last.fm free music player doesn't work

• 160R sa...
    • Användare
    • 30 okt 2010, 17:33
    Thanks, it works now! :)

A note for new vk.com members:

If after openning a VK account Free Last.fm Player stops working (the play button turns grey for every song just like if it wouldn't find the songs) just logout and login again to VK site. If it yet doesn't work, try restarting the explorer.

Can you enjoy ANY kind of music??
    JOIN THIS GROUP!
    • holly75 sa...
    • Användare
    • 3 nov 2010, 18:01
    I seem to be having issues today. The only other time this happened was when I had to download the latest update. So I downloaded it again (to see if maybe there was another update) and still nothing. I click on a play button and it doesn't play - it just sits there like it is trying to play the song.

Oh well....guess I have to listen to my Last.FM radio *grumbles*

Nobody dies a virgin....life fucks us all. ~ Kurt Cobain
  • 160R said:
    just logout and login again to VK site
    Worked like a charm, thanks. I tried literally everything else.

So the "official" fixes are to restart the browser and/or to log out of vk and log back in.

Well, now it's only working with vk logged out.

• fmera sa...
    • Användare
    • 9 nov 2010, 06:46
    success at last! i got the google chrome player working finally :)

...and i just realized that clicking the track-time counter at the top right corner reveals the album tracklist in a pop-up. (but i'm sure everyone knows that already ;)

...and the music continues playing even if you kill the browser window (which is pretty cool since i'm still grappling with the ugliness of the browser....)

...and the dev notes say the extension may crash in chrome 7, but it seems stable so far.

U.G.L.Y. - changing the face of music, one artist at a time.
    there are some things pngs can't fix. for everything else, there's pngoptimizer.
    • fmera sa...
    • Användare
    • 12 nov 2010, 08:12
    ...and i'm back to not being able to play the streams. endless spinning blue buttons. it's all very mystifying...

there are some things pngs can't fix. for everything else, there's pngoptimizer.
    • akrde sa...
    • Användare
    • 12 nov 2010, 08:29
    fmera said:
    ...and i'm back to not being able to play the streams. endless spinning blue buttons. it's all very mystifying...

For me and for many others it seems to work very well, so could the problem possibly be at your end?

• "Easy come, easy go."

fmera said:
    The common problem is that the blue buttons will turn grey without playing the track, even though vk has it in it's database.

Endless spinning blue buttons looks like the browser's not kicking in, like when a page is not loading. You said you really don't like Chrome, maybe you hurt it's feelings.

Restart the browser, restart your computer, log out of your computer, log in to vk, log out of vk, disable and re-enable the extension, ... well, you get the picture. These seem to be the only tools at our disposal to make this player work when it ain't.

• fmera sa...
    • Användare
    • 12 nov 2010, 18:51
    i chucked out the few other extensions i had added to chrome. at first, there was no diff, but then later it started streaming again. who'd've thunk?!

anyway, post-nov 17 blues averted - all's cool now ;p

btw, it does occasionally stream mistagged tracks. must be because they're mistagged at the vk end as well. and i just realized i've never actually signed up with vk.com...

• fmera sa...
    • Användare
    • 29 nov 2010, 18:09
    i think i've finally uncovered the root of my on-again off-again chrome player woes. it has to do with my proxy settings. i can access the internet either via my ISP's proxy server, or directly (which i find is much snappier most of the time, though proxy servers are supposed to be quicker as they cache web pages locally). however, the free player only seems to work with the proxy enabled. so now i leave it enabled for chrome's sake (but since it's a universal system prefs setting, it means it affects all browsers i run, but whatever).

i do still face some start-stop issues occasionally (and there's no way to set any streaming buffer unlike the lastfm app) and it's a bit irritating when that happens, so i either pause till a sufficient portion is cached, or skip to the next song. loading speeds vary greatly from track to track, some load completely within seconds, like they've been cached somewhere beforehand, while others barely keep ahead, the gray bar just slightly ahead of the red one.

so anyway, long story short, if anyone else is still borged by the same experience i've had (yeah, talking to you two guys ;) then try toggling your ISP proxy off and on to see if it changes things. no promises, but at least now it's a reproducible bug for me, mystery solved.

full disclosure:
    i use a mac, running os x snow leopard. so it may be a mac thing.

btw, chrome is webkit-based. so it wouldn't be too hard to write a sister extension for safari 5? like so many other extensions i see that have chrome and safari flavors? hopefully a developer reads this ;)

• CTpeLock sa...
    • Användare
    • 26 jun 2011, 22:45
    Hello! Music I play, but scrobbling does not work. Account pegged scrobbling button glows red. In what may be the problem?

