• hello :D
    well i like all sorts of music hardcore,punk,new wave, no wave, noise, art, tribal, minimalism, indie, folk, industrial,house,trance,classical,bebop, azid jazz, blues, jazzcore,math rock, grindcore, surf, stoner, doom, gansta, electro, ebm, funk, afrobeat, reggae, ska, rocksteady, ye-ye, classic rock, post rock, shoegaze,spazzcore, avantgarde, salsa, psychedelyc rock, garage.

i like music ffrom all over the world brits, ausies, japanese, russian, german, french, african.

well my taste in obscure bands is pretty extensive so if youd like to see it drop by my profile and drop me a shout.

mainstream music i like: offspring, nin, ministry, smashing pumpkins, bob dylan, elvis presley, tom waits, janes addiction. moslty 90s stuff :D

• [Raderad användare] sa...
    • Användare
    • 22 apr 2010, 13:25
    I have pretty ridiculous taste in music. It ranges from mainstream pop (Justin Bieber, Britney Spears, Jonas Brothers) and hip-hop (Lil' Wayne, Drake, Nas) to noisy shit (Merzbow, Boredoms, Lightning Bolt) and "avant-garde" (Captain Beefheart & His Magic Band, Nurse With Wound) to indie (jj, Animal Collective, Wavves) and punk (The Clash, Black Flag, X-Ray Spex) to just weird shit (Venetian Snares, Ponytail). I'll listen to anything.

• missearl sa...
    • Användare
    • 25 jun 2010, 14:14

I Like..

Lyrics a bit more than music, if I relate to the lyrics of a song (even if I'm mishearing them) that makes the rest of the song grow on me more. In a way its better to like the lyrics I think because the sentiment ties together all different genres that way you're not restricted to just listening to one type all the time.
    At the moment I've been listening to Sia, Fink, Alicia Keys, Black Keys, Donora, Ti, Fanfarlo, Blind Pilot

• well to be honest I'm as happy listening to Mystery Jets and Beach Houseas I am to Everytime I Die or The Bronx. Main port of call is usually indie-pop. usually safe with indie-pop.

But i think most peoples tastes are incredibly widespread these days what with spotify and blogging sites opening peoples eyes to different genres. For example i have a secret love for african rap.

• dai77 sa...
    • Användare
    • 12 jul 2010, 23:10
    Hide-and-sneak said:
    well to be honest I'm as happy listening to Mystery Jets...

I just listened to "Half in Love with Elizabeth" and it sounded like 4 or 5 sample plays. Is that the way it is supposed to sound like?

• Hey Guys...

I don't have nearly as wide music taste as most of you here, but I'm always looking for new things and I'll give anything a chance. I was raised on all sorts of classic rock (The Beatles, The Rolling Stones, Led Zeppelin, Beach Boys, etc.) but soon after got into grunge (Nirvana, Soundgarden, Pearl Jam) and Metal (Metallica, Iron Midden, Judas Priest, Avenged Sevenfold). More recently I've started to listen to all sorts of indie rock/pop/folk. As I said I am trying to branch out in my music tastes and recently have started listening to jazz, country, hip-hop, and electronic music. I know a good number of obscure bands to share here.

• Dianasmf sa...
    • Användare
    • 10 aug 2010, 20:44
    I can listen to pretty much everything, depending on my mood, obviously... Sometimes I want some over melodic epic kind of song, sometimes I feel more like hearing some acoustic, stripped down type of music, or go on a psycadelic trip or jump around to some fast indie rock or just listen to Gaga. Seriously, I like a lot of stuff... :s

And I love instrumental songs as much as anyone else, but I really love writing so, if you're going to sing, the lyrics better be damn good!

• dai77 sa...
    • Användare
    • 10 aug 2010, 23:39
    @Rolyath321 - I hope you discover some great music. Remember share with us anything you discover. ;)

@Dianasmf - I can related to everything you mentioned. Although I could careless about the lyrics if the person singing is interesting or full of energy.

• I started listening to alot of trance and house, then as the years came by I began listening to electro and then I shifted a little bit to the rockish/indish electronic music which I still love and hear. Recentrly I have been really into lo-fi/noise rock and also starting to hear oldies like joy division, ELO, and ABBA. Im constatly trying to have my mind open for new stuff. what also can I say, I'm just a 17year old noob :3

• LieveK sa...
    • Användare
    • 23 okt 2010, 17:24
    For the moment I guess I listen most to these genres:
    - lo-fi (Ariel Pink's Haunted Graffiti, Geneva Jacuzzi, Zola Jesus, who is actually not really lo-fi anymore now, but anyway)
    - chillwave (Blackbird Blackbird and the likes)
    - dream pop (Candy Claws, Hooray!,...)
    - witch house (Salem, oOoOO, White Ring,...)
    - Zola Jesus also introduced me to the world of noise/industrial/power-electronics so now I also listen to things like SPK and Throbbing Gristle.

• greetings from Brazil

hello fellow music lovers... I hope I can add a lot to this group, and discover new bands also...
    thanks!

• Hello!

My name is Erin and I live in Canada. I have been into music for as long as I can remember, and one of my very first memories involves becoming aware of music on the radio. Unfortunately radio isn't what it used to be, haha!

In my teens I was really into Frank Black and the Pixies, but music got around a lot slower back then, and though I was famed for my mix tapes and diverse music collection, it certainly wasn't on par with what it is now! I used to wish there was more music like The Pixies and The Breeders: happy weird catchy drony beautiful noise.

In a big way this still describes my musical taste today. Genres can get a little sticky sometimes, but for classifications' sake I can say I like Dream Pop, Chillwave, Shoegaze, Synthpop, and Ambient. I'm also into Indie Rock, Folk, Minimal Wave, Deep House, and some of the lighter Dubstep. You may even catch me listening to Bluegrass, although I don't care much for the modern country. I also enjoy Hip Hop in the vein of Atmosphere; great beats with thoughtful lyrics.

For me, music has to have that special "something." The ingredient doesn't always have to be the same. Sometimes a band is really great lyrically, and sometimes the music is infectious and makes me feel good. I can also, in the right mood, get into some moody, atmospheric stuff that has a sense of depth even if the lyrics aren't deep. Perhaps I could call it "audible magic."

Nice to meet you all =)

• arizakia sa...
    • Användare
    • 2 jun 2013, 09:04
    Hello.. my name is Ariza..
    I listen to all kind of genre..
    but right now my favorites are Grouplove and Veronica Falls
    I hope I can discover some new great music after joining this group :)

• bigkeez sa...
    • Användare
    • 4 jul 2014, 01:45

Hi

I am into a lot of synth music like new wave, synthpop, italo disco and hi nrg, mostly from the 80s.

I'm looking for some artists with a synth sound or at least upbeat and unique sounding, memorable.

I like ska, early punk, glam rock and classic rock also.

yup
Anonyma användare kan inte skriva inlägg. Vänligen logga in eller skapa ett konto för att göra inlägg i forumen.