Unavailable albums

• suominen sa...
    • Användare
    • 1 dec 2011, 12:51

Unavailable albums

Hi!

Love having Last.fm recommendations in Spotify. I've had that through the Logitech Media Server (former Squeezebox Server) already through the iPeng UIs, and liked it there too.

However, I keep getting recommendations for albums that are not available in my country. It would be nice if Last.fm would not recommend unavailable music.

In the Spotify application itself there is an option to "Hide unplayable tracks," so maybe the Last.fm app could check that setting as well.

Cheers,
    + Kimmo

• FofR sa...
    • Alumni
    • 1 dec 2011, 15:05
    We are doing the album availability checks based on your location, so you should only see albums you can actually play.

The location used is based on your IP. We've had some problems where incorrect albums are shown if your Spotify country doesn't match the country we get from the IP. We're looking at potential solutions to this.

• suominen sa...
    • Användare
    • 5 dec 2011, 19:51
    With Spotify Premium it doesn't matter which country I am in. What matters is the country of my Spotify account. The Spotify software knows the country -- it would make sense that the Spotify platform exposes either the country or the availability of music on the account to you.

One of the things I like about Spotify is that it works when I travel.

• vurtua1 sa...
    • Användare
    • 12 dec 2011, 09:03
    I've got to disagree with you on this - I am a UK resident, I haven't left the country in 8 years, I'm a Spotify UK Premium user, and I keep getting recommended Red Hot Chili Peppers, By the Way, which is unavailable in the UK. Doesn't bother me much, but it's a shame, a wrinkle if you will.

• zzzchand sa...
    • Användare
    • 16 feb 2012, 10:36
    Bumping this- I'm in the UK, getting Nightlife as a recommendation, and then being told it's not available.

Anonyma användare kan inte skriva inlägg. Vänligen logga in eller skapa ett konto för att göra inlägg i forumen.