Жизнь – это то, что происходит вокруг, когда ты строишь совсем другие планы © Джон Леннон
    • kantalo sa...
    • Användare
    • 6 jul 2011, 16:29

Re: "Easy come, easy go."

fmera said:
    The common problem is that the blue buttons will turn grey without playing the track, even though vk has it in it's database.

So I've realised allready, that other people have the same problem with playing tracks on the last.fm free music player as me...;-) It's all true with the gray buttons, but lot of tracks became not gray, but stops the playing and don't open...Is it a mystery why? Or somebody knows an explanation? I'm scrobbling under Firefox, I' ve created an vkontakte-account, but than I've never logged in to play last.fm. It's going on without it, but some tracks sucks - they switch in gray without playing, some let starr the player and must be pushed manually to the another track...Somebody knows, what is the reason?

kantalo
  • Play only tracks from library

My player plays files only from my library - tracks I have already listened. If I try to listen something new - a blue "wheel" spins but no result and track names in the window of player become of the new form: " The Beatles – Come+Together">Come Together"

Any suggestions?

Thanks for the help.

• @Dzendzula

I'm stumped. Did you install the patch?

http://snorklr.appspot.com/download/fixed_lastfm_free_player/2.9.61_0.crx

• musicgodlything said:
    @Dzendzula

Dunno what was that, but fixed, thanks)

• DoctorT sa...
    • Användare
    • 11 sep 2011, 23:05
    musicgodlything said:
    @Dzendzula

Error: Not Found
    The requested URL /download/fixed_lastfm_free_player/2.9.61_0.crx was not found on this server.

Music, like language, is universal.
    • Espek sa...
    • Användare
    • 11 sep 2011, 23:16
    I think I have the same problem, but the upper link seems to be invalid. Any other link?

• snyde1 sa...
    • Abonnent
    • 11 sep 2011, 23:45
    The app page indicates the release number is at 2.9.62 - higher than the patch level above - and that could be why the patch was removed.

Improve your view of Last.fm - add some User Scripts.
    Did I hear that right? Mondegreens - for the misheard word. Like Odds? Can't get better than Even Odds!

Speak your truth quietly and clearly; and listen to others, even to the dull and the ignorant; they too have their story.
  • Thank you Snyde1,

That link works, since I just had to do another re-install, but it works again ;-)

Just to note: I rarely use the GC Free Music Player, so the extension simply disappears from my extensions, or disables itself. Have had to re-install twice and re-enable it twice without re-installing, since it first came out. Not sure why this happens, but the two re-installs may be related to new version releases. No explanation for why it periodically disables itself.

• DoctorT sa...
    • Användare
    • 12 sep 2011, 09:42
    I'm still getting the "Error: Not Found" message.

Music, like language, is universal.
    • Espek sa...
    • Användare
    • 12 sep 2011, 18:30
    It works here finally.
    I firstly disabled the last.fm free player extension (go to Google Chrome settings > View Background pages > Last.fm free player > End Process).

After disabling it, I visited this page and installed the free player again.
    Now it's working.

• amyworld sa...
    • Användare
    • 13 sep 2011, 09:37

Free player sounds dodgy

I went to Espek's 'thispage' link to free access player for last.fm.

HOWEVER, my laptop pop up message said the free download could
    'access all my data on all websites' and track everything i do!

So there must be a better way...I cannot allow all data to be accessed.

Opera 11 also says does not yet support last.fm

any new ideas??

• Re: Free player sounds dodgy

amyworld said:
    HOWEVER, my laptop pop up message said the free download could
    'access all my data on all websites' and track everything i do!
    Please read here for more info on this:
    http://www.google.com/support/forum/p/Chrome/thread?tid=30636989775092ba&hl=en

• Poul_G sa...
    • Användare
    • 13 sep 2011, 13:44
    • Lukarox sa...
    • Användare
    • 13 sep 2011, 20:28
    It's not working for me either. It's just playing previews of tracks when available

Edit: never mind, I realized that it doesn't work when you're logged in on VK

• Poul_G sa...
    • Användare
    • 15 sep 2011, 00:30

Fix if LFMP only works logged out of vk.ru

Update fix to 2.9.62_0 Need to change vk.js of plugin to this http://dl.dropbox.com/u/11017240/vk.js In response, the server was a bit rubbish. Go to > Copy past with Start>Run (Windows+R) C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Extensions\bbncpldmanoknoahidbgmkgobgmhnafh\2.9.62_0\javascript\ Change vk.js with new one. Always do backups of the files you change! Thanks to http://twitter.com/#!/Besedin_IU for this quick fix!

Anonyma användare kan inte skriva inlägg. Vänligen logga in eller skapa ett konto för att göra inlägg i forumen.