Finnish Melodic Death vs Sweden Melodic Death)

• Swedish melodic death, but Finnish is good too

• Ensiferum, Wintersun, Korpiklaani, Turisas, Battlelore = NOT MELODEATH! It's freakin folk!

And same with CoB. Jesus christ, these threads are a nightmare for genre-nazis.

• Niiskuli sa...
    • Användare
    • 6 sep 2010, 12:57
    I'm from Finland but I have to say that swedish melodeath wins easily :D
    So many awesome bands like Opeth, Amon Amarth, Scar Symmetry, (old) In Flames, Dark Tranquillity, Soilwork etc.

PS. Children of Bodom is one of the most overrated bands ever

• Nor Swedish Melo Death or Finnish Melo Death is better in my opinion.
    There are just to many awesome bands from both countries !

• its all about viking metal

• surisija sa...
    • Användare
    • 13 sep 2010, 13:13
    i couldn't care less about it's country of origin, as long as its good. but still i seem to have more swedish mdm bands on my list, than finnish. even though i'm finnish myself.

• i'll listen to it if tis good!!!, but sweden has become the birthplace for such awesome death and melodeath bands, and most of them are my favorite ones (at the gates,in flames, soilwork, etc) but finland recently has got lots of new awesome melodeath bands (omnium gatherum, amoral, elenium, )

listen to the duskfall, takes the best from both sides, "officially" is a swedish band, but the singer and one of the guitar palyers are finnish

• [Raderad användare] sa...
    • Användare
    • 23 sep 2010, 13:12
    Wintersun and Amorphis destroy everything Sweden has to offer.

• Finland wins, even though I have a swedish band on the top of the charts. There's just so much more good Finnish bands than Swedish, so variety wins this time.

• My favorite bands are Dark Tranquillity (Sweden) and Kalmah (Finland)... Sorry, impossible to choose!

"And it's hard to learn from the past when the past is a whore to the last
    And it's hard to see into the night when your eyes are blinded by the light
    And it's hard to hold back the hate..."
    • Användare
    • 21 jan 2011, 12:49
    I also like both... but as I see, I have more Finland in my charts. xD

• Both are excellent, but I lean a bit toward Finnish Melodic Death Metal. Kalmah is my favorite band, after all.

• Exist one and only melodic stile, the Gothenburg's style, is the mother of this genre and absolutely command, At The Gates, early In Flames and Dark Tranquillity are the masters, after that band a fuck'n'army of clone and surrogates.
    I love some finnish band Insomnium, Elenium, Omnium Gatherum and Immortal Souls but for the history and value album as "Slaughter Of The Soul" and "The Gallery" are unique.

• Användare
    • 10 mar 2011, 09:56
    Swedish Melodeath For The WORLD! xD

• Alex_sdz sa...
    • Användare
    • 10 apr 2011, 16:15
    Heh, I like both of them, but Finnish Melodic Death Metal is a little more my thing ;)
    I wonder what would happen if those two styles combined :D

• xxAEON sa...
    • Användare
    • 12 maj 2011, 19:02
    I really can't decide. Finnish melodeath is awesome, but I prefer Swedish melodeath. Gothenburg metal ftw! \m/

The world is indeed comic, but the joke is on mankind.
    www.winneh.blogspot.com
  • I believe the 90s belonged to swedish melo death, but in 2000-2011 we are seeing great finish bands, so the new generation of great melo death bands are coming from finland, while bands like amon amarth, opeth, dark tranquility contunue to release great albums, so it would be a hard choice to decide between the two.

• Hypocrisy is Swedish,Sweden Winss

• I love you Finland but I'm sorry I love Sweden a lot more!!!!!!!!

HAIL TO SWEDEN ! ! ! ! ! ! ! :D

~ Son Of The System ~
    • Användare
    • 21 maj 2011, 14:32
    Both. It's so hard to choose.

• Hahaha, both. It's simple :D

"Yes, I am falling... how much longer 'till I hit the ground?
    I can't tell you why I'm breaking down.
    Do you wonder why I prefer to be alone?
    Have I really lost control?"
    • Ulturas sa...
    • Användare
    • 6 mar 2012, 14:35
    Yea both countries have some amazing bands so definitely impossible to choose for me xD.

• Användare
    • 7 apr 2012, 12:55
    It's simple - Sweden ;d

• Användare
    • 10 apr 2012, 12:59
    Well... I like both...

• impossible for me to pick one, both are awesome

Anonyma användare kan inte skriva inlägg. Vänligen logga in eller skapa ett konto för att göra inlägg i forumen.