Mission Statement?

• Mission Statement?

If there isn't already one buried beneath the various discussions of the group, I say we write up a mission statement for this group in this thread. Any idea you think is vital to the message we are sending by joining this group, you should post in a reply. In the end, it should be possible to have a complete mission statement, which will hopefully always be up for editing. The proposed mission statement should also be given "Read First" classification so it will always remain above any new threads in the group's forum.

I'll start off:

We listen to the music shown on our pages because it is the music WE decide we like. For the most part, this music is NOT the music shown daily on MTV. If there are some artists in our lists which have been known to appear on MTV, then it is because WE, not THEY, decided we liked them. We have enough musically individualistic sense to decide what music we like and not rely on corporations to force-feed us what they think we should listen to, only because it makes THEM money.

• cooldrum sa...
    • Användare
    • 11 aug 2007, 22:48
    I like it. Some people here seem to have the idea that we shouldn't listen to any music played on MTV. I don't like the values the media forces on people by only doing what they like and never interested in other peoples' opinions, but that doesn't mean that we can't like something that is unfortunately connected to the media.

Anonyma användare kan inte skriva inlägg. Vänligen logga in eller skapa ett konto för att göra inlägg i forumen.