• Whit3 sa...
    • Användare
    • 10 aug 2010, 00:49
    I too would appreciate a native iPad app.

• Codyvank sa...
    • Användare
    • 14 aug 2010, 10:57
    Is there anyway to scrobble from the iPad once it's connected to iTunes?

This is driving my ocd mind nuts. I usually play from my iPad while reading on the sofa, lying in bed, cooking, ect.

It has become my main music player and I'd hate for my last.fm account to become useless because of it.

• +1

• As soon as last.fm has an ipad application available in Australia, I will buy an ipad :)

• An iPad App would be a good way to go, I would imagine they will hold off until iOS4 is out and running on the iPad.

• We saw Pandora in the background demoed by Steve Jobs this evening, on an iPad running iOS 4.2. The software update's available in November, and it'd be great to have a multitasking iPad app at launch.

• Yes was nice to finally have a date for 4.2 on the iPad, I do hope they update the app to support it on release. I am wondering if they will though. Actually it would be nice to get someone from the last.fm staff to comment on this thread with regards to this.

• Enturin sa...
    • Användare
    • 3 sep 2010, 21:42
    Please make a native iPad app.

• cglong sa...
    • Användare
    • 8 sep 2010, 01:29
    +1. My iPad is what I do 80% of my web surfing on (now included). I know you're probably waiting for 4.2, but I think letting users test the UI until November is a good idea. Not to mention that background playing will already work the day 4.2 is released.

• I got the iPad scrobbler from iTunes and it works! Thank you

• My iPad is currently running the BETA 4.2 software and the current last.fm app for iPhone / iPod works well, it multi tasks fine and the quick controls work.

All it actually needs is a UI design to incorporate the larger iPad screen size. I cannot imagine this is a task that is beyond the last.fm development team. It would be such a shame if this is not done, when other streaming website such as pandora have an iPad app now.

That or may I suggest the code is open sourced so the community can work on and improve the application. I as a developer would be happy to do this.

• ghostseven said:
    That or may I suggest the code is open sourced so the community can work on and improve the application. I as a developer would be happy to do this.

One open source iPhone app, coming up: http://github.com/c99koder/lastfm-iphone

(You'd never be able to get your version near the App Store, though…)

• alexmuller said:
    ghostseven said:

One open source iPhone app, coming up: http://github.com/c99koder/lastfm-iphone

(You'd never be able to get your version near the App Store, though…)

Looks interesting, true no chance of App Store action still there is always Cydia :)

• ghostseven said:
    Our apps are open source, anyone is welcome to contribute changes to our apps that will be incorporated into future updates.

• c99koder said:
    Our apps are open source, anyone is welcome to contribute changes to our apps that will be incorporated into future updates.

Excellent, that is fantastic, I shall try and invest some time in this shortly.

• lukase sa...
    • Användare
    • 26 sep 2010, 11:47

Please, please get us official iPad ap. iSrobble is useless.

Last.fm> please make the iPad app reality. The iPhone app does work on ipad, but the last.fm just begs for being browsed and played on the iPad (and streamed to my stereo via bluetooth...).

Paulsmitz> Tried free version of your iPad app as I was thinking about buying the full one. Did not work for me at all. I could log into last.fm, but there was no way to play my stations or enter an artist. Waste of time trying.

• [Raderad användare] sa...
    • Användare
    • 26 sep 2010, 18:45

Don't bother with an iPad application...

...until you've got round to actually fixing the problems with the ipod/iTouch one. THEY STILL DON'T WORK!

• iphone (ipad) restricted to germany, gb, us

Hi, as user of ipad I expected that I can run the lastfm iphone version on my ipad. BUT the markets outside of Germany, UK and US seems not to be interesting, because not supported. That is quite disappointing. When can we expect to be on the same normal level with your premium markets?

• It's been a real shame to see the downhill trend of support for mobile devices for Last.fm– Compared with the closest competitor (Pandora), the state of the Last.fm app is just embarrassing. It'd be one thing if CBS decided to foolishly ignore the App Store altogether, but they have a plethora of offerings already present, leaving little room for excuse.

• gurari sa...
    • Användare
    • 3 dec 2010, 13:58
    I think an ipad app would be helpful, especially if it had some of the management components that the website offers for favorites and playlists. I would use last.fm itself off of safari, but well, you know how that goes...

• JustSid sa...
    • Användare
    • 8 dec 2010, 19:30
    I would love to see an iPad app too. I'm an experienced iOS developer myself, so I'm wondering if there is some kind of public API for last.fm?

• JustSid said:
    I would love to see an iPad app too. I'm an experienced iOS developer myself, so I'm wondering if there is some kind of public API for last.fm?
    There is an API, and you can fork the current app on Github!

• JustSid sa...
    • Användare
    • 9 dec 2010, 17:06
    Great! Thanks for the info

• JustSid sa...
    • Användare
    • 13 dec 2010, 11:28
    Okay, so yesterday I began with an native iPad app, or to be more precise: I started with an Objective-C wrapper for the Last.fm API (I also looked into the iPhone app, but there was nothing reusable. The code itself was so dirty that I'd spend the whole week refactoring this. Sorry @ the one who wrote it, but it looks like you had no idea about the underlying iOS Frameworks (copying an already autoreleased object to autorelease it again?! Srsly?!)

Well, however, it works really good so far, it can already play the recommended station. This would be totally enough for me, but I decided to do the rest also while I'm on this. However, I'm not a last.fm pro, so I have no clue what the pros want from an app. Just putting everything the API delivers randomly into it doesn't look like an good idea, so I'm asking you pros: What do you want from an Last.fm iPad app?
    Please tell me your ideas (sorry for hijacking this thread), as I have totally no idea but I see this also as chance to learn more about last.fm.

And because I love showing screenshots (even when they don't tell anything at all), here is a small screenshot of what I've got so far (too bad that the most stuff isn't UI related):

(Please don't mind that the master view controller is empty yet).

Edit: Forgot to mention it, I will put the source soon into an github repository, however, there are some things that need to be changed before I'll do that

• Dude, that's awesome man. Personally, I'd love to have all the features that the iPod has. I mean, full functionality is ultimately the end goal for anything, right?

Anonyma användare kan inte skriva inlägg. Vänligen logga in eller skapa ett konto för att göra inlägg i forumen.