• paid subscription

I was very disappointed in learning that you need a paid subscription to stream music from the last.fm app. If I don't have to do that when using my browser, why do I have to pay for the iPhone app?

I'd rather listen to a 30 minute ad every time I start a stream than pay a monthly fee for music streaming where I can get the same for free elsewhere.

I don't use last.fm often, perhaps only once every two months to find out new music.

• Re: paid subscription

mcaballer7 said:
    I was very disappointed in learning that you need a paid subscription to stream music from the last.fm app. If I don't have to do that when using my browser, why do I have to pay for the iPhone app?

I'd rather listen to a 30 minute ad every time I start a stream than pay a monthly fee for music streaming where I can get the same for free elsewhere.

I don't use last.fm often, perhaps only once every two months to find out new music.

Agreed. I just logged out of it on my iPhone and deleted it. I'll find something else. I'm the type of person who hates clutter, so I'll look for something that I can use in my browser AND on my iphone. No sense in having 2 products that do the same thing.

• why paid subscriptions for ipad

Okay I've had this last fm ap on my Ipad since i first bought it and my radio stations for my library and recommendations had always been free. Now they're talking about paid subscriptions what's up with that? Most of the music I listen to is music that I've scrobbled to las fm anyway. EVERY TIME I buy a new CD or discover an old gem I scrobble it to Last fm. I absolutely refuse to pay for music that I have already paid for. If Last fm is going to play the greed game like the rest of the corporate freaks then I will no longer support them with my music.

• Oscarete sa...
    • Användare
    • 17 jun 2011, 15:07

Me too

I agree. Now I am unistalling the lastfm app on iphone and ipad. Is useless.

• I'm Switching

I'm moving to Pandora for my iPhone and iPad. I'm very disappointed with last.fm. If they make it free I'll switch back.

• deleted.

Last.FM seems to have taken a huge risk in making iOS users pay a subscription...it's the most loyal userbase in the world and it looks like everyone's jumping ship for Pandora. it's sad to see the #1 streaming app take a nose-dive to the bottom of the bin... I think most people are willing to listen to a few ads now and then, but until Last.FM rethinks this suicidal strategy, I'll go back to other services.

• This is total bs...

I love(d) Last.fm. I could listen online, from my iPhone, or on my 360. When I went into work yesterday and tried to load it up on my iPhone, I was told that I now have to have a subscription? Eff that. Looks like I'll be deleting the app from my iPhone and the data from my Xbox 360.

• Greedy So n So's

Greed!
    I'm off!

• Tecfan sa...
    • Event Moderator
    • 29 jun 2011, 10:31
    This has to do with higher royalty costs to mobile applications, you should read the announcement properly on their blog.

If you're into /, you might enjoy my (free) tracks: Tecfan
  • Now worthless. I'd been putout since seeing the app went to a subscription model so I held out using the trial. I finally decided to go ahead and do the trial, and I skipped 80% of what it recommended. Sure would be nice if it wouldn't count tracks I skip within the first 10 seconds. Total waste. Recommended total crap, then expects me to pay for it? Hah. I think not. I'll never subscribe now.

• tombntn sa...
    • Användare
    • 5 jul 2011, 22:32

put up and shut up

get used to it cause the times are changing and there are new and newer sanctions coming into play . eventually you will have to pay for everything, should be no surprise to you. its not last fm thats greedy, there having to pay in order to continue providing a service. id pay a few bucks a month then have shitty Internet radio broadcasting.

SHAKEN NOT STIRRED
  • Cheap

Its $3 a month for a great service that provides much more than Pandora. If you can't afford $3 a month get a job or buy one less beer, cig, or what ever vice you have each month and contribute to a very helpful site.

• Hmmm decisions, decisions....

So Last.fm informs me that my free sub on both my iPod Touch and iPad have expired.

Do I fork out $3/month or continue to use for free on my PC? Sorry, but while it's not quite goodbye, you're still on my PC - it's just a shame that you've decided to make yourself redundant on my iOS devices...

So why? Actually it's not the cost $3/month isn't even a cup of coffee, burt unfortunately Last.fm haven't actually addressed several of the criticisms raised about the radio stations and their iOS app:

Radio Stations
    Artist selection - so how many time do I actually get to hear Mylene Farmer on my Mylene Farmer Radio (Kylie??? WTF???) Why is my Bettie Serveert station full of Dutch artists? What's the musical criteria? Nationality? Licensing restrictions? Hey guess what CBS? You're the problem!
    No ability to weight or filter stations - Pandora may have a more restrictive database, but at least I can play what I want to hear with no nasty surprises...

The iOS app.
    Unreliable... crashes and there's still no iPad app (and sorry guys, pressing x2 doesn't cut it). There are a host of iPad apps that reference the last.fm API but somehow last.fm or your CBS paymasters can't be bothered... and you still want to charge me $3 for a buggy app?

Then there's the alternatives - Pandora, 8Tracks, Turntable.fm - all great ways of hearing new music based on what I like and my library choices. Spotify looks like it's finally going to launch here in the States and if it is half as good as friends tell me it is, then there's a subscription service that I'll have no problems subscribing to.

• lucyasam sa...
    • Användare
    • 19 dec 2011, 03:31
    [SPAM removed]

Redigerad av c99koder den 20 dec 2011, 22:39
    • fantas00 sa...
    • Användare
    • 4 maj 2012, 09:40
    On mobile devices royalty costs are higher? Isn't laptop a 'mobile' device too? I can take it anywhere I want and I don't have to pay subscription to stream music, so why do I have to pay on my iPad ??? Ridiculous! I'm switching to another service.

• [spam]

[spam]

Redigerad av hjbardenhagen den 12 dec 2012, 13:13
  • [spam]

[spam]

Redigerad av hjbardenhagen den 12 dec 2012, 13:13
  • See my reply here for an in-depth explanation on why we ask for a subscription for mobile and hardware devices:

http://www.last.fm/group/Last.fm+for+iPhone+and+iPod+Touch/forum/103852/_/2039247/1#f18114098

Anonyma användare kan inte skriva inlägg. Vänligen logga in eller skapa ett konto för att göra inlägg i forumen.