Why has the Multi-Tag search been shut down?

• please man , bring it back.
    It helps to discover music, sorry but i think the radio is crap:)

• esc4p1st sa...
    • Event Moderator
    • 1 mar 2010, 01:28
    klbostee said:
    The Multi Tag Search was indeed retired. Since we have Multi Tag Radio now, it just didn't seem that worthwhile anymore to keep maintaining it.
    Huh? It is an awesome feature that should have been integrated into the regular search. I don't see what the radio's features has to do with this.

klbostee said:
    However, if enough people think it'd still be useful to have, I'm sure we could try to get it back in some form or another...
    I doubt very many people know of the playground at all, so that might be tough.. But while the soulmate and recommendation hacks are pretty cool, this was by far the most useful playground app. Bring it back!

• Yes, bring it back. What does multi-tag radio have to do with it?

• [Raderad användare] sa...
    • Användare
    • 4 mar 2010, 22:23
    Please bring back multi-tag search.

• I too want multi-tag search.

• jarvolt sa...
    • Användare
    • 13 mar 2010, 01:01
    I also want it back. I have no need for multi-tag radio, but this kind of functionality should be standard for searching. It would make it immensely easier to find what I'm looking for.

• Please bring back multi-tag search !

• I've created a group for all those who want the multi-tag search back. Please join: We want the Multi-Tag Search back

• I want it back as well. It was easily my favourite function of last.fm as a whole.

• why?..
    please bring it back!

• So, like... how many people need to whine before we get it back? Most people who were aware of it, used it. Everyone who used it, liked it. But not everyone who used it is aware that there is an informal poll going on here. I don't want to spam shoutboxes with requests for people to come here and post their opinion, but if sheer numbers is what is required, I'll do it.

• hotsw4p sa...
    • Användare
    • 27 mar 2010, 03:06
    isn't "steerable recommendations" a multi-tag search? i see it on the playground page and that's what it looks like it is to me

• hotsw4p said:
    isn't "steerable recommendations" a multi-tag search? i see it on the playground page and that's what it looks like it is to me

Sterec is great, but it cannot be used to explore new areas of music like multitag could. E.g. http://playground.last.fm/sterec/filter/greek+metal+%22female+vocalists%22 doesn't find me anything, because I haven't listened to enough similar stuff, but http://playground.last.fm/multitag/artists/greek+metal+%22female+vocalists%22 probably would.

last.fm#DIV(class=messageSig)
    • hotsw4p sa...
    • Användare
    • 27 mar 2010, 18:29
    ah, i see the difference. Thanks for pointing that out! :) And yeah, i would like to see the return of the multi- tag search also!

• Eolymhn sa...
    • Användare
    • 3 apr 2010, 17:35
    I want it back too !

• salacio sa...
    • Användare
    • 6 apr 2010, 11:57
    how many posts until it returns?

• We're definitely planning to bring it back at some point, but unfortunately it's not as easy as you might imagine. I'll get back to you guys when I have a better estimate of when you can expect it to reappear.

• MusX sa...
    • Användare
    • 10 apr 2010, 15:05
    I also would like to browse music with multiple tags

• Well thank God. =D

• salacio sa...
    • Användare
    • 17 apr 2010, 06:30
    klbostee said:
    We're definitely planning to bring it back at some point, but unfortunately it's not as easy as you might imagine. I'll get back to you guys when I have a better estimate of when you can expect it to reappear.

Yay! <3<3<3<3

• Zer0_II sa...
    • Användare
    • 18 apr 2010, 13:29
    I would love to see it back also. As others have suggested, it was a very useful tool. Please stop looking for every feature you can to take away from us. It seems like last.fm is more interested in making everything look nice, presenting us with new graphs, buttons and all that jazz. I was a member of this site back wheneverything looked very dated, and I didn't mind because I was happy with all of the features the site had to offer. Apparently that is something the new management doesn't understand about the members here.

• klbostee said:
    We're definitely planning to bring it back at some point, but unfortunately it's not as easy as you might imagine. I'll get back to you guys when I have a better estimate of when you can expect it to reappear.

Oh, cool. Looking forward to it.

• Pdrpdr sa...
    • Användare
    • 25 apr 2010, 22:52
    I needed it badly today and now I figured out that is gone :(..

I need a way to find bands from some countries that plays specific genres . like romanian + space rock.. I'm currently using google to look through last.,fm pages

Mi humilde blog con análisis de discos: http://automaticw.blogspot.com
    • moviemac sa...
    • Användare
    • 30 apr 2010, 20:37
    I agree, we need multitag search back as soon as possible. That's what makes tags useful in the first place. I have no need for a list of millions of "female vocalists", but combined with 2 or 3 more obscure tags, you can find music/artists you couldn't find/discover in any other way.

• Please bring back multi-tag search.

Anonyma användare kan inte skriva inlägg. Vänligen logga in eller skapa ett konto för att göra inlägg i forumen.