Some epic metal bands you would like to share.

• Some epic metal bands you would like to share.

Well, my knowledge about epic metal is kinda limited, I know Stormlord and Transcending Bizarre? (the "?" is in the name of the band aswell), but that's it. I would be thankfull for some more bands.

"We are born naked, wet and hungry. Then things get worse."
  • well first it depends on the production sound if you ask me
    some people just can't stand epic bands/albums/songs with bad production

good example... this song blows my balls off....

just wait and let the goosebumps flow guys.... I'll post some more epic metal bands/ songs later. check out the artist connections.

Where is the essence in beast or scripture?
    Where lies the laws in stars or temples?
  • ^ that was pretty fucking awesome

Anyway Trad influenced Black/Death Metal, don't know would it count as Epic but anyway...

„You better drink your drink and shut your mouth.“
  • Wolf that is fucking awesome. Thank you for sharing that. May not be classifies as "Epic" but I'm a sucker for trad influenced extreme metal (eg. I, Stormlord, Edge of Sanity etc.)

• Imo this is borderline epic metal, yet not quite all there, but again a goosebumps song none-the-less... heres an example of a band with good prod quality

Don't skip the song, press the play button, and listen until about 0:48, be patient. Build-up is crucial for Epic Metal if you ask me, a good intro or verse leading up to a chorus makes the epic part so much more nerve-racking... like foreplay leading to an orgasm..... yes... thats EXACTLY what it's like.

• Does Behemoth count as Epic?

The wizard in black reveals the sign
    The chosen are ready, destiny realigns
    Eye of ultra soul, together we join
    Alone again, once again, into the void
  • I'm not sure, I haven't really given them a proper listen, do you feel they present to you an atmosphere completely overwhelming/give you the goosebumps?

• Eddiethehead_94 said:
    I'm not sure, I haven't really given them a proper listen, do you feel they present to you an atmosphere completely overwhelming/give you the goosebumps?

How the hell not?! Tell me this isn't epic...

"We are born naked, wet and hungry. Then things get worse."
  • Eddiethehead_94 said:
    well first it depends on the production sound if you ask me
    some people just can't stand epic bands/albums/songs with bad production

good example... this song blows my balls off....

just wait and let the goosebumps flow guys.... I'll post some more epic metal bands/ songs later. check out the artist connections.

My favourite Taake song(coming from someone who doesn't like much BM) - The cleans work exceptionally well there.

• The wizard in black reveals the sign
  • I'm not too keen on the extreme side of what "Epic Metal" could potentially be but Epic Trad is where it's at.

For those interested, I'll name a few extremely badass Epic Trad bands:

Sinister Realm - The Crystal Eye (really now, tight as fuck)
    Dantesco - Seven Years Of Battle (the vocalist is a man MOUNTAIN on this release, amazing)
    Arryan Path - Terra Incognita (Really now, this is one of the best albums of 2010, no doubts, not really all that original but damn, the songwriting is extremely catchy)
    Isen Torr - Mighty And Superior (With the late Tony Taylor, extremely catchy, extremely tight, extremely frigging badass)

"It's mind over matter, if I don't mind, it don't matter" - Rev Ernest Poe.
  • Isen Torr is really good. Those who haven't -- check out their EP.

• I will

• heard of these guys from Din actually lol, some Folkish Prog Melo Death/Black or whatever they are they sound awesome.

• Cormorant is pretty badass, the vocalist and bassist of said band (Arthur) is a regular visitor of 235, the metal subsection of Gamefaqs' forum. Pretty cool dude

"It's mind over matter, if I don't mind, it don't matter" - Rev Ernest Poe.
  • Check out Emperor. Epic metal forever.

The wizard in black reveals the sign
  • Eddiethehead_94 said:
    Imo this is borderline epic metal, yet not quite all there, but again a goosebumps song none-the-less... heres an example of a band with good prod quality

Don't skip the song, press the play button, and listen until about 0:48, be patient. Build-up is crucial for Epic Metal if you ask me, a good intro or verse leading up to a chorus makes the epic part so much more nerve-racking... like foreplay leading to an orgasm..... yes... thats EXACTLY what it's like.

This sounds like old In Flames.. it's awesome.

---

Some that i have i find pretty epic.

The entire discography is amazing imo.

Part I

Part II & III

• Cryptic Wintermoon

• Lol - that's the dragon that was on the Conquest album cover, Emmott was telling me how overused it was...

Anonyma användare kan inte skriva inlägg. Vänligen logga in eller skapa ett konto för att göra inlägg i forumen.