Does PandoraFM Hold Songs In Queue When Scrobbling is Down?

• Does PandoraFM Hold Songs In Queue When Scrobbling is Down?

PandoraFM doesn't seem to be scrobbling today... I have not been a user of PandoraFM very long, so please forgive me if there is an obvious answer to this question...

Does PandoraFM hold the songs you listen to in queue when the real time scrobbling is not working, and then scrobbles them in bulk when it comes back up?

Thanks!

• josta59 sa...
    • Användare
    • 9 dec 2008, 14:55
    Supposedly it does, but in those situations, the page is supposed to display a message about Last.fm not accepting submissions. It hasn't done that since this problem started early on Monday, so I'm wondering the same thing, Mike. I really hope so.

• timotero sa...
    • Användare
    • 9 dec 2008, 21:58
    Scrobbling is still not working for me. PandoraFM shows the info is submitted, but nothing shows up in LastFM. Very Sad.

• I am hopeful that all of the songs are being logged and that a bulk scrobble will happen after the issue (whatever it is) is fixed....

• josta59 sa...
    • Användare
    • 10 dec 2008, 14:22
    I talked to Gabe, the creator of PandoraFM. He has no idea what's happening but is looking into it. He apologized.

• revblx sa...
    • Användare
    • 10 dec 2008, 14:29
    I was wondering if Gabe was aware of the goings on. Thank you josta for getting in touch with him. Cheers!

• josta59 sa...
    • Användare
    • 10 dec 2008, 15:44
    No problem; I'm looking forward to it working again, too!

• Thanks josta59!

Did Gabe give any indication as to once he finds out root cause, whether or not our scrobbles are lost, or are saved and will be bulk loaded?

• josta59 sa...
    • Användare
    • 10 dec 2008, 18:10
    He didn't say, but I suspect he didn't know the answer to that at the time, since he had no idea what the problem was. I haven't heard from him since then.

• timotero sa...
    • Användare
    • 11 dec 2008, 00:38

Thanks, josta59!

If Gabe happens over here, I just want to thank him for supporting us and through his great app and hard work.

• jaewun sa...
    • Användare
    • 12 dec 2008, 20:38
    Track submission still broken for me, but I was able to love a track. Seems only partially broken.

• josta59 sa...
    • Användare
    • 12 dec 2008, 20:50
    I wrote Gabe again this morning. No reply yet. This is driving me crazy.

• timotero sa...
    • Användare
    • 13 dec 2008, 22:17
    I can love tracks, as well. Only scrobbling seems to be broken.

• I'm glad I'm not the only one. I hope it starts working again soon. i love pandora.fm

• josta59 sa...
    • Användare
    • 15 dec 2008, 13:51
    Unfortunately, there hasn't been much to love about it for a whole week now. I might as well just use Pandora if it's not scrobbling.

• Ber_ sa...
    • Användare
    • 18 dec 2008, 03:55
    It's scrobbling again, although it doesn't look like it kept track of what we listened to while it was down.

• josta59 sa...
    • Användare
    • 18 dec 2008, 12:13
    Cool. I got a message from Gabe this morning. He was surprised he was able to figure it out. He says everything will be submitted. Hasn't happened for me yet, but I have a little hope now.

• Gabek sa...
    • Användare
    • 18 dec 2008, 15:27
    PandoraFM does keep track of what was listened to during a time of non-submission.. however the catch lies within Last.FM's rules.

If you listen to something in PandoraFM and it doesn't submit, and then listen to something else, anywhere and it *does* submit... you lose everything in PandoraFM because the timestamps will no longer be in order.

So the next time you log in to PandoraFM and listen to a song successfully it will attempt to go through your backlog of tracks. Last.FM will either start accepting them or reject them for not being in order.

So either you'll see them show up in your profile, or you'll see that Last.FM message on your profile saying "Some tracks were not accepted something something blah blah."

Just as a quick look, there are 3,925 tracks still queued up for submission. This is 989 users worth of data. The user with the most tracks queued has 79, followed by 53. Each will be attempted next time you log in to PandoraFM.

• josta59 sa...
    • Användare
    • 18 dec 2008, 16:50
    Awesome, thanks, Gabe!

• revblx sa...
    • Användare
    • 18 dec 2008, 20:13
    Hey Gabe, thanks so much for getting this sorted out!!

• Ber_ sa...
    • Användare
    • 18 dec 2008, 20:48
    Aye, thank you!

• usa02 sa...
    • Användare
    • 19 dec 2008, 02:44
    THANK YOU SO MUCH!

I LOVE LAMP!
    • josta59 sa...
    • Användare
    • 19 dec 2008, 14:19
    Did anyone's batch of songs submit from last week? None of mine did. I listened to a lot of music last week, and none of it was submitted. Bummer.

• Gabek sa...
    • Användare
    • 19 dec 2008, 15:48
    It's probably going to be rare for any of the songs cached for as long as they were to show up in your profile... since you would have had to have listened to nothing else (last.fm radio, itunes, ipod, etc) between then and resubmission time because of the timestamp restriction. I tried to find a Last.FM help article, but couldn't :)

josta:
    I looked at the logs (it doesn't go back very far, but I see this much) that a track you listened to on the 10th (when pandorafm was down) was resubmitted and Last.FM accepted it. My guess, though, is it was thrown away after that. If it makes you chuckle at all this track finally submitted after 326 attempts. There's an attempt after every song you listen to... so that gives you an idea of how many songs.

I hope this isn't some kind of privacy breach or anything, but maybe this might help. Here's the top 10 remaining users that haven't submitted tracks yet:

| sgarrett85 | 79 |
    | haze2000y | 53 |
    | scowpert | 52 |
    | itazurajackson | 41 |
    | blackpanher989 | 37 |
    | mfmbcpman | 33 |
    | stuffedbeargirl | 32 |
    | swedishmegaman | 31 |
    | captpositive | 31 |
    | awkward | 28 |

3773 total tracks left.

• Gabek sa...
    • Användare
    • 19 dec 2008, 15:55
    One last thing:

Last.FM user teneuse just had tracks from the 10th submitted. Proof it works :)

Anonyma användare kan inte skriva inlägg. Vänligen logga in eller skapa ett konto för att göra inlägg i forumen.