"Not available in your region" replacing "Session isn't valid" error

• markdigi sa...
    • Användare
    • 31 okt 2009, 18:06

"Not available in your region" replacing "Session isn't valid" error

There was an update to the last.fm app today which for me has changed the session error to the region error now, just in case anyone else has this issue, Ive been informed that this is caused by the "geofencing" of the app.

So if you get this and your xbox is in the UK or US (not out of the country), then it means that the app is not available in all regions/areas of the country, which seems a bit odd when you think about it.

• O2fm sa...
    • Användare
    • 1 nov 2009, 04:35

What to do if you see this error

Yes, we updated the error for this case to make it clear why the app isn't working. If you live in the US (all 50 states and its territories) or the UK (including Northern Ireland) and see this error, you should report it to Last.fm here.

-O2
    Microsoft - Last.fm Producer
    This posting is provided "as is" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    • markdigi sa...
    • Användare
    • 3 nov 2009, 18:37

Update on final release?

For those that are in the US and UK that are in theseareas and getting this error is it likely to be resolved when the final update goes live or is to be dealt with on a case by case basis?

• car0170 sa...
    • Användare
    • 18 nov 2009, 17:32

US Virgin Islands getting "Not available in your region" error

I am getting the "Not available in your region" message when I attempt to run Last.FM on Xbox live from within the US (United States) Virgin Islands. As the US Virgin Islands is a territory of the United States I am hoping that this problem can be rectified post haste.

• stiphy sa...
    • Användare
    • 18 nov 2009, 17:59

USVI Region error

Following what car0170 I cannot connect via XBL from the US Virgin Island of St. Croix with the region error. Have used Last.fm on the same internet conection from a PC with no problem though for quite a while.

Contact me if you need IP ranges etc. I'm at the office so I don't know my IP range right now. I use Innovative DSL (the local phone company) to connect.

Sean

• Thanks for letting us know about the territory problem. We are looking into a fix at present.

• The USVI should be working now. Can you give it a try?

• stiphy sa...
    • Användare
    • 20 nov 2009, 00:35

Still no good

Just tried it, still getting region error. My pubic IP is in the 66.248.162.xxx range if that helps.

Thanks,
    Sean

• Ok, I may have pre-empted that fix a little early. Hopefully it should be deployed within the next 12 hours.

• car0170 sa...
    • Användare
    • 20 nov 2009, 23:40

USVI Fixed

Last.fm on XBL for the USVI is now working. Thanks for the quick response. Now if we can get Netflix streaming working this would truly be America's Paradise. Thanks Again

• sooty310 sa...
    • Användare
    • 21 nov 2009, 09:42

Last.fm in Europe

I am a UK resident but am living in The Netherlands for the next year. I downloaded Last.fm but get the "Not available in your region" message when i try to use it. Why can't i use it?

Thanks Alex

• Last.fm in israel

HI
    i'm trying to listen to last.fm via my xbox 360 , and i can not access because
    i get the :"not available in your region" , what can i do?

• Da7em sa...
    • Användare
    • 22 feb 2010, 17:24
    i also cant listen to music via xbl...it shows "not available in your region",im in saudi arabia.

• [Raderad användare] sa...
    • Användare
    • 4 mar 2010, 11:48

UK account, still getting the "Not available in your region"

Right, just to make it clear.

I have an XBOX LIVE GOLD subscription with a UK account, meaning that I paid for this opportunity to use last.fm on my XBOX 360. And what do I get? "Not available in your region".

Microsoft does not care about which country I am in, I have a UK gold subscription, and as a UK citizen I have access to XBOX LIVE, it does not matter that I currently live outside the UK, just like many other people from the UK live somewhere else in the world for a while because of job issues ect. Still I can enjoy Xbox Live, and this is what an international company should do really. Big plus for Microsoft.

As for last.fm ... well, you guys are really taking a bad policy here. You loose thousands and thousands of users because of this US/UK only policy.

