• New Services

I'll post notes on new services or service upgrades here. I'll update it as we add stuff to the API. If you have individual service requests, start your own thread with your request.

October 14 2009 - Forum thread: New Geo Services: Metro charts

* geo.getMetroArtistChart
    * geo.getMetroTrackChart

* geo.getMetroUniqueArtistChart
    * geo.getMetroUniqueTrackChart

* geo.getMetroWeeklyChartlist

July 2nd 2009

* user.getRecentStations

Apr 22nd 2009

* Radio API Overview
    * radio.getPlaylist
    * radio.tune

You can now use the radio APIs to stream music to paid last.fm subscribers.

Dec 5th

* group.getMembers
    * user.getRecommendedArtists

Oct 28

* user.getRecommendedEvents : an authenticated call to get event recs for a user.
    * playlist.create : You can now create playlists (with optional title and description) for a user with this authenticated call. It will return some info about the new playlist including the ID.
    * library.addAlbum
    * library.addArtist
    * library.addTrack

September 29

* album.search will search albums by keyword.
    * tag.getWeeklyArtistChart - This is a new type of artist chart. Returns ranked artists by weight for any given tag. Available in weekly snapshots. The chart weighting is based on both how much the artist was listened to during that period and also how frequently they were tagged with said tag. This is a new data set that hasn't been available before.

* track.getInfo will return a track wiki, track duration, top tags, listeners, playcount and primary album details for any given track. Our musicbrainz id coverage for tracks is a bit patchy, so be patient if you want to use musicbrainz id's (the service supports them).
    * event.share allows users to share Last.fm events from anywhere now. Emails and last.fm usernames are accepted as recipients. Takes a Last.fm event id.

August:

* user.getInfo - you can now fetch a user's profile details using this authenticated call. The user information you can retrieve is restricted to what we ask on the settings tab of the website.
    * geo.getEvents - you can now fetch events using a latitude and longitude.
    * user.getPastEvents - You can now fetch a user's entire event attendance history as a paged set of events.

Redigerad av jwheare den 14 okt 2009, 15:01
  • track.getInfo finally :D
    thanks

• kusmierz sa...
    • Användare
    • 27 sep 2008, 19:15
    we are waiting for localized *.getInfo()...

• Localized artist.getInfo is live. the others are coming next week (I forgot about them, sorry)

• sduggan sa...
    • Användare
    • 29 okt 2008, 18:39
    Any news on what's happened to the track date in the user.getrecenttracks method? It's broken my blog plugin...

• hey, how about a little glowing "new" image next to the webservice name on the doc pages?

• [spam]

Redigerad av mr_maxis den 4 jun 2010, 01:42
  • getPastEvents limit bug

http://ws.audioscrobbler.com/2.0/?method=user.getpastevents&user=joanofarctan&limit=20&api_key=b25b959554ed76058ac220b7b2e0a026

Fails with an error "Invalid limit. Please supply a limit between 1 and 50", the maximum it will take on limit is 19 though.

Also does not return the total as specified in the docs. I imagine one could do the math but why not return that or edit the docs?

• Invite Friends

I may have missed it but, I was looking for a way to invite people to join Last.fm. I have lots of friends who are into music as much if not more then I am and wanted an easy way to send out invites to come and join. I think this site/application is awesome and I want to share it with everyone!! Any thoughts? Maybe even something I could put up on facebook/myspace.

• tburny sa...
    • Forum Moderator
    • 15 nov 2008, 15:35
    maybe you could just recommend them good tracks and leave a message that they can join & try for free :)

Combo.fm: Combine your favourite radio stations! | My Blog | scala-lastfmapi | Cache2k - A high performance Java in-memory cache
    P.S.: Do not click here
    throw new PokemonException(); //Gotta catch 'em all
    My forum post reflects my personal opinion :)
    • aluedeke sa...
    • Användare
    • 17 jan 2009, 17:29

delete/remove methods?

Hi,

i wanna ask if you plan to add e.g playlist.removeTrack, playlist.delete and library.remove* (Artist, Album, Track) methods?

best regards

• User.getInfo->playcount

Why I need an Authentication for this?

