• [Raderad användare] sa...
    • Användare
    • 14 nov 2009, 22:20

Suggestions

If you have any ideas for improvements to the game please post them here. I am particularly interested in ways of attracting and keeping new members. I am also interested in ways of increasing member involvement within the group. Nobody seems to create their own threads or articles.

• Crith sa...
    • Användare
    • 14 nov 2009, 22:29
    I suggest that Crith be given full time immunity and constant kicking rights. It will greatly improve the game and encourage new members to join!

Even civilians who have rejected war depend on the police, don't they? Everyone knows, don't they ... that people are driven by their own desires, the lust that dwells within the soul of man cannot be denied, so why win hearts and minds or tout some shining ideology, why not bring peace to the world with a system and power.
    • Användare
    • 16 nov 2009, 18:33
    The last few days there is an incredible pace with the rounds. Is it an idea to create a time frame for round, so that people have the time to rejoin. At the moment when a round is finished a new round starts immediately, which can result in the lightning rounds like last weekend.

For example: each round lasts 24 hours. A new round will start after 24 hours, no matter at what time the previous round has taken place.

This will create the possibility for everyone to rejoin before the next round.

• Crith sa...
    • Användare
    • 16 nov 2009, 19:55
    I suggest Egg21 be kicked. Ties are blasphemous.

Even civilians who have rejected war depend on the police, don't they? Everyone knows, don't they ... that people are driven by their own desires, the lust that dwells within the soul of man cannot be denied, so why win hearts and minds or tout some shining ideology, why not bring peace to the world with a system and power.
    • Egg21 sa...
    • Användare
    • 16 nov 2009, 19:59
    I really enjoy the speed of the game – something that some other are missing at the moment. If there should be such a minimum it should not be 24 hours but perhaps 3 hours. Or no more than 4 rounds per day. Or perhaps a special rule for weekends: No more than 2 rounds per weekend. I prefer no limits.

If you want to find new bands then try joining under 2000 listeners
    • Egg21 sa...
    • Användare
    • 16 nov 2009, 20:00
    Ties? Me? What?

• Crith sa...
    • Användare
    • 16 nov 2009, 20:11
    Egg21 said:
    Ties? Me? What?

Who knows, the world is a square and so must life be a triangle.

• Användare
    • 16 nov 2009, 20:15
    Crith said:
    Egg21 said:
    Ties? Me? What?

What would that make mankind, a circle?

• Crith sa...
    • Användare
    • 16 nov 2009, 20:16
    JosvLeeuwen said:
    Crith said:
    Egg21 said:
    Ties? Me? What?

What would that make mankind, a circle?

Yes, actually.

• I can see encouraging people to take their time. But I prefer no limits also. I kind of like the surprise of speed. Keeps the game a game. If it really hurts people joining - then I guess explore limits. But otherwise, keep it simple, stupid.

Got some advice for those driving last.fm? Join back seat drivers!
    • Användare
    • 16 nov 2009, 21:27
    Last Friday was more than a little silly. Once I have started the round, I have no control over when it finishes.The reason I create the new round as soon as I can after the previous one finishes is because people like Egg and King were suggesting ways of avoiding delays by giving champions permission to create threads and give the next champion kick permissions. I would have found it difficult to keep accurate scores if rounds occurred quickly. I had considered building in a slight delay between rounds but most people were asking for quicker rounds when the other groups were stood still for long periods. This group will be stood until the champion returns. I shall use the time to think about this. I want to avoid losing members as this is the smallest group (with quality over quantity) and I am hearing an increasing number of complaints about the speed of rounds.

• Crith sa...
    • Användare
    • 17 nov 2009, 01:53
    I see no problems with the way things are now. If people are turned away because the game moves too quickly then that's there fault, not the game's. Being able to adapt is a useful skill, even if it's just for an online game. If you can't adapt to the speed of the rounds then you deserve to fall behind.

• Egg21 sa...
    • Användare
    • 17 nov 2009, 07:52
    Now, that is really scary. Crith has made two comments today I agree with.

Last Friday was crazy – and fun. The changing speed is a fun thing too, not just constantly crawling along at 2 rounds per week. If we get more returning members I will be happy with some sort of limits. My suggestion for ways to gain speed was before I experienced the constant attentive leadership of tarntyke. This is indeed a well run group.

