Latest app (3.0) of Last.fm for iPhone is VERY buggy

• konst13 sa...
    • Användare
    • 20 feb 2011, 22:50

Latest app (3.0) of Last.fm for iPhone is VERY buggy

Hi,

I've upgraded to Last.fm 3.0 on my iPhone4 (iOS 4.2.1) and could not help noticing how buggy it is. It keeps crashing randomly and also continuously gives me Server Communication Error when I try to search radio for something Last.fm does not know about. Definitely needs more work before it can be considered as a paid subscription service.

Thank you!
    Konstantin

• Thanks for reporting this bug, we'll fix it in the next update. Please let us know if you run into any more issues in the new app.

• Initially the new app was very stable after I updated yesterday, however, it's been quite buggy today. The app has crashed a few times mid-track and I often get long pauses between tracks.

Yesterday I was listening with earbuds, today the iPod is on a speaker dock.

2nd gen 8Gb iPod Touch with iOS 4.2.1

• rdewes sa...
    • Användare
    • 21 feb 2011, 18:41
    Hello there! For me it keeps crashing after 8 - 10 songs while I'm listening to some radio (My Station, Neighborhood, tag, ... ) on 3G network.

The musics play smooth, until it crashes, one time the crash was just after I lost 3G and get Edge.

I did not tried while it was on wifi.

[edit]
    Forgot to say iPhone 3GS

"Look to my eyes and see who I'm. My name is Lucifer, please take my hand!"
    • OldChili sa...
    • Användare
    • 22 feb 2011, 03:32
    I love the new update, it's a massive improvement over the last version.. It's only crashed on me once so far.

• Crash...

updated app (iPod 2nd Gen, iOS 4.2.1), plays half a dozen songs and... ker-rash... Le plus ca change, c'est le meme chose... and you want $3/month... Not really good enough guys.

• ppl_fm sa...
    • Användare
    • 22 feb 2011, 19:20
    I was hoping that the new version will fix the persistent problems with iPhone 3G running iOS 4.2. Not only it didn't, it made things noticeably worse. The program crashes after one or two songs or stops advancing to the new track. The previous version at least worked sometimes - I cannot get this one play for more than five tracks.

A free service would be ashamed of releasing an app like that. And last.fm, last time I checked, was not free.

• It seems that the latest update (3.0) is no more stable than previous versions.

3rd Gen 64Gb iPod Touch with iOS 4.2.1

• I can corroborate these reports that the latest version is substantially buggier than the old app, and that's really saying something! It has issues buffering, advancing to the next track, etc. It also doesn't even do the most basic caching on album art, so use of multi-tasking leaves the app constantly scrambling to update its artwork. This is particularly amusing if you just sit in the app, double-tap the home button (to bring up the task bar) and then tap back into the app. You can actually *watch* the album art go away, come back and then go away again. At least, you can if you don't mind your music skipping and failing all over the place.

Oh, and starting a station *still* appears to block the main UI dispatch thread. The spinner keeps running, but you can't even scroll around and the app gives every impression of having frozen (which, oftentimes it has).

But at least it looks nice!

• [Raderad användare] sa...
    • Användare
    • 24 feb 2011, 20:08
    Last.fm app freezes while loading on Iphone4 on 3G network. It opens up fine when I'm on wireless, but since updating to the latest software, it freezes if I try to open it while on wireless.

Anyone else having this problem?

• We're keeping an eye on the crash reports submitted through iTunes and on the issues reported on this forum, and will be releasing a bug fix update to address the most common issues soon.

• ant2oo4 sa...
    • Användare
    • 25 feb 2011, 10:44
    I'm also having problems using the latest app on 3G on a 3GS running iOS 4.02, it constantly freezes and when it's not frozen it's so slow it's unusable

there's going to have to be some serious improvements before I would even consider paying for a subscription.

• Latest update

ant2oo4 said:
    I'm also having problems using the latest app on 3G on a 3GS running iOS 4.02, it constantly freezes and when it's not frozen it's so slow it's unusable

there's going to have to be some serious improvements before I would even consider paying for a subscription.
    Same here. Just tried to use it for the first time walking around on my lunch break. It froze five times in less than 45 mins. The sound quality also seems worse when it is working (or am I imagining that?). As it stands I'll not be paying when it comes time.

