Non-native English speakers...

• Non-native English speakers...

In which language is your livejournal?

I'm from Uruguay and write in Spanish. I know I miss knowing a lot of people that way, but 1)I really love Spanish. 2)I'm not that good at English.

Mostly of my friends are Hispanophones, but many of them write in English to keep in touch with more people. Sometimes I envy them, but then I see my FL and almost every post is written in English ('cause I'm member of many communities)...and that is a little tiresome. So I keep writing in Spanish :D, is refreshing seeing other languages that English everywhere :p

What do you think?

that's what she said
    • [Raderad användare] sa...
    • Användare
    • 13 jun 2006, 15:49
    Well, I'm originally from Holland, but not even half of my journal is in Dutch. I just prefer writing in English.

• Nazg sa...
    • Användare
    • 17 jun 2006, 13:04
    I'm from Finland, and my current LJ is written completely in Finnish. It's just easier to put my thoughts into words that way.

Nazgolatry is the mindless worship of Nazg.
    • michu_ sa...
    • Användare
    • 18 jun 2006, 04:47
    I was raised to speak in Filipino =x But most of my LJ entries are written in English ^^; Only if I really need to rant and dont want people to understand, do I write in Filipino or else Chinese >>;;

• I'm from Germany, but I always write in English cause I've got some Germans, an Argentinian, and quite a few Americans in my flist.
    there's one russian too, and she's only writing in russian. she promised to write in english more often, but didn't...

I don't want any from my flist to feel excluded, and that's why I never write in German. And it's a GREAT way to practice your English...

• arbuus sa...
    • Användare
    • 20 jun 2006, 00:10
    i'm from estonia and all my lj entries are in english, because i see no point in writing in estonian, since
    a) i have only one person on my flist who would understand it!
    b) i can express myself better in english =)
    c) it helps me practice my english.

well, english is such a 'universal' language in a way, that it's kind of impossible to manage on lj without using english..

• Användare
    • 20 jun 2006, 06:25
    My journal is entirely in English. If I used my native language instead, my entries would be Greek to most readers.

• I'm Mexican actually, but my main journal is entirely in English. Well, maybe I have a couple of entries in Spanish, but that's about it.

I do have another journal that's entirely in Spanish, but I hardly ever update it ^^u

• Användare
    • 7 jul 2006, 21:23
    I'm German and my journal is also. :)
    I have only one person on my list whose language isn't German but she said she'd like to read my entries because she's learning it.

• Användare
    • 7 jul 2006, 21:23
    I have only one person on my list whose language isn't German but she said she'd like to read my entries because she's learning it.

• Användare
    • 7 jul 2006, 21:24

• Användare

• Användare

• I' german too and I write in german too.

I've got a few american and spanishspeaking people on my friendslist but they are learning german.

I don't see a reason for not writing in my native language.

• Dani85 sa...
    • Användare
    • 17 jul 2006, 22:50
    I'm from Switzerland but I always write in english since it is not really a diary...for me it's more like a graphic journal and not a diary...but if it would be a diary I would write in english or in german...it would depend then...but now it's just in english.

• I'm Norwegian, but my journal is in English. I think I may have written one entry entirely in Norwegian and another primarily in English but interspersed with halves of sentences in Norwegian because I think in a weird mix of English and Norwegian constantly. Both were private, though, so. *shrugs* I don't actually have any Norwegian LJ friends. The closest is a Dane. :|

• Norwegian. Journal mainly English, and some Norwegian. (Anglophones and other infidels complain about the gobbledygook if there's too much of it.) Stuff only relating to Norway is in Norwegian.

• My first language is Russian, but I write in English. It's easier for me, I came to the States when I was five.

• Nazg said:
    I'm from Finland, and my current LJ is written completely in Finnish. It's just easier to put my thoughts into words that way.

I do the same, I'm from Chile and my LJ is entirely written in spanish. In english I need to search for the exact words for say something and in spanish is not necessary.

I'd rather die than go to heaven
    • Användare
    • 20 jul 2006, 11:28
    am finnish and my lj is in finnish cause am just too lazy or something to write it in english or to translate it. I've been thinking about writing every post both in finnish and in english...

• Användare
    • 24 jul 2006, 01:37
    I'm from Finland, and my main journal is entirely in English. I recently started a Finnish language journal -- I realised that there were things I've grown more comfortable writing about in my native language. I'm painfully aware of how my English has gone down the drain since the first days of my journaling when I was still taking classes in English... it's just easier to write about the more serious things in Finnish, not having to worry about people focusing on my bad grammar when I'd really have something to say or share. :)

• matenee_ sa...
    • Användare
    • 24 jul 2006, 07:21
    I'm russian and my lj is in russian. All my friends unerstand it so i've got no point to write in english.

• Användare
    • 7 aug 2006, 08:31
    my lj is nowadays bilingual. It's in both finnish and english. go see, it's visible to all 'cause am not writin anything too personal.

• tacha92 sa...
    • Användare
    • 7 aug 2006, 13:18
    I'm from Portugal, but even if I have Portuguese people on my flist, I write entirely in English. I just feel more comfortable that way.

• hjenna sa...
    • Användare
    • 8 aug 2006, 15:36
    I'm from Finland and I actually have two journals, one in english and the other in (suprise, suprise) finnish. Ofcourse, I write more in finnish, it's just easier to put my thoughts to words with my native language. I created the english journal because I wanted to learn write english more proper.

Anonyma användare kan inte skriva inlägg. Vänligen logga in eller skapa ett konto för att göra inlägg i forumen.