Server Communication Error

• Server Communication Error

Hi, I've been using the latest iPhone last.fm app for a couple weeks now. I've been happily streaming radio over 3G on AT&T networks all week.

Today, all I get is this:

Server Communication Error
    There was a problem communicating with the Last.fm servers. Please try again shortly.

Can anyone on last.fm side confirm if this problem is with their servers or not? The paranoid streak in me wonders if AT&T just firewalled my ass for streaming music all day long.

• I'm getting the same error message on my iPhone, looking into the issue now.

Update: This was a bug on our end and has been fixed. iPhone radio should be working again.

• c99 you are the man. I am back in business. Thx!

• Server connection error

I'm getting this same error message as of today. Also when I log on it's not showing any recently played or artists or anything. I am running 2.1.0.

• The recent stations are stored locally on your phone, so it sounds like either the settings or the database are corrupt. Try logging out and back in, or reinstalling the Last.fm app.

• vilocaro sa...
    • Användare
    • 2 feb 2010, 07:41

Again same problem

It's a few days i get the servers communication problem, i logged out and logged in but didn't fix the issue. Could u please check it's all ok at your end?
    Thanks

• problem

I have the same message! Whath a f?

• I've also been having the same issue for several days, and cannot manage to fix this by reinstalling or logging in and out again.

• Kate0918 sa...
    • Användare
    • 3 feb 2010, 09:25

I have the same problem

It's really annoying!

• It's working fine on my iPhone. Is there a specific station that's causing the problem? Are you listening over Wi-Fi or 3G? Where are you located?

• same problem

Hey yeah im getting the same problem "server communication error" Im using Ipod touch over Wi-Fi and I am in Canada Toronto Ontario and i have been experiencing this for over week now and no worries free app cant really complain thnks oh right its for all stations even when i click on my library and i also tried logging off and on same problem

• JaVaFan sa...
    • Användare
    • 3 feb 2010, 22:26

server issue

I´ve got the same problem over 3G as well as over Wifi. I´m running the latest update and have tried both logging out and reinstalling. I´m in Sweden right now, and have been for a while. It has worked fine up until now, so it seems odd if it´s a location issue all of a sudden.
    Pls advice?

• Is anyone in the US, UK, or Germany experiencing this issue? It's possible those of you outside of those 3 countries have exceeded your 30 track free trials. We do not distribute the app outside of US, UK, and Germany, so the current version of the app does not support displaying your free trial status.

• Server Comm Error

I'm getting the same "Server communication error" problem with the iphone app.

I'm an American living in Taiwan and last.fm is the only good source of music here. I love you're service and would be very happy to get it back up and running. Any suggestions?

• JaVaFan sa...
    • Användare
    • 4 feb 2010, 09:10

server comm error

I´m way beyond any 30 track trial. I´ve used Last Fm for the iphone for well over a year in different locations around the world.

• oralolle sa...
    • Användare
    • 4 feb 2010, 13:55

Server comm error #252

Hi,

I have been using the app in Hungary in the last few months and it worked well up till about a week ago. A tried loggong out and back in, also reinstalled the app (on my iPhone 3GS), neither of those helped.

What's the point of restricting the use of the service to those 3 countries? (if you detect my problem as not a technical one). So far I had the impression that the best point of the Internet (based services) is that it ignores county borders...

thx for your help

• server comm error iphone

"Please try again shortly." is not motivating me to sign up or give money. On the signup form nothing explains whether this will work again for iphone for France or not... I've been using this for more than a year without a problem until this week.

• We cannot legally stream to mobile devices outside of the US, UK, and Germany at this time. Our lawyers are negotiating with the record labels, and we hope to be able to release the app in more countries in the near future.

Also, be aware that Last.fm radio is not free outside of the US, UK, and Germany. A last.fm subscription is required to listen to radio stations beyond your 30 track free trial. We have an exception for the iPhone client so users that had previously downloaded it in France, Spain, and Canada can continue listening. I am waiting to hear back from the radio team on whether this has changed, I'll update this thread when I've heard back from them.

• akrde sa...
    • Användare
    • 5 feb 2010, 11:40
    Could you please ask the radio team too if there are any news about all the record labels that have pulled off all their content from Last.fm mobile apps?

Thank you!

• Same problem here in France, over 3G, with an app that has been downloaded in summer '09. Worked very well that far, hope this "exception" will soon get back :]
    Thanks for bringing and supporting it, last.fm team.

• Same problem here. I'm in the Netherlands by the way.

• Yes, same here, in Italy, but I tried with an UK proxy via Wi-Fi and it worked, so... :-/ let's hope it'll work again even without proxy.

• Jonty sa...
    • Alumni
    • 8 feb 2010, 18:18
    I just spent a good hour tracking down the obscure cause of this - the fix will be released tomorrow!

Cheers,
    --jonty

• frvjum sa...
    • Användare
    • 8 feb 2010, 19:26
    Jonty escribió:
    I just spent a good hour tracking down the obscure cause of this - the fix will be released tomorrow!

Cheers,
    --jonty

Cheers indeed

• Jonty said:

Cheers,
    --jonty

Yep, same problem in Brazil. It worked fine for more than a month...
    Thanks Jonty!

c99koder said:

We cannot legally stream to mobile devices outside of the US, UK, and Germany at this time. Our lawyers are negotiating with the record labels, and we hope to be able to release the app in more countries in the near future.

Also, be aware that Last.fm radio is not free outside of the US, UK, and Germany. A last.fm subscription is required to listen to radio stations beyond your 30 track free trial. We have an exception for the iPhone client so users that had previously downloaded it in France, Spain, and Canada can continue listening. I am waiting to hear back from the radio team on whether this has changed, I'll update this thread when I've heard back from them.

I downloaded it last year and was quite happy using it.

But it doesn't make sense I can listen to streaming radios from france, uk, us with other radio apps but cannot listen to with last.fm, because of some legal issue. It would seem that both are providing the same service and from the same country. What is the difference from listening to pirate radio (LA), k-rock (NY), XFM (London) from your service?

What you offer is a fantastic way of getting to know about new bands that might not be in the mainstream radio loop. Why not keep this up?

Thanks for the information!

Regards,
    Jeca

Anonyma användare kan inte skriva inlägg. Vänligen logga in eller skapa ett konto för att göra inlägg i forumen.