Games on Linux

• Games on Linux

What games you play? - Of course on Linux. Your favorite game?

See a Penny, pick it up and all day long you'll have good luck!
  • I see that I have to start, Currently, nothing. I played Warcraft 3 TFT. It's my fav game.

• I would personally recommend Nexuiz if you are into FPS, great graphics, fast paced frag fest. Also, another great FPS would be Tremulous.

As for RTS like Warcraft 3, there is not much out there.

"I think the meaning of trance has gotten lost in translation over the past few years it doesn't all have to come from a candy shop" - John 00 Fleming, BBC Radio One Essential Mix 2/12/2010
  • Nothing beats a bit of BZflag :)

• So old school :P

While your at it, be sure and check out Nethack :)

"I think the meaning of trance has gotten lost in translation over the past few years it doesn't all have to come from a candy shop" - John 00 Fleming, BBC Radio One Essential Mix 2/12/2010
    • Arcidias sa...
    • Användare
    • 7 apr 2010, 10:32
    Well, ATM I'm playing Frets on Fire with a Wireless Kramer Striker guitar ^^, World of Warcraft (plays flawlessly), Diablo 2 (cuz it's awesome) and Savage 2 because it's ingenious

• Holzhaus sa...
    • Användare
    • 8 apr 2010, 05:30
    I currently stick to Old School Games like Age of Empires II, Stronghold Crusader, Call of Duty 1, Counter-Strike: Source and UT2004.

Except for UT (which has a native version), all games run fine thanks to WINE (→ that's a rhyme, yay!^^)

»When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist.« — Dom Hélder Câmara
    • RAMBOBG sa...
    • Användare
    • 8 apr 2010, 21:06
    I often play the linux games like Battle for Wesnoth or The Mana World ^^

• Really nice to see people who play oldschool games! =)))
    I love those old games, even 1980s stuff like Alley Cat lol. And currently I'm playing Heroes of Might and Magic II.

• Now I play lugaru (http://www.wolfire.com/lugaru) and Battle for Wesnoth

• Do Win and DOS games count?

In anyway, I like to play Retro Invaders, Urban Terror, that chess game which comes along with Ubuntu, sometimes also PokerTH and TeeWorlds.

However... I still gotta admit that I haven't played much in the past weeks.

Hi :)
  • I've played Morrowind on wine for a long time and now I'm just checking out Oblivion and it's pretty great. :>

• At the moment I'm playing a lot of games with Dosbox. Settlers 1+2, Dungeon Keeper, Master of Orion 1+2, Ascendancy and Z. And Commander Keen 1-6 as you can see if you look at my avatar. I really love oldschool games.

• NormanPL sa...
    • Användare
    • 20 nov 2010, 11:29
    I have play: Enemy Territory, Hexen II: Hammer of Thyrion, Unreal Tournament 2004 and waiting for OilRush.

• SILS74R sa...
    • Användare
    • 20 nov 2010, 21:58
    Mahjongg and Monsters at ubuntu ,the other games i play are on emulators like MAME ,SEGA ,Mupen64 ,VICE ,Stella and various Nintendo systems

it isn´t actual playing more like testing watching comparing on several CPU´s

• Mahjongg, Quake, Half-Life 2, Dune 2... and whatever I get a craving for randomly.

• [Raderad användare] sa...
    • Användare
    • 12 aug 2011, 10:55
    RollerCoaster Tycoon...runs perfectly under wine.

• I am curious, if diablo 3 will start xD

• Amurpo sa...
    • Användare
    • 9 sep 2011, 01:28
    lotro works great using wine

• [Raderad användare] sa...
    • Användare
    • 7 maj 2012, 20:08
    urban terror
    flight gear
    oad

most of the time i use the zsnes emulator though.

• Skiye sa...
    • Event Moderator
    • 6 jun 2012, 13:26
    open arena

gens (sega emulator)
    fceultra (NES emulator)
    plants vs zombies
    using wine^

dosbox

• NetHack.

Anonyma användare kan inte skriva inlägg. Vänligen logga in eller skapa ett konto för att göra inlägg i forumen.