• Chilean Folk

Oh, definitely add Violeta Parra! Lately she's been my constant obsession.

• Browsing through after joining up and saw this group. Figured I would drop in and say Hi.

Some of the groups I dig on:
    Spanish Side
    Sergent Garcia, Macaco, Che Sudaka, Los Pericos, Mozambique, Tito Puentes, Arturo Sandoval, Orishas, Aterciopelados, and Los Rabanes to name a few

Brasilero

• yeah

My main music is rock music, but since im hispanic i love listening to musica latina para bailar...so much fun.

!@#$%^
  • Favorites

Cafe Tacuba
    Caifanes
    Soda Stereo
    Los Prisioneros
    Mana
    Los Enanitos Verdes
    Fobia
    Victimas del Dr. Cerebro
    Manu Chao (even though he's not Latin American)
    Miguel Mateos
    Moenia

I can see through your perfect smile
  • i love Mexicanos y Tropicalia.
    (of course like Colombianos,Espanholes,Peruanos...todo Latinos!)

MANA,Moenia,Cafe Tacuba,Christian Castro etc...
    Caetano,Gilbert Gil,Os Mutantes etc...

• favorite latin artist

Of course my favorite is Juanes!!

• is it samba?

I love brazilian music. And more if they are oldies musics. I like (about Samba)Adorinan Barbosa, Martinho da Vila, Bezerra da silva and others.

"Ser humano e simples" Camus
    • mjcrbt sa...
    • Användare
    • 19 dec 2005, 17:14

Favorite latin artist

i´m portuguese and my favourites are

Liliana Felipe

Omara Portuondo

Compay Segundo

Chingon

Lhasa

Eliades Ochoa

Ibrahim Ferrer

a lot of brazilian artist - see my journal

Redigerad av mjcrbt den 12 jan 2006, 15:16
  • My favorite is Fernando Delgadillo. He has an amazing voice and his lyrics are very poetic.

• DoctorT sa...
    • Användare
    • 10 jan 2006, 23:43
    Hi everyone.

I've gotten up to date adding all your favorites to the group's connections. Now I need to find the time to explore the artists that are new to me.

Thanx for listing your favorites.

Tom

Music, like language, is universal.
  • I'm from Brazil, and the latin artists I like the most are Chingon, Cordel do Fogo Encantado, Jorge Drexler, Lila Downs and Os Mutantes (in alphabetical order, not by preference). :D

I used to listen some Mercedes Sosa and Pablo Milanés also, but I don't have any MP3s of them...

• DoctorT sa...
    • Användare
    • 12 jan 2006, 16:48

Re:

Quoth dr_feelgood:
    I'm from Brazil, and the latin artists I like the most are Chingon, Cordel do Fogo Encantado, Jorge Drexler, Lila Downs and Os Mutantes (in alphabetical order, not by preference). :D

I used to listen some Mercedes Sosa and Pablo Milanés also, but I don't have any MP3s of them...

Welcome, and thanx for the names, a couple of which are new to me (and which I will add to the groups connections).

I made a comment in my last post about finding time to explore the artists that have been mentioned that are new to me. I have found a partial answer. I have tagged the ones available here for streaming with so I (or anyone else) can explore them using the Last.fm player. If you go to the tag page, you can click on Global Radio (provided you have downloaded the Last.fm player). There is also a list of related tags in the sidebar to the right.

Music, like language, is universal.
    • LzF sa...
    • Användare
    • 19 jan 2006, 02:12
    Don't know much latin music other than brazilian, but i definetly like Orishas and Chingon.
    Would you please tell me some similar artists for those, or mariachis?
    From Brazil, where i live, i love Chico Buarque.

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein
  • Gustavo Santaolalla's soundtrack stuff is excellent... Don't know if you'd consider it specifically 'latino' music, but well worth checking out.

Stop the crying and the lying, And the sighing and my dying -Sail on, sail on sailor.
    Free the West Memphis 3 - Cafe Tacuba- Plotting World Domination Since 2005 - Allstars get a discount at Spectrum Prosthetics and Silky Panties.
    • ninoska sa...
    • Användare
    • 18 feb 2006, 21:37

juat???????

q onda gente??????? una pregunta ...... un foro de latinoamerica , en ingles :s
    bueno saludos a todos desde peru
    me gusta el rock en español , solo moderadamente

ninaxxx

• Hay gente q' gusta la musica q' no pueden hablar espanol. como yo....!

Stop the crying and the lying, And the sighing and my dying -Sail on, sail on sailor.
    Free the West Memphis 3 - Cafe Tacuba- Plotting World Domination Since 2005 - Allstars get a discount at Spectrum Prosthetics and Silky Panties.
    • Hannisis sa...
    • Användare
    • 21 feb 2006, 15:28

Favoritos

Mis favoritos son Juanes y aterciopelados ;P

- HannisiS
    • Hannisis sa...
    • Användare
    • 21 feb 2006, 22:34

Green Bananas

Gente (:
    si quieren pueden join my grupo (:

- HannisiS
  • Hi everybody! I adore latin music. It makes me feel happier and also it makes me dance! Of the artists I like Juanes, Julieta Venegas, Kumbia Kings, Gilda etc. I've just joined and very happy!!!

Anonyma användare kan inte skriva inlägg. Vänligen logga in eller skapa ett konto för att göra inlägg i forumen.