07 Cat Power
    08 Bright Eyes
    10 Felix Meyer

• And 12 goes too

Tune-yards

• I think felix meyer won.

• congrats to SilentPoet82

Felix Meyer is the Winner of LSC01

• You win this ultra modern state of the art lawnmower for these blissfull spring days!

• Final results including penaltys

01. Felix Meyer 66
    02. D E N A 65
    03. Radical face 63
    04. Tune-yards 61
    05. Gazelle Twin 58
    06. Massive Attack 54
    07. Blaudzun 49
    08. Satellite Stories 40
    09. Bright Eyes 39
    10. verdena 36

11. of the wand and the moon 32
    12. Holly Conlan 30
    13. Amaral 29
    14. La dispute 21
    15. John Frusciante 19
    16. Tool 11
    17. The Legends 07
    18. Dwarves 01
    19. Cat Power -2
    20. Chris Geo -5

• Congrats to SilentPoet82, and I wanna say I'm glad that some ppl liked Of The Wand And The Moon. To me it's not all about winning, it's about makin' ppl happy :)
    I was a bit disappointed some ppl did not comment...and of the fact that most ppl here have quite similar tastes-maybe you could go to the shoutboxes of bands from all genres and tell em about this group-this includes Metal of all kinds, Hip Hop, Reggae, Electro, Goth Rock, House, Dubstep, Classical...whatever there is out there, you know, I wanna listen to a very mixed mix someday :)

but it was a cool first round, thanks to everyone! When's the next one?

• Damn maybe I should give that song another chance.

• veggiecannibal2 said:
    Congrats to SilentPoet82, and I wanna say I'm glad that some ppl liked Of The Wand And The Moon. To me it's not all about winning, it's about makin' ppl happy :)
    I was a bit disappointed some ppl did not comment...and of the fact that most ppl here have quite similar tastes-maybe you could go to the shoutboxes of bands from all genres and tell em about this group-this includes Metal of all kinds, Hip Hop, Reggae, Electro, Goth Rock, House, Dubstep, Classical...whatever there is out there, you know, I wanna listen to a very mixed mix someday :)

but it was a cool first round, thanks to everyone! When's the next one?

I agree, Ima do a punk song for the next SC.

• Thats a great idea veggie! ive been posting it all over last.fm , and i have picked many different diverse artists! ill target some of the genres that we were missing from this contest!

• mails will be out within the hour regarding the LSC02!

• What is the penalty, like how much do you lose for not voting?

• 12 points if you fail to comment
    12 points if you fail to vote!

this may change in the future!

• having made the effort to comment and vote, would you guys be annoyed if i made everyone eligible to compete in LSC02??? just this once!

• Wow, thank you very much for this lawnmower! If only I had a lawn... :D

I'm glad I presented a song some of you liked and maybe didn't know before! I believe this is what it's all about! I'm a bit surprised how a mayority liked a song in a foreign language.. but I think this shows how openminded you all are and that this will be fun in future editions, too!

As for my part I like it when all different kinds of genres are present!
    Every song will get a fair chance from me and sometimes I like a song even though the whole album wouldn't be my style.

Wollt ich leben und sterben wie ein Toastbrot im Regen?
  • @jmanzo2009...I will switch the genre every time. The fun thing is, ppl only know what I listen to here on my profile, but I've had the following music listening history (I won't explain why, would take too long)
    Age 14-19: only metal and hard rock
    age 19: only weird jazz, especially John Zorn and stuff from japan & Captain Beefheart in general
    age 20-24 experimental/avantgarde jazz + indie rock/pop
    age 24-26 indie rock/pop, Hip Hop, Reggae
    age 27-29 Stoner Rock, Alternative Rock
    Age 29-31 Stoner Rock, Punk, Oi!
    from then on Black Metal
    since last year Black Metal & Neofolk
    it's not like I forgot any of the old stuff or dislike it now. I'm having a hard time picking the song for SC02 by the way. I have like a million songs I could choose from. Btw my vinyl is not scrobbling here but I can still find it on youtube :)

I'm staying up right now just to pick a song...it's like the hardest thing ever to find something that at least a few people here could like, it's not that I'm so hot about winning, but I don't wanna shock anyone's ears too much. Still I am obliged (to myself) to change the Genre with every round to keep it interesting.

wow nevermind I just found a song among my huge collection that I really wanna play! BRING IT ON :)

• tiepgeit sa...
    • Användare
    • 6 mar 2012, 23:03
    It was an honor to compete in the first SC... thanks to all contenders.
    A great way to be introduced to some new music indeed!

