Recommendations?

• Recommendations?

Anyone got any?

• Dalton55 sa...
    • Användare
    • 20 nov 2009, 14:43

Recommendations

It depends what kind of metal you want to hear.
    For melodic death-metal you could try Synestesia Feeniks . It's a great band but they don't sing in english. Did you listen to the newest album from Swallow the Sun? It's called New Moon. Its Melodic Doom/Death Metal. If you want something a little bit different maybe you should try Nova Art - Follow Yourself, it's a progressive metal band from Russia. It's not very death metal but still I like to listen to this.

• Swallow the Sun's new album is great. I will check out all those others. A friend of mine recently turned me onto a melo-death/doom band Slumber. Check them out if you get a chance.
    And for others reading this check out a band Dalton55 and I have in common Quo Vadis, they are great but dont seem to be very well known.

• Dalton55 sa...
    • Användare
    • 25 nov 2009, 16:59
    You should take a look at one of my favorite band, Shades of Dusk. Their album Caress The Despair is absolutely amazing. I saw them 3 times and damn they were fucking good.

• [Raderad användare] sa...
    • Användare
    • 26 nov 2009, 01:52

Arch of Hell

it popped out of my recs, unknown band from Czech Rep called Arch of Hell. That reminded me, there are two groups I previously was part of (under different monicker) very useful to find new bands:

unknown metal

&

criminally underrated metal (founded it)

http://www.myspace.com/archofhell

ps. Mr leader, you have a pending submission to approve, being my article ;)

• @ dalton55 I will check that out tonight thanks.
    @ Andy, Arch Of Hell is great
    Between the two of you I almost don't need to go looking for bands anymore....but I will so I can contribute.

• Användare
    • 29 nov 2009, 02:10
    Thanks man, are you sure you r not canadian? XD

I d appreciate you making a list of 2009 albums, Aeternitas is a TOP BAND, I m telling you, wait and see.

ps. Judging by that statement, it doesn't feel like you were the one that suggested it to me, does it? ;)

Recommendation of the day: DISILLUSION: BTTOS

• Deal

No I am not canadian but canadian bands get more exposure here than european ones. Its all the same to me- as long as its good. I will get to work on a 2009 list. Aeternitas is great, 'holocaust of reason' is simply amazing.
    ...and Quo Vadis was a blanket suggestion. I thought maybe I had mentioned them to you already. My apologies if I haven't because they are quite good.

• some recommendation from underrated old school mdm bands...here we go:
    - A Canorous Quintet
    - Gates of Ishtar
    - Eucharist
    - The Moaning
    - Crystal Age
    - Ceremonial Oath
    The sound of this bands can be compared with old in flames and some at the gates albums. hope you enjoy them

• Many thanks! I love the old school stuff and I haven't heard any of these yet. A nice monday treat.

• Top Albums Of 2009 (Partial)

Finsterforst- …Zum Tode Hin
    Synestesia- Feeniks
    Aeternitas- Holocaust Of Reason
    Ahab- The Divinity of Oceans
    Amorphis- Skyforger
    Be’lakor- Stone’s Reach
    Ensiferum- From Afar
    Insomnium- Across The Dark

I am sure i am missing something. I dont know. Also, Between The Buried And Me's album not being on there is no mistake, neither is Skyfire not being on there- I still much prefer Spectral.

• Dalton55 sa...
    • Användare
    • 1 dec 2009, 02:14

Another Band

Hey guys just to suggest you another band from Quebec :Augury. It's a technical death metal band that will blow your head off. You should really consider give a listen to their both albums, Concealed and their latest from 2009 Fragmentary Evidence. Personally it would be in my top albums of 2009. Others album you should consider for top album of 2009 : Obscura - Cosmogenesis and there's this epic album from Kalisia named Cybion. This last album is really a conceptual album that you should really listen to. Maybe you'll need one or two listen before really liking it but it's really worth it.

• Användare
    • 3 dec 2009, 05:43

Re: Top Albums Of 2009 (Partial)

metalcallout said:
    Finsterforst- …Zum Tode Hin
    Synestesia- Feeniks
    Aeternitas- Holocaust Of Reason
    Ahab- The Divinity of Oceans
    Amorphis- Skyforger
    Be’lakor- Stone’s Reach
    Ensiferum- From Afar
    Insomnium- Across The Dark

I am sure i am missing something. I dont know. Also, Between The Buried And Me's album not being on there is no mistake, neither is Skyfire not being on there- I still much prefer Spectral.

Finsterforst: haven't heard that one, the previous one sure is nice
    Synestesia: heard too little
    Aeternitas: fuck yeah
    Ahab: not my cup of tits
    Amorphis: I d rather listen to more underground, it's nothing too special
    Be'lakor: fuck fuck yeah
    Ensiferum: I m sure you r messin with us :P
    Insomnium: yeah

Eucharist, Gates of Ishtar, Ceremonial Oath etc...side kicks at best, but hey, I m the MDM guy that doesnt listen to At the Gates and In Flames. The one old band I should go back to is Burden of Grief

My 2009 list:

Chtonic - Mirror of Retribution (SMB)
    Soulfallen - Grave New World (Doom/Death)
    Skyfire - Esoteric (MDM)
    Persefone - Shin Ken (Progressive MDM)
    Mistur - Attende (Viking/Black Metal)
    Gwynbleidd - Nostalgia
    Fractal Gates - Altered State (MDM)
    Blackguard - Profugus Mortis (beats the crap out of Ensiferum)
    Arch of Hell - One Day
    Akrea - Lebenslinie

• WHA!!

From Afar was amazing, granted it was basically "Norther does folk" but still...- 'The Longest Journey' almost brings me to tears. But you have a good point, Blackguard is amazing and I am afraid I don't listen to it enough.

I hated Persefone's latest.
    Gwynbleidd is fantastic.

Despite the Ensiferum hiccup, Andy I still think you are the Italian musical version of me.

• ps

LISTEN to Finsterforst's latest. Its wonderful.

Anonyma användare kan inte skriva inlägg. Vänligen logga in eller skapa ett konto för att göra inlägg i forumen.