• LastFM in Mango

Hey,

Any idea weather LastFM plan on using the new Mango APIs, Multitasking and Background Processes to allow scrobbling using the native music client?

• elbowz sa...
    • Användare
    • 21 apr 2011, 20:33
    Seconded... desperately need live scrobbling from Zune player...

• Why hasn't any Last.FM moderators replied to this? I really look forward to scrobbling my music with the Mango update and hopefully there'll be APIs that will allow Last.FM to do this.

• I'm also looking forward to this. Hopefully it can be done in Mango. The new dev tools were released on the 24th May.

• Pretty sure Mango will give the Last.FM Developers all they need to do Scrobbling, just a case of them updating the app.

• This could be awesome. The only 2 available scrobble tools - Zuse and Zenses - both desktop-based - have stopped working and development is stalled. I'm just hoping the new Mango API will allow background scrobbling right on the device!

• ralpagot sa...
    • Användare
    • 19 jul 2011, 19:01
    Would love live scrobbles!

• is scrobbling from the app ever going to be fixed?

• Qth sa...
    • Användare
    • 5 aug 2011, 21:02
    Yes we need scrobbling from the native music player!
    Will be awesome! :)

• ..any news?

• still no response?

Poor show...

• I've started a feature request on the new Windows Phone 7 feature request website, proposing the idea to further integrate musical social media sites such as last.fm in to the Zune client and phone music player. https://windowsphone.uservoice.com/forums/101801-feature-suggestions/suggestions/2281723-integrate-other-musical-social-media-within-zune-

• Sayuuk sa...
    • Användare
    • 29 sep 2011, 11:24
    Please update the app...

Streaming in the background would be great =)

• qntmfred sa...
    • Användare
    • 3 okt 2011, 19:34
    Please update the app...

Streaming in the background would be great =)

• eZ195 sa...
    • Användare
    • 3 okt 2011, 20:22

come on Last.fm catch up

slacker already has the ability to stream in the back ground! where's ours?

• Izzmo sa...
    • Användare
    • 4 okt 2011, 17:20

Are you guys asking the right question?

Does the Last.FM team actually develop the WP7 app, or did Microsoft create it?

• Sayuuk sa...
    • Användare
    • 4 okt 2011, 19:28
    there is a new version out (should be offered to you sooner or later) - v3.0.0.0 (although it says Version 3.1 when you actually open it).

==> Mangofied

Works perfectly, faster, streaming in the background etc =P

P.S.: I had to delete/redownload the app as it wouldn't let me login, but now it works the way it should!

• Sayuuk said:
    there is a new version out (should be offered to you sooner or later) - v3.0.0.0 (although it says Version 3.1 when you actually open it).

==> Mangofied

P.S.: I had to delete/redownload the app as it wouldn't let me login, but now it works the way it should!

How do you know this? :O

• jdobem sa...
    • Användare
    • 6 okt 2011, 15:26

International marketplaces...

And in other international marketplaces, like Portugal, for example ?
    Thank you

• Last.fm in Russian Federation on the WP 7.5 Mango

Application for last.fm not available in my area. Please, add the Russian Federation to the allowed list in Marketplace.

• Sayuuk sa...
    • Användare
    • 7 okt 2011, 19:32
    astronomo10 said:
    Sayuuk said:

==> Mangofied

How do you know this? :O

Because I got offered the update (via Marketplace...) and I am using those features ;-)

• _goatboy sa...
    • Användare
    • 8 okt 2011, 13:37
    Still no scrobbles in the updated version. At least not as far as I see, I could be being exceptionally blind.

• Sayuuk sa...
    • Användare
    • 8 okt 2011, 15:17
    _goatboy said:
    Still no scrobbles in the updated version. At least not as far as I see, I could be being exceptionally blind.

Nope, don't think it's in there right now...

(I don't really miss it though... I'm happy streaming in the background etc works =P )

• updated to latest version from marketplace. No scrobbling from zune player on phone. HELLO? the whole point of last.fm was to scrobble. wtf is this insanity? :(

• hey guys, i investigated a little more after my previous rant.
    non technical version: its not possible to scrobble while using the native player.
    the only way to do it right now is the way mahscrobble does it.

technical version:
    background tasks can only be triggered by timers. not events (no way to trigger the task when the song changes)

even worse, NowPlaying API is not accessible for background agents. and there is no api to get the MediaHistory items.

i apologize to last.fm . its not their fault.... background agents are not enough.

in order to scrobble in the background Microsoft either allows "plugins" to the native applications, or expand the apis to:
    1)read MediaHistoryItems
    2)allow so via ScheduledTasks.

edit:

im a novice in wp7 development, i could be wrong, but i think its unlikely.
    some sources:
    MediaHistory Members
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/microsoft.devices.mediahistory_members%28v=VS.92%29.aspx

Unsupported APIs for Background Agents for Windows Phone
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh202962%28v=vs.92%29.aspx

Background Agents Overview for Windows Phone:
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh202942%28v=vs.92%29.aspx

What’s New in the Windows Phone SDK 7.1
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff637516%28v=vs.92%29.aspx

Anonyma användare kan inte skriva inlägg. Vänligen logga in eller skapa ett konto för att göra inlägg i forumen.