New mondegreens

• snyde1 sa...
    • Abonnent
    • 23 apr 2011, 06:14

New mondegreens

Has anyone misheard lyrics recently?

I am not sure I even listen to the lyrics any more to make sense of what's being said. I must be getting lazy.

Improve your view of Last.fm - add some User Scripts.
    Did I hear that right? Mondegreens - for the misheard word. Like Odds? Can't get better than Even Odds!

Speak your truth quietly and clearly; and listen to others, even to the dull and the ignorant; they too have their story.
    • snyde1 sa...
    • Abonnent
    • 6 dec 2013, 15:47
    Song - Teenager:

Real lyrics:
    Are you still in the void?

I heard:
    Are you still into boys?

Did I hear that right? Mondegreens - for the misheard word. Like Odds? Can't get better than Even Odds!

Speak your truth quietly and clearly; and listen to others, even to the dull and the ignorant; they too have their story.
    • kyle2day sa...
    • Användare
    • 24 feb 2014, 03:28
    Song: Ghetto Thang

Impact noise is/in silent/solid sound
    It's the line right at 2:40.

I'm not really sure what the true lyrics are for this one line! I've checked a few De La Soul songs on Rap Genius and some pages are not all 100% correct. Different lyric sites will either say "silent" or "solid". I still don't even know if the word before the silent/solid "in" or "is" haha.

When I first heard the song, I heard "silent," but I feel that would make the line rather oxymoronic, whereas "solid" would make more sense…

• snyde1 sa...
    • Abonnent
    • 25 feb 2014, 02:56
    I think it is "is solid".

I've noticed that a number of the sites use visitor supplied lyrics. Some can be amusing, when you know what they are supposed to be. B-)

Anonyma användare kan inte skriva inlägg. Vänligen logga in eller skapa ett konto för att göra inlägg i forumen.