• His Best Bassline?

I'd have to say the Magnificent Seven, but of course Guns of Brixton, London Calling, Look Here, and many others have great bass as well.

• "Listen"'s definiteley one of my favourites, guns of brixton.. Hmm.. I can't pick just one..I like most of his basslines :)

• Oh yeah, I completely forgot about Listen... truthfully I've only listened to that song a couple times, but I do enjoy it.

• [Raderad användare] sa...
    • Användare
    • 8 nov 2006, 08:57
    This is a hard one..he's done so many good basslines, but at the moment "One Emotion".

• What? A Clash song I don't have? Where can it be obatined?

• 'One Emotion' is on Clash On Broadway. It's a silly piss about song about Roger Moore's complete lack of acting ability (they observed how during a James Bond film he had exactly one emotion on display through out).

Also, in a bit of horrible myth-deflating: Norman Watt-Roy of the Blockheads wrote (and I'm pretty sure it's him playing on the album, not Simmo) Magnificent Seven's bassline. Apparently he's still pissed off to this day that he didn't get a bigger share of the royalties from hiw work on Sandinista.

• PunkMati sa...
    • Användare
    • 25 nov 2006, 21:37
    Absolutely "Listen", it's magnificent!.

• PunkMati sa...
    • Användare
    • 27 nov 2006, 20:59
    Ok i remember another great one: "Paul's Tune" the demo track of guns of Brixtons, that's amazing.

• White Man in Hammersmith Palais. My favourite Clash Song, great bassline, brilliant lyrics.

This space for sale
  • Also, in a bit of horrible myth-deflating: Norman Watt-Roy of the Blockheads wrote (and I'm pretty sure it's him playing on the album, not Simmo) Magnificent Seven's bassline. Apparently he's still pissed off to this day that he didn't get a bigger share of the royalties from hiw work on Sandinista.

I knew he played on the album because simo was busy filming, I didn't know that Norman Watt-Roy actually wrote that bassline :O that's a bit of a shock ;) I always assumed that Mick or someone else wrote it.

Oeeeh, btw, look here is a Mose Alisson cover. Still a cool bassline though :) And speaking of covers.. Police and Thieves has a great bassline!

• paul's tune/guns of brixton.. BANKROBBER. omfg, i love it to death.

i belong to the ____ generation
  • The Crooked Beat, very simple to play but delightful.

• Hmm.. rudie cant fail is pretty good :D

• One More Time or Living in Fame

• [Raderad användare] sa...
    • Användare
    • 7 maj 2007, 00:59
    I'm gonna fucking get crucified here, but right now it's "History Song" by The Good, The Bad, and The Queen.

• listen!!

oh
  • Gates of the West is the best song ever!!!ButI like all the songs...

• I don't wanna seem generic...but it was the very bass line from London Calling the perked my ears up and made The Clash one of my favorite bands.

• I really like This is Radio Clash, it's really catchy and the bassline is tops.

I'll meet you at the bottom of a cheap bottle of whiskey.
  • That crazy little intro to Protex Blue.

• lethcaro sa...
    • Användare
    • 18 aug 2007, 20:49
    I dunno, but i just love the bass line from Charlie Don't Surf.

...but go easy, step lightly, stay free.
    • ahubling sa...
    • Användare
    • 19 aug 2007, 20:09
    The Equaliser! Brilliance!

Also Jimmy Jazz and Rock the Casbah.

• Also, in a bit of horrible myth-deflating: Norman Watt-Roy of the Blockheads wrote (and I'm pretty sure it's him playing on the album, not Simmo) Magnificent Seven's bassline. Apparently he's still pissed off to this day that he didn't get a bigger share of the royalties from hiw work on Sandinista.

This is correct.

It is also believed that Norman Watt Roy recorded the bass lines for cut the crap. For instance there is slap bass in fingerpoppin', something which Paul does not play.

• RatDay sa...
    • Användare
    • 5 jan 2008, 19:49
    "Red Angel Dragnet."

• Funcheon sa...
    • Användare
    • 13 feb 2008, 06:41
    Police and Theives, and London Calling!

Anonyma användare kan inte skriva inlägg. Vänligen logga in eller skapa ett konto för att göra inlägg i forumen.