• joepease sa...
    • Användare
    • 25 feb 2011, 19:09
    Man, I've thought about getting the paid service, but this app crashes ALL the time. iPhone 4G, plays a few songs, then crash. Sometimes it crashes just opening. Songs die mid stream... This app needed another round of internal testing before it was released...

The sad thing is, that I've now exhausted the free preview of mobile streaming, and would subscribe, but since the app is buggy, and newer versions probably won't increase my demo time, I have no way of figuring out if the app will actually ever be usable...

• New app crashing on my 2nd Gen 16gb iTouch. I'm still going to subscribe when my trial is up, no matter what. Very happy with Last.fm : ) I get the feeling those "people" who make iPods, don't want this app to work. I'm not happy with them at all right now.

• bare crashn fam, literly happns evry few songs... it was workn bettr wen em was free

• I was very excited about the new app, but it still crashes for me on my ipod touch every 5-10 songs. Sorry guys, but there is no way I'm paying $3 when the app doesn't even work correctly.

• evolkram sa...
    • Användare
    • 7 mar 2011, 19:44

Multitasking issue (just for starters)

Using an ipod touch4 on wifi. Whenever I hit the "read more" to finish reading the artist bios and it opens the browser (safari) the music is still playing. But when I go back to the last fm app and hit the "now playing" to get to the main screen, the app crashes. Not just occasionally, but every single time. I hope there's an update to address this issue soon, because it makes the artist bio feature all but unusable. This isn't the only issue I've had, just the most persistent one.

• crashes after half hour or so on itouch 3rd gen (OS 4.2.1)

yeah was quite excited about updating my app to the latest version today, unfortunately since the app still crashes out after a half hour or so i can't see any reason to start paying for the service, what a shame since it IS a great service when it works

• otto1952 sa...
    • Användare
    • 11 mar 2011, 11:42

Re: Multitasking issue (just for starters)

evolkram said:
    Using an ipod touch4 on wifi. Whenever I hit the "read more" to finish reading the artist bios and it opens the browser (safari) the music is still playing. But when I go back to the last fm app and hit the "now playing" to get to the main screen, the app crashes. Not just occasionally, but every single time. I hope there's an update to address this issue soon, because it makes the artist bio feature all but unusable. This isn't the only issue I've had, just the most persistent one.

I have exactly the same problem. There doesn't appear to be a way back into Last.fm apart from closing the browser, and that crashes Last.fm. The previous version worked fine, and I've uninstalled v3 and gone back to that.

• Re: Re: Multitasking issue (just for starters)

otto1952 said:
    evolkram said:

I have exactly the same problem. There doesn't appear to be a way back into Last.fm apart from closing the browser, and that crashes Last.fm. The previous version worked fine, and I've uninstalled v3 and gone back to that.

how did you go back to the older app?
    i wanted to downgrade to the older one because the new one doesn't work.

• AL3x_Lfm sa...
    • Användare
    • 12 mar 2011, 15:36

iOS 4.3 issue

the app doesn't even open after updating to ios 4.3. please fix it .. so subscribing last.fm isn't worth it.
    please fix it.

when will the new update be available?

• Tons of errors with Last.fm 3.0.0

On my iPod 2nd generation I can get maybe up to three songs before it freezes. A little better on my iPhone 3GS, but not much better. Both devices are running iOS 4.2.1. I am using a wi-fi connection, yet last.fm 3.0.0 is way too SLOW, it looks like it's not caching at all, playing a radio station is torture and there are long lapses between songs since it has to load a large portion of the song before it can play it.

Please, FIX my LAST.FM app. I don't want to continue paying unless I can listen to the music in my iPod/iPhone last.fm app.

• holwill sa...
    • Användare
    • 14 mar 2011, 09:09
    I have found that if you can revert back to IOS 3.1.2 or 3.1.3 it will play all day long, as soon as you go to IOS 4.0 or higher then that is when it starts to crash frequently.
    Alas staying with the earlier firmware renders some apps unavailable.

8GB Touch 3G MC model

• Re: iOS 4.3 issue

AL3x_Lfm said:
    the app doesn't even open after updating to ios 4.3
    Try reinstalling the app from the App Store, as the app should continue to work on iOS 4.3.

Anonyma användare kan inte skriva inlägg. Vänligen logga in eller skapa ett konto för att göra inlägg i forumen.