Introduction thread - why military music?

• [Raderad användare] sa...
    • Användare
    • 18 aug 2007, 08:36

Introduction thread - why military music?

So, what draws you to our Military Music group? Are you the commanding officer of a military band? Are you a fan of war history? Do you just like marching?

I'm here because I really like marches and other types military music. I'm very interested in history and war history in particular, so I've viewed military music as a particularly enjoyable way to get inside the military mentality. Also, military marches are a great soundtrack to many Paradox strategy games.

• Costals sa...
    • Användare
    • 19 aug 2007, 11:02
    I always liked war movies, but the reason is different here. I love two things : poetry and mâle choirs.

Military music has both. As you can see on my profile, I really like a choir like Choeur Montjoie Saint Denis. I warmly recommand them.

• I'm also interested in history/military history. I find it very interesting how people thought. It'll probably be The Red Army Choir that started me of I think...

"Inside every cynical person, there's a disappointed idealist."
    Interested in the Red Army Choir? Join the The Red Army Choir group.
    Enjoy smoking? Join the We Smoke group.
    For all you fans of the great Humphrey Bogart, join the Humphrey Bogart group.
    • inferno1 sa...
    • Användare
    • 5 okt 2007, 15:58
    Same here viz the interest in history. Like you Costals I am also keen on Male Voice Choirs, living in Wales I get to see them a lot! I like the patriotism in the lyrics, and I find them rousing. Great group, I'm glad I found it!

• ESOB sa...
    • Användare
    • 17 dec 2007, 19:09
    Army vet and a history teacher, so this group is a natural fit for me.

Wake up and smell the carcass.
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Watch this space for an important announcement!
    • [Raderad användare] sa...
    • Användare
    • 29 feb 2008, 21:09
    Well...I'm a german patriot and I'm proud of our history. I also like marches, so I listen to german military marches...it's that simlpe ;)

• I like Military Music because it's diffrent from the commercial cr@p music you get on TV.

Let's not go crazy, ok? :-)
Anonyma användare kan inte skriva inlägg. Vänligen logga in eller skapa ett konto för att göra inlägg i forumen.