänligen logga in eller skapa ett konto för att göra inlägg i forumen.