solution found to Last FM probs on iphone 3g under ios4!!!

• john0380 sa...
    • Användare
    • 10 aug 2010, 20:14

solution found to Last FM probs on iphone 3g under ios4!!!

Ok people, as you all know, we have still not been given a time frame for when Last FM are going to bring out an update to fix the problems us iPhone 3g owners have been having since upgrading to ios4, but I have just discovered a way around the problem. You will need to have a jailbroken iPhone first of all (I only jailbroke mine last week and was very apprehensive about doing but I would highly recommend it, there are so many incredible apps that Apple would not allow into the app store - including one which allows you to multi-task so you can have Last FM running in the background whilst browsing the web for example! (the app is 'backgrounder') - for one reason or another but which will become immediately available to you through Cydia (the unofficial app store) once you have jailbroken it.) You can jailbreak your iphone easily by going to www.jailbreakme.com on the iPhone itself - don't worry, this is now 100% legal and if you're not happy afterwards you can completely restore your iphone on itunes by clicking 'restore to factory settings'... anyway, all you need to do is make sure that you install the two apps 'SBSettings' and 'iMemory enhancer' on your iPhone, which you will find in the Cydia store, then you simply need to open SBSettings by swiping your finger left to right across the task bar (where the time is shown on your iphone at the top). Now press on 'processes' then on 'free up memory'... You will now see the number of KB of RAM memory go up, press on 'free up memory' once more to free up some more, it should go from around 30 to at least 60, or even as high as 80... Now close SBSettings and go to Last FM, it should now work as normal... Hope you find this useful folks...

• I'd be curious to know how that app works -- our app only uses about 7MB of RAM, and since the iPhone 3G can't multitask there should be more than enough memory available -- I'm not sure what Apple managed to do in iOS 4 that's wasting so much memory.

Supposedly Apple is working to address the performance issues on iOS 4 for the iPhone 3G so hopefully they'll have a firmware update available soon. In the meantime, we'll keep trying to optimize our app so it runs properly in the tiny amount of RAM left available on iOS 4 on the iPhone 3G.

• john0380 sa...
    • Användare
    • 10 aug 2010, 22:37
    apparently it creates virtual memory, freeing up an unused portion of the hard drive to be used as Random Access Memory. Actually it seems to work just having iMemory Enhancer installed, I just switched my iPhone off, then on again and started Last FM without clicking 'free memory' in SBSettings and it worked fine. For those of you who are still reluctant to jailbreak your iPhones, trying installing the app 'Free Memory' from the app store (the grey app with the circle, not the dodgy one with blue writing). All you need to do is open the app and it will free up some memory... your iPhone may freeze for a bit, but once it is done try running Last FM. I can't test this as my iPhone is already running the jailbroken app iMemory enhancer, but I know that' Free Memory' works because my RAM readout on my tool bar (another cool feature of SBSettings) goes through the roof when I open it...

• my iphone 3g with 4os cant scrobble musics...
    when lastfm will fix it ?

• i want a real solution ...

• davpt sa...
    • Användare
    • 12 aug 2010, 04:04
    Or, you could get iScrob. No jailbreak necessary.

http://iscrob.com

• john0380 sa...
    • Användare
    • 17 aug 2010, 13:06
    This was a solution to the problems with Last FM crashing, not the scrobbling issue..

• flalvare sa...
    • Användare
    • 18 aug 2010, 20:06
    Apparently, this solved the problem with my iphone 3G (Jailbroken). Been listening music for over 2 hours without the app crashing.

Regards

Anonyma användare kan inte skriva inlägg. Vänligen logga in eller skapa ett konto för att göra inlägg i forumen.