New bands like Pantera

• xrishall sa...
    • Användare
    • 19 apr 2006, 18:39

New bands like Pantera

Do you guys know any bands that have a similiar sound or style to Pantera?

"Infanteria" is the best metal band since Pantera!
  • Not really, that's why I like Pantera so much they're not quite like anything else. One band I saw at a COC concert kinda reminds me of Pantera, but a little softer:

Brand New Sin

Probably will be hard to find though They're not very popular, but I really like them.

• Cybiloth sa...
    • Användare
    • 28 maj 2006, 07:14
    A perfect murder seems to be have a quit alike sound with them i think..İ have listened their album Strength Through Vengance and especially body and blood sound "very" Pantera

• The problem here is if a band has a "style or sound like Pantera" then it's only going to pale in comparison, they gave us some fucking great music while they were active, but no one is going to fill the void they left.

What would Bushwick Bill do?
    • Wasil666 sa...
    • Användare
    • 28 jun 2006, 10:44
    a perfect murder sounds like pantera[url=]

• I got a Brand New Sin track a while ago, Black and Blue. I don't think it reminded me of Pantera, but I do remember having a bit of a hard time deciding what to put its genre as.

A Perfect Murder, I've seen/heard one song (something with 'Body' in the name) and I think it seemed like typical metalcore to me (that is, not like Pantera).

A video I saw today, Throwdown's Burn made me think of Pantera at the start, but by the end it turned out to be some junk like Hatebreed. Well, maybe not that bad, but not good, and not Pantera.

• Lamb of God except the vocals.

• [Raderad användare] sa...
    • Användare
    • 17 jul 2006, 14:12

Machine Head

<ashine Head sounds vaguely like Pantera. I like Machine Head, but not NEAR as much as I love PANTERA!

• Bleed the sky was supposed to sound like Pantera, I never really checked them out though

• Användare
    • 25 jul 2006, 11:24
    if you like Anselmo's voice, try Down or Superjoint Ritual.

• Exhorder.

• *Double*

• nekroper sa...
    • Användare
    • 11 aug 2006, 11:15
    No bands will ever be able to sound like PanterA. Some might rip off some of they're riff's, but it will end up ass poor attempts.
    I usually never check out bands people compare with PanterA, cause I'm allways dissapointed.
    But a good band to check out if you like heavy music with untraditional ways of playing with cool brakes, tempo changes and good riff's are Meshuggah.
    They're supposed to be really fucking good live to. Never got'n the chanse to see them myself tho.

• Användare
    • 4 sep 2006, 11:55
    You guys ever checked out The Inbreds they have quite a similar thing going on to Pantera a bit more stoner style not quite as stoner as Down though, meh just check them out and see what you think!!

• L1ama sa...
    • Användare
    • 7 sep 2006, 04:45
    I don't reckon they sound the same, but fear factory reminds me of pantera for some reason...

Someone said machinehead sound like pantera, well FF sounds like machinehead :P

• Machinehead doesn't sound Pantera at all, even tough I like few of their albums as well. There really isn't any replacements to them, but some offer similar music.

A Perfect Murder, very similar vocals to Philip Anselmo
    Black Label Society, not too close, but you might like em

• nekroper sa...
    • Användare
    • 28 sep 2006, 15:23
    Listen to Lowdown's new album Antidote!!
    A lot of good shit for Pantera fans and some scooby snacks for Machine Head fans aswell.

• Antidote is pretty good, not excellent but close.
    If you love Pantera you're probably gonna like Lowdown. Their music is very similar to Pantera.

• Brick Bath - I Won't Live The Lie

They might be a little bit harder to find, but there's a great band called Brick Bath that REALLY fucking reminds me of Pantera at times. Riffs are very heavy, with a southern groove to it like Pantera. The vocals don't really sound like Pantera too much, more like the guy from Pro Pain. So yeah, not so much on the vocals, but musically they totally sound like Pantera. Get the album I Won't Live The Lie by Brick Bath....the song Bone Dry will definitely remind you of Pantera will all of the pinch harmonic squeals and groovy riffs.

• devilgen sa...
    • Användare
    • 27 nov 2006, 22:13
    No one plays like PanterA !!!
    If you looking similar style .... SOUTHERN ROCK
    Believe me no one , and j mean NO ONE can be like Pantera
    ONE IN A MILION !

• Audioslave have some songs that are the same as some pantera riffs just a couple of octaves higher and a bit slowed up

One day we all will die, a cliched fact of life. Force fed To make us heed. Inbred to sponge our bleed.
    • bgtaM sa...
    • Användare
    • 2 dec 2006, 14:21

infernoise

hi! i've recently listened to a spanish band that sounded too similar to pantera, you should check it out, they have just one EP now that is called hellrider with 3 songs, the band is called infernoise.

• black label society

they sound a bit like pantera... a bit...

• Användare
    • 12 dec 2006, 09:10
    Lokusti said:
    if you like Anselmo's voice, try Down or Superjoint Ritual.
    Indeed, and if you like Dimebag's riffs, check out Damageplan. But I assume that everyone in this group already knows that.

What a great topic to discover new music, though.

• the only band i have ever heard that reminded me of pantera was exhorder, bands like pantera just dont come around that often :(

Anonyma användare kan inte skriva inlägg. Vänligen logga in eller skapa ett konto för att göra inlägg i forumen.