iPod app in other countries?

• zoyb3rg sa...
    • Användare
    • 20 jun 2010, 10:31
    There is an app for other contries... but it's only a scrobbling app.... and you have to jailbreack the Iphone/iPod touch.... I know, it's just to mention there is a solution, if you really want it.

• To be honest - why concentrate on an application to stream music (where you need licensing agreements and stuff) instead of doing the simpler things first - like a simple scrobbler? I don't know the language used for iPhone/iPod applications but I think its fair to believe it's some OOP language with high code reusability. So, let's do the scrobbler (without streaming content and thus without license negations) so we can scrobble our own music on our own iPods and iPhones and once you've negotiated the licenses you can create another app where you can reuse the code from the simple scrobbler. As a programmer (though new to mobile development) that's what I'd do...

By the way, I need the stuff from Apple Store France.

• mpr1993 sa...
    • Användare
    • 24 jul 2010, 22:59

Italy

Italy wants it!!!!!!

• [Raderad användare] sa...
    • Användare
    • 26 jul 2010, 17:27
    Germany has it, but I don't really get the point of it :D

• Gitoor sa...
    • Användare
    • 30 jul 2010, 14:37
    Holland! :D

• Please make it available in Belgium

I am about to pay for a subscription, but will not do it if I can't listen to last.fm on my ipod...

• BensonIV sa...
    • Användare
    • 5 sep 2010, 22:20

Re:Re: Re:Why?

c99koder sa:
    akrde said:
    What is the reason for the app not being available in other countries than UK, US, Germany?
    Our mobile streaming license with the record labels currently only covers users in the US, UK, and Germany. Our lawyers are currently negotiating with the labels and we hope to be able to release the app in more countries in the near future.

Then why is the android version available in Sweden, and not the iPhone version?!

• Användare
    • 7 sep 2010, 08:09

Taiwan

As a paying customer I'd like to use last.fm on my iPod touch. Unfortunately I have an Austrian iTunes account and live in Taiwan. Double no-no I guess... :(

• akrde sa...
    • Användare
    • 7 sep 2010, 08:22

Re: Re:Re: Re:Why?

BensonIV said:
    c99koder sa:
    akrde said:
    What is the reason for the app not being available in other countries than UK, US, Germany?
    Our mobile streaming license with the record labels currently only covers users in the US, UK, and Germany. Our lawyers are currently negotiating with the labels and we hope to be able to release the app in more countries in the near future.

Then why is the android version available in Sweden, and not the iPhone version?!

AFAIK the android version can't play music in non-US/UK/Germany countries.

• Portugal please

• Ironekk sa...
    • Användare
    • 8 sep 2010, 20:58
    Polish please :))

• Användare
    • 9 sep 2010, 08:57

Holland needs it!

Why are you guys taking so long to get it done!
    Spotify is taking over the world and you are walking behind them.
    Please fix it for the rest of the world (Holland!)

• America isnt the only country on this world.... >_>

• I live in Switzerland. Does this mean I can't get the iApp even if i'm a paying Last.fm subscriber?

• It used to work in Canada, now it doesn't. I'm pretty disappointed

• Australia!!!

i noe allot of people who use it here in australia... its a shame that when i listen to my music on my iPhone dock i cant scrobble =| tbh if it were any good id defiantly pay up to the amounts of $20 or more so i can listen to some of my friends music as well as mine... its the same as paying $20 for a new CD, im just getting a thousand different artist and a thousand different songs with full portability... Its funny that 2 years ago a staff member stated on this forum topic that they were working on a international version, almost 3 years is quite a long wait =(

Blergh CAMERON just posted here <3
  • MEXICO !!!!!!

• serx13 sa...
    • Användare
    • 24 sep 2010, 16:00

Russia!

we want this app!!

• Largooo sa...
    • Användare
    • 24 sep 2010, 20:07

Yes!

Please add an application to Russian App Store! Hard for you?

• nickkoko sa...
    • Användare
    • 5 okt 2010, 23:16
    I want it in Canada! :D

• spadict sa...
    • Användare
    • 7 okt 2010, 15:12

Canada?

Come on guys, I just subscribed for a year blindly expecting the app to still be available for iPhone, like it was a year or so ago.

I dock my phone into speakers so without the app you are leaving me high and dry.

• spadict sa...
    • Användare
    • 7 okt 2010, 15:22

How to trick iTunes

I just complained, but have a solution for anyone who wants this app in another country.

Get a US iTunes account > http://support.apple.com/kb/ht2534

Pretty easy to fake

• Someone is bound to have said this before but

Just download the app from the US iTunes store and then stream normally with your account (if you have an account and are from a different country you are bound to be a subscriber).

It works perfectly over any decent data connection.

• Re: How to trick iTunes

spadict said:
    I just complained, but have a solution for anyone who wants this app in another country.

Seems ok with me here in France !
    Thanks a lot, Dude.

• stager04 sa...
    • Användare
    • 14 okt 2010, 07:08
    Russia please!

Anonyma användare kan inte skriva inlägg. Vänligen logga in eller skapa ett konto för att göra inlägg i forumen.