"Christian" Black Metal (a.k.a. "Black" Metal/Unblack Metal/White Metal)

• Tzizra sa...
    • Användare
    • 5 sep 2009, 09:01
    That is absurd thinking that BLACK METAL can be together with CRISTIANITY ideas! I cannot even imagine about what a christian black metal band could write songs :D

DRAMmar mistake.
    • Tzizra sa...
    • Användare
    • 5 sep 2009, 09:03
    Music is not just guitar chords or drum beats or good vocals - it has its own meaning, its own idea.

Even if those bands are good - sorry, screw it, that is not black metal anymore.

DRAMmar mistake.
    • [Raderad användare] sa...
    • Användare
    • 25 sep 2009, 04:59
    I don't think black metal has to be satanic but it certainly can't be about Christianity. Leave Christianity to Brutal Death Metal. Christians know all about brutal torture.

• catzviol sa...
    • Användare
    • 13 okt 2009, 12:25
    As long as the music is good, and they don't sing about Jesus, yeah, I'd definitely listen to it.

• Användare
    • 17 okt 2009, 22:32
    Fuck off Christian "Black Metal"!!!!

is the most ridiculous genre of music...the make no sense! ¬¬"
    All this brutality to talk about peace and Jesus Christ? ¬¬"
    RIDICULOUS!!!!!

• Zyrphath sa...
    • Användare
    • 3 nov 2009, 20:21
    I've heard Antestor from way back.

Even though "unblack" metal can have a decent sound, it's not something I really care that much to listen to. I mean, Antestor manages a sound that is very okay, but the CONCEPT is kind of... lame?

Same for Christian "viking metal" bands. That's quite an oxymoron too, since Christians FORCED the heathens of, for example Norway, to become "believers".

• Vellata sa...
    • Användare
    • 4 nov 2009, 12:03
    Black metal is not for christians! That`s fucking retard. But then again - christiansare retards, not to say more.

Vi døde ikke...
    Vi har aldri levd
  • It should be named white metal.

• Tzizra sa...
    • Användare
    • 22 nov 2009, 16:16
    Some people call it that way.

Well, for me it is rubbish...

DRAMmar mistake.
    • Garunda sa...
    • Användare
    • 9 dec 2009, 19:33
    It doesn't matter what the music is. It could be the greatest-thing-ever-created but still it CAN'T be called black metal. Cmon, everybody knows what black metal is all about, where it all started from. You can't sing about how great jesus is and at the same time claim to play black metal. Ridiculous and definitely hilarious.

Demon to some, angel to others.
  • I don't care how they play i care what they say!

Inde Deus Abest
    • ASZ5 sa...
    • Användare
    • 10 jan 2010, 16:04
    "I would never listen to a fucking christian black metal band."

This is my opinion about christian black metal.

• Diz Iz Jus Creepy... Well Actually Studyin Christianity, I Hav 2 Admit Itz Darker N More Fearsom Dan Most Of De Religions Ive Ever Seen Or Heard Of... But So Long De Cristians Try To Deny De Fact N Pretend Deir So Awesome N All Iz Light N Brighte Den... WTF?!!! How Can Someone Possibly Fit Dat Idea In De Structure Of Black Metal Music?... Itz Like Havin A "Satanic Gregorian Chant"!...

The Thing That Once Was Me'z No More Human Inside...
    • Användare
    • 22 jan 2010, 17:59
    Christianity is just fucking RETARDED!!! and what the flying fuck, who the fuck do they think they are?!?!?! why dont they go off and suck that long haired hippie's dick some more!

• In my not so fucking humble opinion Chr@!#$%^ black metal is a contradiction in itself. It is not only the lyrics that gives the music an anti-..., destructive, hateful, death-worshiping, satanic, pagan, or whatever atmosphere, it is also made clear in the music itself that all 'hippies' can go kill themselves, so to speak. Instrumental black metal can also breath such atmosphere right..?
    For me it is not so much the hostile atmosphere that makes the music interesting though, it's more the association with walking or wandering in a Nordic landscape for at least a few weeks without a place to find comfort and 'enjoying' the emptiness of the experience, etc..

Souls of Blasphemy - Hear a Haunting chant - We are a Blaze in the Northern Sky - The next 1000 years are OURS
  • Personally, I don't like Unblack Metal. I think playing it kind of defeats the purpose of having a Christian message, and it mocks the ideology behind the originally intended Satanic message of black metal. Just the fact that Christians would even associate themselves with the extreme music/radical ideals of black metal is hypocrisy in itself.

