Restore Artist Tracks

• snyde1 sa...
    • Abonnent
    • 29 maj 2010, 14:54

Restore Artist Tracks

The Restore Artist Tracks will be handy in addressing a number of the complaints/requests on the web support forum, where people have "accidentally" (absent mindedly?) deleted an artist. I see that it also seems to be able to undelete cases where only scrobbles of an artist have been deleted, and not all tracks.

Thanks for putting this up!

Improve your view of Last.fm - add some User Scripts.
    Did I hear that right? Mondegreens - for the misheard word. Like Odds? Can't get better than Even Odds!

Speak your truth quietly and clearly; and listen to others, even to the dull and the ignorant; they too have their story.
    • [Raderad användare] sa...
    • Användare
    • 31 maj 2010, 02:03
    This is a nice function. I hope they can come up with one that undeletes all tracks (tracks/plays that were deleted at once).

Good job!

• vladale sa...
    • Användare
    • 31 maj 2010, 05:51
    Great job! I finally managed to get my scrobbles back.

• This idea is not bad. Important to this function didnt do new problems. - I mean inaccuracy.

See a Penny, pick it up and all day long you'll have good luck!
    • [Raderad användare] sa...
    • Användare
    • 4 jun 2010, 16:10
    I had no idea they could accomplish this. It would be cool to undo the "restore option."

Last.fm has been on their stuff.

• mkuzmin sa...
    • Användare
    • 7 jun 2010, 00:09
    I wish to have a bit different kind of restore tool.
    All my scrobbles were deleted by intent, and I do not need to bing them back into profile. But would be really cool to put all these artists back to recommendation feed. It also includes artists I didn't scrobble but removed from recommendations manually.
    No need for granular selection, one "just do it" button fould be fine.

• evilrix sa...
    • Alumni
    • 15 jun 2010, 21:27
    Hi Gang.

Thanks for the feedback.

Glad you like the tool. Just to clarify, there are currently no plans to extend it beyond its current behaviour. Sorry for that but I hope the current version proves useful.

Thanks.

• mx1000 sa...
    • Användare
    • 7 jul 2010, 16:02
    i just restored 40k :D

• Gabi_I sa...
    • Användare
    • 23 jul 2010, 21:24
    Just restored over 5000 scrobbles! Thanks so much

• Where did it go?

That's a 4/4 string ostinato in D-minor! Every sailor knows it means death!

"Did you know there ain't no devil, it's just god when he's drunk." Tom Waits
  • omg. can't believe that i've found this. thank you very much <3

• DellBoi sa...
    • Användare
    • 4 aug 2010, 02:30
    Yeah thanks for this, I restored around 500 plays I have no idea why they were deleted in the first place lol.

• This is brilliant! Thank you!

• i like this one

• Very useful tool, thanks!

• hey, this tool doesn't work anymore. -.- is there any possibility of restoring it? I need it so much. :(

• evilrix sa...
    • Alumni
    • 4 jan 2011, 21:35
    PetrifiedHope,

As far as I can tell the tool is working just fine. Why do you think it is not working? Please describe what is happening.

Thanks.

• I use the 'Restore Artist Tracks' link from the first message and then there is an information: 'Not available Whoops, this page is not available right now. Please try again later.' I have no idea what's the reason of it. Maybe I'm going the wrong way.

• evilrix sa...
    • Alumni
    • 5 jan 2011, 00:46
    Ok I will look into it for you. I will not be able to do this until next week at the earliest. I'll post back here once I have figured out why it is not working for you.

Thanks.

• oh, it will be nice :) thanks!

• evilrix sa...
    • Alumni
    • 7 jan 2011, 11:06
    PetrifiedHope,

Can you note the exact steps you take to cause this failure (and specifically, which artist you are trying to restore when it fails) because I've just tried it out as you (don't worry, I don't know your password we just have the ability to fake user ids when testing) and I can't seem to see any issue.

Thanks.

• the point is there are almost no steps. I can't do anything but enter the link and see the information that I've already mentioned in my previous post. it occurs whenever I enter it. and I've just tried the link on the playground's site but with the same reaction.

• evilrix sa...
    • Alumni
    • 10 jan 2011, 07:14
    I'm slightly at a loss then because I have no issues what so every running this tool using your credentials. You are logged into the site when you run it, right? Have you tried accessing it from a different location or on a different machine or even with a different browser? None of these should make any difference but any additional information you can provide will assist me in trying to resolve this for you.

Failing that, if you have any specific artist you want restored I can do it for you or, if you are not sure, I can restore everything.

• yes, I'm logged but I didn't try to do it anywhere else. thanks for your help.

I'm trying to restore some linkin park's and fort minor's tracks I think. :)

• evilrix sa...
    • Alumni
    • 10 jan 2011, 15:20
    All done, both artists have been restored. It was something like 122 tracks for Linkin Park and 44 for Fort Minor.

Anonyma användare kan inte skriva inlägg. Vänligen logga in eller skapa ett konto för att göra inlägg i forumen.