Last FM crashes on Iphone 3g with OS4

• Apple stated iOS 4.1 fixes the performance issues on the iPhone 3G, so hopefully this will fix our app as well. We'll find out when the update is available.

• winmac96 sa...
    • Användare
    • 9 sep 2010, 05:16

There are many apps crashing like this on iOS 4

It is irritating when your favorite iApp is not responsive and crashes all too often. I love the sound quality of the iPhone Last.FM app. Thanks guys. Please look into this problem.

Like I said, many popular apps seems to be acting this way. One of my favorites, USA Today, Time, and even Facebook used to act like this. Facebook got theirs fixed in a jiffy after many irate users complained (including myself). Maybe you can ask them what fixed their crashing problem.

Again, thanks for the nice service. You guys are better sounding than Pandora bar none. I hope you guys won't charge $36/year to sound like this.

Oh, may I suggest to buffer the current song fully in memory. I hate when my favorite song cuts out in the middle after I walk out of the house and the app loads a completely different song. Thanks.

• No change with 4.1

Just updated my "old" 3G to 4.1 but still crashing the exact same way... Bummer, even more considering its now only purpose is to serve as a small media centre.

• Same here, still crashes with iOS 4.1

I recently updated the iPhone 3G and it is still not working. Why does Last.fm not release a software update on the app to correct this issue. I see that other app programs are doing this. I really like Last.fm much more then Pandora, but I have tried out Pandora since this is not working on my phone. I understand these things take time, but this has been since June the iOS 4 came out and it is now 3 months later.

Other then that, thanks Last.fm for putting out something that is so much better (when it works) then Pandora. I look forward to using it again on my phone.

• Not only the iphone. . .

Lastfm app now causes Itunes 10 to crash as well. Not sure if anyone else is experiencing this but its bugging the heck outa me that I can't scrobble.

• We're still working on this issue. In the meantime, if you press the Back button at the top-left of the playback screen, the app should play for much longer. You can press the "Now Playing" button at the top-right to get back to the player screen in order to skip/love/etc.

We hope to have this issue resolved soon.

• Same problem - iPhone 3G iOS 4

This keeps bugging me since iOS 4 is out.

I have found the workaround described above by myself, at least it keeps the app running for more than 3 songs, but it is still very unstable.

My perception is that the pre-buffering of a new stream and/or image retrieval is killing the app.

Please fix this asap - last.fm is definately a killer-app on iPad/iPhone :-)

• c99koder said:
    Apple stated iOS 4.1 fixes the performance issues on the iPhone 3G, so hopefully this will fix our app as well. We'll find out when the update is available.

I've heard 4.2 will magically solve all app problems and allow cats to control iPhones...

Seriously guys, what about a little bit of code optimization?

gentlemen prefer blondes
    • [Raderad användare] sa...
    • Användare
    • 27 sep 2010, 04:29
    My last.fm app for iphone hasn't worked for so long that I forgot I had it installed.

Read: had..past tense.

• [Raderad användare] sa...
    • Användare
    • 27 sep 2010, 07:01

c99koder's 'solution' worked for me

Worth re-stating. Not ideal - but at least the music keeps playing.

"We're still working on this issue. In the meantime, if you press the Back button at the top-left of the playback screen, the app should play for much longer. You can press the "Now Playing" button at the top-right to get back to the player screen in order to skip/love/etc."

• kebec1 sa...
    • Användare
    • 27 sep 2010, 16:21

me too

after installing ios4, last.fm not usable. when it decides to crash, can't even turn off ipod (8gb). must simply wait!

• 3gs

I have this very problem with my 3gs 16gb. even if I push buttons as said by the staff member. Pandora works great through a VPN so looks like that's where I heading. Shame because this app had so much promise.

Here we go again!!!!
  • Okay so obviously many complaining users such as I are still waiting for the fix...hope it doesn't take long! Dearest staff members, you got to understand I simply can't function without that app. I beg of you to take this matter seriously and find us a solution as soon as possible.

• c99koder said:
    In the meantime, if you press the Back button at the top-left of the playback screen, the app should play for much longer. You can press the "Now Playing" button at the top-right to get back to the player screen in order to skip/love/etc.

Workaround working for me. I also have everything disabled except scrobbling. Playing songs for hours and hours again.

c99koder said:
    We hope to have this issue resolved soon.

Christmas is coming...

gentlemen prefer blondes
    • Asdrubba sa...
    • Användare
    • 12 okt 2010, 11:32
    yes LOL.. christmas is coming.. and i want my favourite app.. how long will it take?!?! this is insane :(

• We've submitted and update to Apple that should improve streaming on iPhone 3G and 2nd gen iPod Touches running iOS 4. It should be available through the app store in a few days, depending on how long it takes Apple to approve it.

• Will the update support Retina Display?

• bowenyang said:
    Will the update support Retina Display?
    No, though we hope to support this in a future update.

• batkosta sa...
    • Användare
    • 31 okt 2010, 14:54

batkosta

I downloaded the update but the app is still crashing after 2-3 songs. Thanks for the efforts though.

• batkosta sa...
    • Användare
    • 1 nov 2010, 10:34

batkosta

I spoke too quick. It only crashed the first time I launched lastfm after the update. Hasn't crashed since but I'm always pressing the back button as well.

• I still have this problem after the ios4.1 and last.fm app updates on a 16gb 3g. However the apple iPod app can't get to the end of an hour long podcast without crashing, so the problem is not limited to last.fm.
    Will try using the back button.

I really enjoyed last.fm under ios3.

• Yay

Made it into the 4'th song, pressing the back button does seem to help.

• last.fm app 2.4.0

Thanks for the update, I downloaded it six hours ago. It crashed at the end of the second song, but after relaunching it's been playing fine.
    (2nd gen iPod Touch with iOS4)

• Load of sh*t

Still crashing for me, couldnt be bothered pressing back all the time, or waiting for another update that more than likely wont work either.

I just deleted the app, i'm away to spotify..

Lastfm sucks balls!

• 2.4.zero

c99koder said:
    We've submitted and update to Apple that should improve streaming on iPhone 3G and 2nd gen iPod Touches running iOS 4. It should be available through the app store in a few days, depending on how long it takes Apple to approve it.

Waouh, I honnestly thought it would work this time...

Do you guys have an iPhone 3G to test the app before releasing it?
    Because using "should" in your post tells me none tested it in real life...

gentlemen prefer blondes
Anonyma användare kan inte skriva inlägg. Vänligen logga in eller skapa ett konto för att göra inlägg i forumen.