"I Put A Spell On You" the autobiography of Nina Simone

• "I Put A Spell On You" the autobiography of Nina Simone

i've just read this book.i think everybody should read it.it's really amazing.everything we can hear from this woman is covered by the many years of different events,emotions and feelings.and after this book you think "Godness,i so love Nina".and you love her more because now you know: she is not just the greatest singer but the greatest woman too.the woman who felt the music with her eyes closed.
    you an buy this book on amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Put-Spell-You-Autobiography-Simone/dp/0306813270/ref=sr_1_13/104-2031379-8283162?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1188541600&sr=8-13

• arrdis sa...
    • Alumni
    • 31 aug 2007, 19:00
    I read another one called "break down and let it all out" i think... but unfortunately it wasnt very good. Going to try get ahold of this. Thanks for the tip!!

Fröken jag går på glödande kål, efter händerna på täcket i en vecka
    • [Raderad användare] sa...
    • Användare
    • 2 feb 2009, 00:12
    I'm glad somebody besides me liked "I Put A Spell On You". Many fans have criticized it for being a depressing recount of Nina's unhealthy relationship patterns, but it's an honest depiction of what she was going through. I don't know what people expect.

It is definitely clear from the book that she had a persistent tormenting feeling of "otherness" throughout her life, which seemed to create a lot of problems for her ("Break Down and Let It All Out" gets into her bipolar outbursts, apparently).

I like to think that the isolation she felt contributed to the intense emotion in her songs. Maybe her eclectic style is a product of her never completely settling into any particular relationship/genre/setting, or maybe feeling a bit but never completely at home just about everywhere both tormented her and made her great. I dunno, like ducky_duck, I love her more after reading it. It's an easy and short book...like 100 pages or something.

Anonyma användare kan inte skriva inlägg. Vänligen logga in eller skapa ett konto för att göra inlägg i forumen.