Error 102: We couldn't reach Last.Fm

• Error 102: We couldn't reach Last.Fm

1ST!

Thanks LastFM.Is a great APP!

So,
    It's not working when i want to see my : 'most played albums in the 3 months' code 102

:(

Thanks.

• Hi, thanks for your feedback.

That code usually means there's either a problem with your internet connection, but it could also be caused by our services being down. As far as I know, everything is running fine on our side, so can you please double check your network connection, firewall settings, etc; restart Spotify and try again. Thanks.

Is it Christmas yet?
    http://www.last.fm/christmas
  • Are you connecting through a proxy? I am, and I get the same message with every app. I think that Spotify apps don't work with a proxy. Unfortunately this is a Spotify client issue, not Last.fm.

Andrew

• tramp66 sa...
    • Användare
    • 1 dec 2011, 13:59
    Seems how @andrew_j_w described. With a proxy no app work.

• Same from me...

But we don't have a proxy server here, just VERY tight firewalls. Is this transport over HTTP/S ?

• Error 102

I get error 102 only for albums played in the last 3 months - everything else works fine. That's with no proxy, and I get the same result if I turn off the firewall.

Otherwise I love the app, if only because it has found my Last.fm loved tracks that I didn't know were on there because Spotify apparently can't spell: I just played Billy Joel's "Root Beer Bag" *rolls eyes* (So thank you for Last.fm's autocorrect feature which lets me scrobble that as Root Beer Rag!)

• I get 102 for everything, can't even login or scrobble..

No proxy activated (in browser or spotify).. no restrictive firewalls.. any ideas what it could be?

• @Maddieman Hi Developer Maddieman

Works fine to me now,thanks,I just don't see the cover art,but,its great!
    Thanks!!

• Fullmettall I'm glad to hear you got it working.

For those that are still having problems with this, our developers are investigating the issue, but in the meantime it would help if you could tell us what country you're in, and what language your Spotify client is using (you can see that in Spotify preferences).

General information such as operating system type/version, and a basic overview of your network setup would be helpful too. For example: are you behind a proxy? Are you using wireless or wired connection? Do you use any firewall software? Are you using a work or home network? Is there any other information you think might help?

Is it Christmas yet?
    http://www.last.fm/christmas
  • OK... clicking on Last.FM app link gives me the T&C's tickbox form, then error 102

1) are you behind a proxy? NO
    2) Are you using wireless or wired connection? Wired
    3) Do you use any firewall software? YES
    4) Are you using a work or home network? Work
    5) Is there any other information you think might help? As I mentioned above, pretty much the only traffic allowed through work's firewall is HTTP/HTTPS. I've not tried this from my home yet, hopefully it works there. Also, I added the Guardian app and this just shows the busy icon - not sure if it's the same problem.

• @NoiseXTerror: It sounds like certain traffic is blocked by your company firewall. Have a word with your network administrator, and make sure the Spotify client has access to the internet via your firewall/security software.

• Alainn sa...
    • Användare
    • 2 dec 2011, 12:39
    language: english
    operating system type/version: XP (SP3)
    network setup: home, no proxy, 1 desktop (wired) and 1 netbook (wireless)
    Both get a the same error
    firewall software: standard windows firewall + PeerBlock (when disabled the problem remains)
    Is there any other information you think might help? The Spotify client has had a lot of problems synchronizing playlists since the update.
    Spotify Unlimited subscription.

New: Obscure Music Blogs a collection of music blogs with rare/obscure music from all genres
  • @Alainn: Can you try the suggestions here please?

• Alainn sa...
    • Användare
    • 2 dec 2011, 13:29
    Knapster01 said:
    @Alainn: Can you try the suggestions here please?
    I tried it on the desktop one first and it didn't work (removed Spotify with Revo Uninstaller to remove any traces).

I did notice some differences between the desktop client and my netbook: playing music on the desktop no longer shuts off the music playing on my netbook and the client on my netbook has reverted to the 0.6-version 0_o

I'll update if I see a change when I try it on the netbook.

Update: I forgot to mention that since I'm Unlimited I have no option to play offline, so if Spotify would be blocked it shouldn't be able to play music like it does now.

Update 2: Both the desktop and the netbook client get an "unknown reply from server, one track in cache" flash by in the Preferences when scrobbling (they are being scrobbled however).

