Artist Connections

• buzzers sa...
    • Användare
    • 20 jan 2007, 12:53

Artist Connections

We need more hits on this group, otherwise it is going to die! It's hardly active as it is! Any ideas for mini-related artists?

You crack a joke about a mid-life crisis but realistically I'm already halfway gone.
  • If I recall correctly, the Corduroy single Mini had a picture of a Mini on the cover, or at least on the ads in the NME. Never heard the song, so can't comment on whether they truly deserve an artist connection. The Wedding Present's Mini mini-album also has pictures of a Mini on the cover; I've got the t-shirt from the accompanying tour, which is styled like a Haynes manual for (it says here) a Mini Countryman Mk2 1968. It has a picture of half a Mini on it, which was bitterly ironic given that the Mini in our family (christened The Death Trap, due to it seeming fundamentally unsafe) had been written off at a roundabout a few months before.

Love the group, by the way: I drive a black 2002 Mini One, christened Tiny Montgomery after the Bob Dylan song.

• Newbon sa...
    • Användare
    • 27 sep 2007, 03:10
    Since you've got Ringo Starr on the list seperately, you may aswell add Lennon, McCartney and Harrison to the list, they all had Minis.

And according to this and this Noel Gallagher, David Bowie, Mick Jagger, Eddie Van Halen, Cliff Richard and Shirley Bassey have all had them too.

• buzzers sa...
    • Användare
    • 3 okt 2007, 19:03
    Nice one, thanks.

You crack a joke about a mid-life crisis but realistically I'm already halfway gone.
    • BluesRok sa...
    • Användare
    • 3 dec 2007, 03:35
    I'd suggest that you don't need to limit the artist connections to artists that have a literal connection to Minis. How about connecting to artists that we members might listen to while we're in our Mini?

Personally, I plug-in my MP3 player while driving, so anything from my play list qualifies. Why not peruse the playlists of all members and cherry pick some artists? I did that with the group "Concert Stories" and came up with a lot of bands that I wouldn't normally think of on my own. Also, connect to each country that represents each member.

I "Recommended" this group to the "Police" group. That's probably an even better way to draw traffic than artist connections. If you recommend to really popular groups, the recommendation may only stay on the page for a few hours. Groups with no more than 500 members are probably ideal.

MINI!

BluesRok / Jay
Anonyma användare kan inte skriva inlägg. Vänligen logga in eller skapa ett konto för att göra inlägg i forumen.