• tango_ sa...
    • Användare
    • 16 feb 2009, 17:30

Re: User.getInfo->playcount

LeutnantGuck said:
    Why I need an Authentication for this?

I was wondering about this myself. The user info available from the API is freely visible from the website even without being authenticated; why the extra protection for access via the API?

• bbidpa sa...
    • Användare
    • 26 feb 2009, 10:15

geoEvent realy needs a search parameter

Hi,
    geo.getEvents realy needs:
    "s" - search parameter (&s=the+latest+event),
    "events_on_page" - parameter to set how many events I want to display on my current page with pagination.

The last one is not such important as the first one.

If it possible to display events by keywords without it, or maybe this feature would be availible soon?

Thanks

• red_imp sa...
    • Användare
    • 4 mar 2009, 17:02

why does user.getInfo require authentification?!

I can't seem to find a single reason why this method requires authentification. Is there any? If not, then is there a chance that this will be changed in the near future?

• tburny sa...
    • Forum Moderator
    • 5 mar 2009, 09:49
    @red_imp: this has been discussed many time and there have been suggestions to add a user.getPublicInfo call. Maybe you want to vote on it on LastFVS.com?

saw some new services:
    artist.getImages
    artist.shout
    event.getAttendees
    event.shout
    user.shout

horray ;)

Combo.fm: Combine your favourite radio stations! | My Blog | scala-lastfmapi | Cache2k - A high performance Java in-memory cache
  • Add Event

Are there any plans to add an event.add method to the API ? or should I keep hacking with Curl + username/password post params?

• music.search

Is there a reason this isn't implemented? To get search results the same as using the search function on www.last.fm with Music selected.

• tburny sa...
    • Forum Moderator
    • 8 jun 2009, 17:47
    any new services except artist.getPodcast ?

• artist.getPodcast doesn't seem to work very well

ONGOING PROJECT! PHP Last.FM API (Download or SVN)
    Online Last.FM Player (Updated version is SVN only currently)
  • Ok everyone, user.getPublicInfo is coming later this month!

@webjunkie01 We have been interested in producing event.add for a while. There are moderation and trust issues involved but it will most likely happen pretty soon as it's in our backlog.

@elwinarens We are spending time improving search on our website over the coming couple of months, so it's likely a new search service or two will soon be available that take advantage of the enhanced search.

• JRoar sa...
    • Alumni
    • 2 jul 2009, 15:33
    joanofarctan said:
    @webjunkie01 We have been interested in producing event.add for a while. There are moderation and trust issues involved but it will most likely happen pretty soon as it's in our backlog.

thanks! We are eagerly waiting for this. Also if you'd add my further suggestions to event-elements and this one that'd be ace :) -regards

• [Raderad användare] sa...
    • Användare
    • 8 aug 2009, 19:17

Suggestions

You should make it easier for people to find other people with the same music tastes in a general area by zip code. You should also make it easier for people to find updates on bands they dig by letting people know when a band will be performing somewhere/let the band update their last.fm page personally to let people know what the latest with them is.

• Re: Suggestions

Bardonodude said:
    You should make it easier for people to find other people with the same music tastes in a general area by zip code. You should also make it easier for people to find updates on bands they dig by letting people know when a band will be performing somewhere/let the band update their last.fm page personally to let people know what the latest with them is.

http://www.last.fm/group/Last.fm+Web+Services/forum/21604/_/477095/1

?

"Are you not entertained?" Then take a listen to my thousands of lovingly loved Loved tracks and love the loving, Lovely:
    http://www.last.fm/listen/user/mINDsELFiNDULGE/loved
    The Bestest: Gonna Get Got, Veronica Lipgloss, King Hell, DearestAzazel, Tsunami Bomb, Mindless Self Indulgence, Moloko, The White Stripes, Muse, Von Iva, The Mentalists!, Escape The Fate
Anonyma användare kan inte skriva inlägg. Vänligen logga in eller skapa ett konto för att göra inlägg i forumen.