Another Last.FM not available in your country thread

• Strahdza sa...
    • Användare
    • 15 nov 2010, 13:35

Another Last.FM not available in your country thread

I live in South Africa.
    I understand Why Last.FM does not work on my Xbox... however what I'm trying to find out is ... is this going to change ?

And I dont mean "Yes somewhere in the future we'd like to support as many countries as possible" .
    I mean , I someone Actually busy trying to sort out licensing for SA (and other countries) with any kind of target date in mind ... 3 months , 6 months , 1 year ?

I'm sure there was a thread (that I cant find now) whereit was indicated that Last.FM will not be available at XBoxLive SA launch time , but soon-ish after.

Yes, I'm a subscriber and I'll probably stay a subscriber regardless, but I'd just like to know what to expect .
    Can I check back with a hopeful glint in my eye every couple of weeks ? or is this something thats unlikely to ever be available in my region ?

Thanx.

• Jacccky sa...
    • Användare
    • 18 nov 2010, 00:29
    You are located in South Africa. Microsoft has restricted the Last.fm Xbox application to Xbox users in the United States and United Kingdom only, please see the FAQ.

• Strahdza sa...
    • Användare
    • 18 nov 2010, 13:43
    Fair enough. so there is no intention of bringing the service to other countries ?

Various posts (regarding the Xbox live launch in SA ) along the lines of
    "Other established features, such as Facebook, Twitter, Zune, last.fm and the video marketplace will not be available in South Africa right away according to Microsoft. "

and
    "Q: Will we have access to Last.FM when the service launches?
    A: We will get access to Last.FM, however it will not be available at launch.
    "
    gave me the impression that although it wont be available at launch , its only a matter of time before Last.FM became available.

Cant say I'm not disappointed by the news ... really dont feel like forking out for a zune pass when I have a perfectly good Last.FM subscription :(

• Strahdza sa...
    • Användare
    • 14 dec 2011, 15:06
    Its been another year now ... still no plans to bring Last.FM to other countries ??

Make it happen. Pleeease!

Anonyma användare kan inte skriva inlägg. Vänligen logga in eller skapa ett konto för att göra inlägg i forumen.