IMHO more than 20 songs is overkill (time consuming) so what are your plans harajukudude when you want to make SC02 eligble to all?

"Happiness is like a cake…. Have too much and you’ll get sick of it."
    - Karl Pilkington

Founding Villager @ Cortonville
    www.cortonville.com

So knives out
    Cook him up
    Squash his head
    Put him in the pot

Anno AC/DC
  • @veggie I'm really interested if it's black metal. That genre has always been on my oh no-no's list for music.

• i can see why some might think more than 20 songs would be time consuming! but whats an extra four/five songs on top of 20!, I cant honestly see LSC02 with more than 25 songs! I think 4 days is enough time to listen to all songs!

Im gonna send out mails in the next couple of mins, and just this once im going to make everyone eligible to compete in SC02.

• I lied I'm gonna do a hip-hop song, there was none of that in SC01

• frenger1 sa...
    • Användare
    • 7 mar 2012, 01:23
    can i suggest for one round and not necessarily the next one, that we keep it at 20 songs but increase the length of track to say 8 minutes? keeps the format of the game fresh and will once in a while allow us to indulge our choices further. just an idea :)

• i like it,, how about track lenght 5mins - 10mins only! we can have loads of differant themed contests in the future!

• I don't really understand the 5-minute rule at all... but ok. ;)

I like themes! How about "No Songs in English" or some contests only for some decades like 70s, 80s, 90s, 00s, etc.

Wollt ich leben und sterben wie ein Toastbrot im Regen?
  • @jmanzo: I'm afraid you have to wait for that...btw Black Metal is something I guess you can't appreciate at the first listening. I listened to the same Endstille-Record for 10 times and then I suddenly loved it. While hating it the first time I listened. But that's with most new genres that are not "easy" to your ears. You have to give it time. I will post you some black metal for your personal enjoyment now, though...:): HOPEFULLY you'll like it...I am giving my best, you'll get a PM. Black Metal became my main listening genre cos there is everything in there, from slow to fast, from melodic to noisy, from bands who are open and play violines and saxophones to bands who can rock me with only a guitar and a drum kit and not even a bass.

I am not giving away which Genre I'm gonna play in SC02. This should stay a surprise :)

@frenger: But HOW do you wanna keep it at 20 songs when there are more then 20 members? I'm afraid that won't work?

About the track length, I think that should be open. I mean, in Grindcore you have 0:50 songs, and then Green Carnation who are experimental have a 60 Minute song which is a whole album. Don't worry, I am not gonna play something THAT extraodinary long here. Just saying. Different genres, different track lengths. I think anything between 1 Minute and 20 minutes is fine (with me)

I like Theme contests as well. I already love Silent Poets suggestions, would like to add Genre Contests (but only brief with the genres, for example, no "only death metal" contest, but an "only metal (that can be anything metal)" contest.) Like you can say only Hip Hop but not only Dirty South Rap. So everyone can find something, even if they are not so much into that Genre.

If you wanna make a real crazy contest you can add stuff like "only songs about love", or "Only sad songs about love" or "only songs you listen to when you are in love" LOL these are just three examples. There could also be "Only songs you play when you are angry" etc. Fun stuff. Be creative. :) :) :)

Have a nice day you all!

• rosat-b sa...
    • Användare
    • 7 mar 2012, 17:59
    Yay, didnt realise how proud i would be at my song coming 3rd! :D looking forward to the next contest.
    Also i think the idea of themed contests would be fun
    See you all for more voting!

Anonyma användare kan inte skriva inlägg. Vänligen logga in eller skapa ett konto för att göra inlägg i forumen.