LazAre in Borknagar

• DECElVER sa...
    • Användare
    • 22 jan 2007, 19:36

LazAre in Borknagar

what do you mean about his engagement in B?

we are the universe of nothing
    • jukl sa...
    • Användare
    • 22 jan 2007, 21:18
    I don´t know, what to think about it.. Told us something about it. But his engagement in new Winds album will be great, just for sure!

• Husvik sa...
    • Användare
    • 22 jan 2007, 22:17
    His backing voice sure put Vintershit to shame.

• New-era Borknagar sucks compared to old releases with Garm and ICS Vortex...

• DECElVER sa...
    • Användare
    • 23 jan 2007, 09:47
    hehe:) his keycraft is brilant and difference between non-Lars The Archaic Course and Quintessence is in this way high.
    About his vocal: I love his voice and I think that he's much better than Andreas. Backing vocals- in my opinion something like disrespect from Vintersorg. I want and wish he more space in future because White is simply AMAZING!

• IMHO Borknagar without keys (first release with only slight key work of Ivar Bjornson) was far better than the new ones with sucky keys. Best key performance of Lazare can be found on "In Harmonia Universali", "Christiania" hammond solo kickz ass!:)

• DECElVER sa...
    • Användare
    • 24 jan 2007, 06:27
    hmhm:) "Borknagar" CD is great thats no doubt but you cannot compare pure viking/black release with their later production. Its like compare e.g. Emperor's "In The Nightside Eclipse" with Prometheus:)
    Lazare is indeed great "hammond-wrecker" as you can see everywhere, on his Solefald release or Borknagar. I am so much looking forward his performance in new Winds album.

• I didn't have much expectations about Borknagar's Origin, but hey, this actually isn't that bad.

I'm I the only one to notice a few very "solefaldish" passages, bits and pieces on this one? It seems like Lazare is stepping on Brun's toes, which I don't mind at all.

• edit. - doubleposting...

• Husvik sa...
    • Användare
    • 25 jan 2007, 07:08
    cthulhu-fhtagn said:
    I didn't have much expectations about Borknagar's Origin, but hey, this actually isn't that bad.

I'm I the only one to notice a few very "solefaldish" passages, bits and pieces on this one? It seems like Lazare is stepping on Brun's toes, which I don't mind at all.

What? Solefald in Origin? I haven't heard Origin because the one song that Century Media put on their site scared the hell out of me, Vintershit sounds like winter, and shit. God that was unbearable.

I also have to say I am a bigger fan of the older stuff too, the Kristoffer and Simen eras where best.

• [Raderad användare] sa...
    • Användare
    • 29 jan 2007, 14:07
    I'm not following the meaning of the original post- has there been a change in Lazare's 'engagement' in Borknagar that I haven't heard about?

Drone_bitch said:
    New-era Borknagar sucks compared to old releases with Garm and ICS Vortex...

Damn, that's harsh. I love the Mr. V era stuff. Actually I feel it's some of the most powerful, influential music I've heard in the last 5 years...

Anonyma användare kan inte skriva inlägg. Vänligen logga in eller skapa ett konto för att göra inlägg i forumen.