What was this partnership with XBOX LIVE worth for then? I have an XBOX LIVE gold UK account, but it does not matter, I am fucked up anyway, because you can't act like a true international company and you simply look at my IP address, oh gosh, it's not in the UK/US, thus fuck of. This is exactly what you communicate via this error message.

As your customer, I demand a reply to my complaint above.

Regards,
    USERNAME: leomcholwer

• bobmonk3 sa...
    • Användare
    • 7 mar 2010, 21:52

South Africa "Not available in your region"

I bought gold membership today. When i was browsing around I found the last.fm link, downloaded it and created an account. And then this.

I understand that there are laws around music but the recording companies make it incredibly hard for the people that do not live in US/UK to experience anything relating to their product.

So Last.fm, you respect the contract you have with XBL and the recording companies but inadvertantly will accept my South African Rands from my South African credit card and allow me to pay you for a service if i use it via a PC. Is that not cheating the system.

I would like to be informed before I make an account that you will not sell me your product in its entirety due to zoning laws and contractual obligations AND i will not be able to purchase a "paid for" subscription with you due to my current location.

It's not like I'm asking for much, you are accepting money and therefore breaking the contracts with the recording companies by allowing me to use a PC from South Africa.

So please start blocking IPs for South Africa, your current attitude is distasteful and I am proud that my friends in the UK all listen to Spotify.

And on that note, at least at Spotify they tell me right from the start that they will not be able to deal with me.

http://www.spotify.com/en/why-not-available/

Unfortunately, due to licensing restrictions we are not yet available in your country. We understand that you are currently in South Africa (your IP address 41.185.x.x). If you believe we have made a mistake, we apologize and ask that you please contact us at support@spotify.com

• fuck we want canada

• bobmonk3 sa...
    • Användare
    • 12 mar 2010, 05:41
    Knapster01 said:
    Thanks for letting us know about the territory problem. We are looking into a fix at present.

I would like a comment about my post above please.

• [spam]

[spam]

Redigerad av Knapster01 den 31 mar 2010, 09:11
    • TriniGen sa...
    • Användare
    • 1 apr 2010, 16:20

caribbean

not available in the caribbean countries any time this is gonna be fixed ?

• kdk520 sa...
    • Användare
    • 3 apr 2010, 00:24

[spam]

[spam]

Redigerad av foreverautumn den 5 maj 2010, 09:59
  • I keep getting the "not available in your region" showing up and it pisses me off, only beacuse i've been an xbox live gold member for 2 years now and my accout is from the states! Due to me being military I live in germany on the economy. being able to NOT access something I paid for is frustrating!

• last.fm

when will last.fm come to Denmark ?

• Well this is a bit awkward...

Here is my situation: I moved to Korea, bought a 360 there. I have a gamertag that is registered in the States (I wasn't bothered about filling in the information properly when I created it). So when I try to download the last.fm program it gives me the same error "not available in your region".

How is this even remotely logical, its the internet. What retard decided to chop it up into "regions"? I guess that this is a problem on the microsoft side and not last.fm's however you guys need to tell microsoft that you want it regionless.

Good job I brought my old xbox, I have xbmc running on it and last.fm works on it perfectly. Oh but wait, I am not in the "right" region. Fuck you M$, if you want people to stop hacking your shit, stop pulling this crap!!

Regardless I am paying for both xbox live and my last.fm account. These restrictions should be dropped. Its the internet for fuck sake.

• Ex0SpY sa...
    • Användare
    • 29 maj 2010, 15:11

Re: Well this is a bit awkward...

DisallowAutoAim said:
    I am not in the "right" region. Fuck you M$, if you want people to stop hacking your shit, stop pulling this crap!!

True! Paying for things you can't use is $#&* to say less! For starters you could make it available in Europe!

• sTormbReaker

why xbox live isnt available in my country and when its going to be ? i live in macedonia

Anonyma användare kan inte skriva inlägg. Vänligen logga in eller skapa ett konto för att göra inlägg i forumen.