Are people really complaining about the speed? Or are they admiring it? How about taking a vote if we should do anything at all to slow down the speed?

• Egg21 sa...
    • Användare
    • 17 nov 2009, 07:53
    Crith said:
    Ties are blasphemous.

I finally figured it out. In my world a ties are something you wear. It is like a belt just made of silk and around the neck.

• Användare
    • 19 nov 2009, 22:38
    How about this:

Champions are allowed to announce forbidden tags , means that they can kick members if the band they're currently listening too have the named tag on their main page. The advantage: people who tend to stick within their own music genre can be stopped by doing so for a short while and they have to play different music. Also, it can be easier to kick users when using tags like "indie", alternative" or "metal".
    Lets say you are champion, and you announce a tag, it will last for three rounds, so three different tags are active at the same time. It's still an idea, I know ...

• Crith sa...
    • Användare
    • 19 nov 2009, 22:46
    ThrillKillWilly said:
    How about this:

Champions are allowed to announce forbidden tags , means that they can kick members if the band they're currently listening too have the named tag on their main page. The advantage: people who tend to stick within their own music genre can be stopped by doing so for a short while and they have to play different music. Also, it can be easier to kick users when using tags like "indie", alternative" or "metal".
    Lets say you are champion, and you announce a tag, it will last for three rounds, so three different tags are active at the same time. It's still an idea, I know ...

No, because I enjoy my genre and I don't really feel like listening to music outside that genre just because someone says I can't listen to my music during his round. It's a stupid suggestion and could easily be abused.

• Användare
    • 19 nov 2009, 22:48
    Well I'd say that too if I could become an easy target for that rule ;)

• Crith sa...
    • Användare
    • 19 nov 2009, 22:50
    ThrillKillWilly said:
    Well I'd say that too if I could become an easy target for that rule ;)

Exactly, you're creating biased suggestions that ruin the game for other people. It's a bad suggestion.

• Användare
    • 19 nov 2009, 22:56
    Well like hiding under the same rock of music for dozens of rounds isn't ruining the game for others as well?

• Användare
    • 19 nov 2009, 22:57
    ThrillKillWilly said:
    How about this:

I quite like this idea. It will take some keeping up with if we have 3 or 4 quick rounds together and I can see many people objecting as they are reluctant to play music outside of their favourite genres. We'll wait and see what response your idea gets. I suggest you post this in King's group as well. He might like it as much as I do.

• I oppose this idea too.

Let's say someone forbids the tag "metal", but I'm listening to Death which is a Death Metal band, but for most people it would still be a "metal" band - and I would argue against that until the other one drops off dead^^

Redigerad av tYhJyYsRuLeS den 19 nov 2009, 22:58
    • Crith sa...
    • Användare
    • 19 nov 2009, 22:58
    ThrillKillWilly said:
    Well like hiding under the same rock of music for dozens of rounds isn't ruining the game for others as well?

It's not my fault people don't care abut my music. I'd gladly give a link to the palce where I download all my stuff, but nobody asks. Don't whine to me because you're too retarded to ask a simple question or to exercise a little patience and google it.

• Användare
    • 19 nov 2009, 23:00
    There is no need for arguing - metal, alternative, indie are the big ones, same asthe shitty "seen live". If the tag is not on the main page of the band, it cannot be used. For non-metal fans the fine differences between death metal and thrash metal for example have no meaning - so it's "metal" they tag those bands. Same for indie / alternative ;)

• Användare
    • 19 nov 2009, 23:05
    It's an interesting idea, the only problem I see is with the speed of the rounds. I takes time for me to play new music (I'm not a member). To find an artist and be able to scrobble them between fast rounds, is going to be a real challenge. But I like the idea of listening outside specified genres. It will "force" you to listen to real new music and not a variation of something you always listen to.

• Användare
    • 19 nov 2009, 23:12
    If three of the most popular tags are banned at the same time, some people will have difficulty finding valid music. Maybe the champion's banned tag should only be in force for the next round.

Anonyma användare kan inte skriva inlägg. Vänligen logga in eller skapa ett konto för att göra inlägg i forumen.