• Användare
    • 3 mar 2010, 18:44
    Gumbo77 said:
    that's just fucking ridiculous. even though i mainly care about the music and less about the ideology, i would never listen to a fucking christian black metal band. the only religion acceptable in rock n' roll is satanism, as it has a rebellious attitude.

It isn't ridiculous expressing yourself in other ways and still be part of a genre. But asocianting Christianity with a genre like black metal is just plain Stupid. The band members don't understand the genre. And as for the only religion in "rock 'n' roll"... this has nothing to do with rock'n'roll, this is METAL, it doesn't matter where it came from. All music came from beating a stick on a rock ( :) ) but that doesn't mean it has much to do now with that. Imho the only religion should be NO religion.

• XDanielX sa...
    • Användare
    • 7 mar 2010, 17:07
    you can listen to great christian bands. my recomendations: antestor, drottnar, crimson moonlight.

it's ridicoulous to doom a band by their fate.. black metal today is not what it was in 90s. its just a music style. music to express ideologics, views, personal beliefs, feelings, moods... and it's also important to not put a christian mark on a band, just for the members are christian...i never seen o head a band wich is preaching like a gospel or worship band ;)

the most ridicolous with the black metal genre must be..in the first part they singing of hating god, the bible.. and how burning churches,..but in the other part..they say there is no god at all.. i can't get it !!?

fine black metal would only handle nordic history, expression for the nature...and more personal feelings, moods in the lyrics

"Vi bakar brödet, de andra kan nog baka tårta. Men man blir trött på tårta också, så vi bakar fullkornslimpa" - Fenriz, Darkthrone
    • Användare
    • 8 mar 2010, 06:15
    XDanielX said:
    you can listen to great christian bands. my recomendations: antestor, drottnar, crimson moonlight.

it's ridicoulous to doom a band by their fate.. black metal today is not what it was in 90s. its just a music style. music to express ideologics, views, personal beliefs, feelings, moods... and it's also important to not put a christian mark on a band, just for the members are christian...i never seen o head a band wich is preaching like a gospel or worship band ;)

the most ridicolous with the black metal genre must be..in the first part they singing of hating god, the bible.. and how burning churches,..but in the other part..they say there is no god at all.. i can't get it !!?

fine black metal would only handle nordic history, expression for the nature...and more personal feelings, moods in the lyrics

You didn't understand what the discussion is about.

• Användare
    • 8 mar 2010, 06:23
    You simply can't put togheter right and wrong. Black Metal is a genre that expresses something caracteristical. When you listen to a black metal album you already know what it COULD be about. The same with Death metal, Grindcore etc.

• XDanielX sa...
    • Användare
    • 11 mar 2010, 17:46
    haha, what are you saying? a christian band which deliver "black metal" can be just and more caracteristical than a typical satanic band = dark funeral. which is singing hey, praise the satan lord, drink the blood, laugh at christ" LOL

i recommend you to find some crimson moonlight lyrics on the web...and i think they will speak more to you and the most other typical band.

i'm sorry,, but black metal anno 2000 is not bound to one certain lyrical theme..today its a broad music genre.. just like pop that is focusing on the sound output. and it's growing broader!

even satyr spoke and said... for me black metal no longer needs to express satanism..but it has to contain darkness, pain, suffering, anger

"Vi bakar brödet, de andra kan nog baka tårta. Men man blir trött på tårta också, så vi bakar fullkornslimpa" - Fenriz, Darkthrone
  • in 2 words...

TOTAL OXYMORON. As you all know, black metal was anti-christian from the beginning. This is why "unblack metal" is a better label; I still don't like its concept.

©$€H$ŽŁØ√@'KŽ€'
  • CaemlynOfAndor said:
    Black Metal is AGAINST christianity. Christian bands cannot play black metal...

Exactly.
    Christian black metal must be a hilarious mistake...

Vittujen kevät ja kyrpien takatalvi!

Nothing sucks more than opinions.
  • i dont mind the fact that there are such bands, but they are simply not black metal. and as far as I see, they dont actually claim to be. that is why it is called "black" metal. because it is actually a whole different genre of music.

and no, black metal does not HAVE to be satanic, but it definitely HAS to be against religion (2 different things)

• Why do people even care about the ideology of the music? Black metal is a style of music. Yes, black metal was satanic from the start, but the ideology has nothing to do with the actual sound of the music. If it's good, I'll listen to it.

Anonyma användare kan inte skriva inlägg. Vänligen logga in eller skapa ett konto för att göra inlägg i forumen.