• Match lists

Any other fourth years out there looking forward to the match? I just certified my rank list and feel like it is going to be a long month waiting for March 15.

I posted this message when I should have been studying!
    Those who should be studying
  • Matched to UC Davis! Anybody else at or going to Davis?

• I suppose this is something going on in the US only, since it says me absolutely nothing, hehe.

• yeah, in the US in our fourth year of medical school we apply to residency programs (to do our internships and training after we have our medical degree). On March 15 everybody across the country finds out where they will spend their residency. It is a little stressful because residency is a 3-7 year commitment and your residency can have a large effect on your career path. Anyway...

• Ah, that clears things up a bit :). Sort of like the way here it goes as well, although you do have more of an influence on it here I guess where you'll do it, rather than everybody being selected by a system.

• I'm not from the US either, so I can't tell you! And I have to wait for a long time for I can start in the hospital.. For now only Grey's anatomy on the Tv! :)
    But I wish you all the best for it!

• Rank list

Hey, quick question...

I'm applying to Combined Neurology/Psychiatry as well as Neurology residencies. So I've got Advanced, Categorical and Prelim spots ... how does the rank list work? Can I pair Prelim Spots with Advanced position and simultaneously sort through Categoricals?

Gracias

• Ooooh I am not sure. Seems like that would work, but I'm no expert

Anonyma användare kan inte skriva inlägg. Vänligen logga in eller skapa ett konto för att göra inlägg i forumen.