• News Tips

What should we be covering on Last.fm Trends?

Every day our stories get pushed out to more than 100 blogs and radio stations around the world. If there's a major story breaking and you think we should be covering it then now's your chance to tell us.

• Trends is a good idea but,,,

I like the concept of the ‘Trends’ site, but I think it needs to be broken into sub-genres. The way it is, unless you’re into Modern Rock or are a thirteen year old girl (a Pop fan), the news and charts are meaningless. Maybe tabs for Mainstream Rock, Alt. Rock, Metal, R&B, Hip-Hop, Traditional Jazz, Smooth Jazz, etc. in addition to Modern Rock and Pop. Just because it is the most scrobbled, doesn’t make it the best song for all users. Of course, this line of thinking is not very friendly for corporate advertisers. Their motto is, “I don’t care if it’s not good, just sell it.” I’m sorry, we are not all musical lemmings and sheep. In a lighter note, good luck trying to convince folks that Good Charlotte have ever 'rocked' or that 'JT' isn't James Taylor. Keep the faith and keep up the good work.

• Eurovision Song Contest

The Eurovision Song Contest is coming up (this year May 10, 12 & 14 in Düsseldorf, Germany), one of the world's biggest televised music events. The ESC songs never rank high in the last.fm charts, but it would nevertheless be very interesting to see a Trends article on the participating songs!

Thanks a lot!

Anonyma användare kan inte skriva inlägg. Vänligen logga in eller skapa ett konto för att göra inlägg i forumen.