New: Obscure Music Blogs a collection of music blogs with rare/obscure music from all genres
    • Snover sa...
    • Användare
    • 2 dec 2011, 19:08
    General information such as operating system type/version: Mac OS X 10.6.8
    Are you behind a proxy? no
    Are you using wireless or wired connection? wireless
    Do you use any firewall software? yes, Little Snitch
    Are you using a work or home network? home
    Is there any other information you think might help?

1. Disabling Firewall rules does not fix broken content.
    2. last.fm thinks that my settings have changed every time it loads after Spotify is restarted, even though they have not.
    3. Number of scrobbles: works
    4. Recommended albums: works but seems to be based only on Spotify plays or something (in any case, they are pretty bad)
    5. Albums played: error 102
    6. Recent tracks: error 4
    7. Loved tracks: works

• Draecas sa...
    • Användare
    • 9 dec 2011, 13:21
    Can we get a list of ports and protocols being used for last.fm app integration, so I can look into getting our firewall opened?

• I've got Spotify preferences to use my work's proxy and that works fine, but it doesn't appear that the apps are using the proxy, rather they're just trying to go through direct request, which is blocked at my work (hence the error)

There are some other parts of spotify main app that don't work for me either as a result of not using the proxy setting, like Facebook profile pictures. Annoying.

• Work Firewall

If you are seeing this error make sure you have given the Spotify client full access in any firewall or security software you are using. If you are at work, make sure that your network traffic is unrestricted.

I'm lucky Spotify works at all through our corporate firewall, there is NO WAY I am going to ask IT to start allowing unrestricted network traffic - this will just lead them to close the whole app down.

Why can't it use http and just be subtle and discreet, or am I missing something...?

• ...and lo and behold it now works. Pretty certain our firewalls not changed (takes three weeks for them to change anything) so last.fm must have improved this app. Thanks chaps!!

• still not working for me

• [Raderad användare] sa...
    • Användare
    • 24 dec 2011, 15:56

Not working

General information such as operating system type/version: Windows 7 Starter 32-bit / Windows Home Premium 64-bit
    Are you behind a proxy? NO
    Are you using wireless or wired connection? 3G (stick)
    Do you use any firewall software? Windows Firewall
    Are you using a work or home network? Home

Is there any other information you think might help?

Albums played in last 3 months doesn't work, error 102
    Try again - no help
    Internet connection fine
    Spotify Premium

• My error 102 appears consistently each time I open the app w/in Spotify.

1) are you behind a proxy? No.
    2) Are you using wireless or wired connection? Wired.
    3) Do you use any firewall software? I use ZoneAlarm, BUT with all its alerts enabled and I have seen no interception notifications. Logs concur.
    4) Are you using a work or home network? I have a network but am using everything on a single pc - albeit behind a router, with limited filters, none of which ought to be impacting Spotify's communications.
    5) Is there any other information you think might help? Yes, nearly every app or script I have used in conjunction with Last.fm has run into authentication issues, often because my username has a space, as you see. Please feel free to offer me an alias username without the space, so that I can confirm this is the issue.

One other possible contributing factor - Since Spotify caches utilize so much disk storage, I have frequently run quite low on available/unfragmented space. Although as I said, this error has never NOT occurred, even after removal of cache files and a defrag.

• 1. HTTPS proxy @ work
    2. Wired connection.
    3. No firewall software but hard firewall
    4. Work
    5. Previously Spotify could autodetect my proxy settings fine, recently I had to alter this and input them manually (no idea if that's because something changed with the work network, a lot of people here use Spotify and nobody else complained about it no longer working though)

I should add that scrobbling works fine, I just get the 102 error when trying to browse anything in the lastfm app, also the recommended albums list is never updated and I can't remove any of the albums that are there.

• Recently played albums BLANK

Behind Firewall? NO
    Connection: Wired
    Software Firewall: NO
    Windows 7 Professional 32-bit English
    Spotify 0.8.1.76.g4773b858
    Last.fm plugin v1.0.6
    Spotify Language set to Auto-Detect but I am American English
    Attached is screenshot (click for bigger)

• Nice that others have experienced the problem; just checking in to see whether anyone's experienced any solutions.

Anonyma användare kan inte skriva inlägg. Vänligen logga in eller skapa ett konto för att göra inlägg i forumen.