Automatic addition of artists to my library?

• Automatic addition of artists to my library?

First let me say I love the app and the service - caveats notwithstanding, having Last.fm on the XBox with the photos is a delight.

Now, here's a beef, and maybe somebody can clue me how to make it not so:

I start playing a artist library, and am listening to the various associated artists of similar tags, and then I notice that the count of artists in *my* library is starting to go up. I have not tagged the artists for my library - they just suddenly appear there with each new play on the Last.fm Xbox app.

Is this some setting I'm missing, or is it a bug in the app? I certainly don't want every artist that gets played on my XBox to end up in my personal library without my explictly having tagged them for such, and if there's no way around this, I may have to stop using the app for anything *except* listening to my personal library.

*edit - Ok, i think it's just my unfamiliarity with the way Last.fm's libraries work, so if that's the case, I apologize for the newbie rant and will resign myself to constant pruning... *

Redigerad av jahochberg den 29 okt 2009, 15:40
  • Try turning off scrobbling.

Goto My Last.fm Profile > Settings > Uncheck Allow Scrobbling.

• Knapster01 said:
    Try turning off scrobbling.

Goto My Last.fm Profile > Settings > Uncheck Allow Scrobbling.

So you're saying scrobbling adds plays in other libraries to "my" library? Is that true on any platform? Or just the XBox?

• [Raderad användare] sa...
    • Användare
    • 29 okt 2009, 15:51
    jahochberg said:
    So you're saying scrobbling adds plays in other libraries to "my" library? Is that true on any platform? Or just the XBox?
    All platforms. Your library is a collection of everything you have listened to (or loved, or tagged), regardless of which station you were listening to. So yes, you will either need to 'prune' tracks that you don't like (or skip them before they have scrobbled), or turn off scrobbling.

(A bit off-topic, but interesting: you might like to know that these are the most-deleted scrobbles on Last.fm!)

• *edit - Ok, i think it's just my unfamiliarity with the way Last.fm's libraries work, so if that's the case, I apologize for the newbie rant and will resign myself to constant pruning... *

Scrobbling will add the music you have listened to your Last.fm profile, the artist will be added to your library.

• Cool, guys, thanks for the support - I appreciate it!

Anonyma användare kan inte skriva inlägg. Vänligen logga in eller skapa ett konto för att göra inlägg i forumen.